Legend
Reaction score
Your thoughts??? Im talking about the leather ones :dontknow:
It looks like this:
mustang_boot.jpg

ItsASleeperTillItStartsUp

Reaction score
Re: CConvertibe BOOT FTMFW or FTMFL

Not bad, my sister has one, but not leather. Best bet is to try to keep it out from the sun for long periods / rain and you should be golden. Those speedster caps look good too with the roll bar also if you do those.

speedster1.jpg

saleen12.jpg

2002_ford_saleen_mustang_281sc_speedster_m.jpg

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score

ItsASleeperTillItStartsUp said:
Not bad, my sister has one, but not leather. Best bet is to try to keep it out from the sun for long periods / rain and you should be golden. Those speedster humps look good too with the roll bar also if you do those.

Ya. I trying to find some pictures. A guy is selling it for $50 (the leather one)

Looks like crap on this sn95
88287d1263792511-need-advice-replacing-1994-mustang-convertible-top-photo371a.jpg

images

auto_x5.0

Reaction score

I love mine, it's no speedster cover, but it looks better than just letting the top show

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
auto_x5.0 said:
I love mine, it's no speedster cover, but it looks better than just letting the top show

You have the leather one? Any picture with it?
Thxs

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Some examples of some sweet Speedster Caps in my Edit ^^.

Yep, those looks awesome, but the local guy only has the leather one for $50.

Reaction score
Twista said:

For the money, that one looks pretty nice and it would go great with your black car. I also realized that, that picture of the Red Saleen is Fountain Hills in AZ. I used to go there all the time as a kid when I lived there LMAO, man I miss AZ.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Twista said:

Funny as I saw the fountain in the lake and recognized it immediatly as my fav mountain bike trail is just past it at mcdowel mountain park. I too miss az and my trails....

For the money, that one looks pretty nice and go great with your black car. I also realized that, that picture of the Red Saleen is Fountain Hills in AZ. I used to go there all the time as a kid when I live there LMAO, man I miss AZ.

ivan12

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago there was a guy selling a real saleen speedster cover for $90 on Craigslist. I thought about picking it up and re-selling it but figured nobody would want to pay the shipping cost. I tried talking my lady into letting me buy it as a spare but she made me realize one takes up too much space, so 2 would be overkill.

That's a good deal on the leather cover though, I'd pick it up for $50

Reaction score
ttocs said:
Funny as I saw the fountain in the lake and recognized it immediatly as my fav mountain bike trail is just past it at mcdowel mountain park. I too miss az and my trails....

I know all that area... funny small world. You ever been to the Apache Junction and climbed the Superstition Mountains? I climbed to the highest cliff when I lived in AZ with my Father. It was awesome seeing eagles / hawks and even seen a low flying Cessna. They were all below us and I could see the top of them, it was a really cool but unusual to see at the time. Great times I will have to see if I can find the pictures of my Dad and I on the top with the view in the background. Also, had one sick 3 story Territorial / Stucco House that my Dad designed and built there in East Mesa. Great times.

Twista said:
^^ The girl in the white and red= WINNING!.

Oh Yea! Glad you like her lol.

cmsismyname

Reaction score
Definitely pick it up, my brother has one for his vert and it actually makes a big difference in how the car looks

joekd

Reaction score
It's a pain in the butt to get marks out of when it gets folded but I think it cleans up the look a lot. I started storing mine open hanging up in my garage when not in use

Here's a couple of my car with the cover on
P1010501.jpg

P1010503.jpg

Here is one without the cover and the folded top exposed

P1010809.jpg

ABCexclusives sells a really nice hard tonneau cover which fits in the same place (still allows rear seats to be used) but I cant justify $250 plus paint cost for it

95opal

Reaction score
I would definately get the cover, verts just dont look right without one. As for weather you go for the full speedster or just the boot is up to you. The boots nice cause you can rock it anytime the top is down and pull it off, fold it and put it in the truck if it starts to rain. With the speedster you better make sure you have no rain in the forecast , unless you buy the 2 piece your stuck with the top down. Driving threw rain storms with the top down aint fun trust me. I have both and prefer the speedster at all times unless they are predicting rain sometime that ill be out in the stang, then i just throw the boot on still looks good but just not as good as the speedster.

ac5f1ad4.jpg

f0036471.jpg

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Looks awesome with the styling/light bar.

I might get it. Not sure how it looks without a backseat though :dontknow:

Thanks for the pics opal and Joe

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
I always wanted a speedster cover for the vert...but the leather one definitely looks nice, I would get it if I were you. It just covers up the top and looks clean.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The one for $50 is just the stock boot right?
Mine has never even been out of the case it came in :)
I took it out of the trunk when I bought the car and popped it into the garage.

I have seen them selling for over $150 so $50 is a good deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online