Likely hp gains with a supercharger?

Rons95GT

Not a new member
Reaction score
95’GT, Boss block, 331 forged scat crank, forged H- beam rods, forged pistons, AFR 185 heads, 1.6 roller rockers, Anderson Motorsport blower cam, Trick Flow Track Heat intake, 60lb injectors, Ford Racing 65mm throttle body (Left over from NA days), SCT big air mass air meter. Aeromotive 340lph stealth fuel pump, 8AN fuel lines, 6AN return lines, Paxton Novi 2000, 10-11 lbs boost. Makes 515 rwhp, 485 rwtq. Tremec 5-speed, King Cobra clutch, Ford Racing Aluminum driveshaft, 8.8 rear with tubes welded, Ford Racing Traction Lock differential, 31 spline Moser axles. More but tired of typing.

CobraSound

Reaction score
I just made a thread enquiring about this same question for the most part. Anderson is saying 390rwhp with their kit on a stock cobra... Not sure but that sounds a little optimistic. I know Vortech is a great company, but the lack of a intercooler has me worried.

from6to8

Reaction score
I've ran my v2 s trim on my 94 for years, most it has made is 690rwhp and blew headgaskets. But it ran at 553rwph for years with no issues.
why did you blow headgaskets? I'm researching now about possibly adding a blower but I do have 196k miles on the engine now.

TrickVert

Reaction score
Because "690 RWHP." LOL!

The "safe" figure for a stock block and components is usually between 400 and 425.

With nearly 200K miles on yours, I'd be prepared to rebuild something relatively soon if you start amping up the power.

from6to8

Reaction score
Because "690 RWHP." LOL!

The "safe" figure for a stock block and components is usually between 400 and 425.

With nearly 200K miles on yours, I'd be prepared to rebuild something relatively soon if you start amping up the power.
Yeah right now I'm at about 275 to the wheels and I'd really be happy with another hundred horsepower. So what are your opinion would get me there and this is only a weekend driving street car only, no track. I really don't even force it around that much on the street I mean I do at my own will, but not letting ricers egg me on lol.

Yeah I really have to decide whether I want to spend maybe five grand ish including labor and everything I mean I want to rebuild but I necessarily I don't necessarily want to pull it and rebuild it right now so if I can get another 30 to 50,000 out of it I think I would be happy because that would equate to maybe five 10 years lol dude I have another 95 I need to do a 331 for naturally aspirated

from6to8

Reaction score
I agree that the estimated crank HP is way off, but 260 RWHP (corrected) is probably (could be?) accurate for your setup. Mine with a Trickflow U/L, Steeda #19 cam, GT40P heads, and 1.6 rockers made 272 at the wheels. Adding a V2 SQ blower at 10 PSI (and supporting mods), the car now produces 400 RWHP and 375 LbFt torque.

I'm posting this from my phone, so I'm not sure if my sig will show up, but there's a link on it to a full mod sheet.
did you put on your SC yourself? Those are the numbers I want to make and I'm at 270 rwhp now

TrickVert

Reaction score
I did the installation myself, yes, then had it dyno tuned. I would be hesitant, though ti stress a 200,000-mile motor.

TrickVert

Reaction score
I'm not saying don't do it, I'm just saying be prepared to fix things. You probably already have blow by with 200,000 miles, and that will only get worse with boost. Pressure in the block where it's not supposed to be can push oil past seals that never leaked before, and parts which are a little loose now can succumb to the additional pressures of higher horsepower and higher cylinder pressures. You also have to remember that the engine is only part of the mix. Transmission and rear end will be receiving added loads as well.

You might put on a blower, run 400 rear wheel horsepower, and be perfectly fine. There's no guarantee, though, and nobody has a crystal ball that can predict your specific outcome.

Last edited:

from6to8

Reaction score
I'm not saying don't do it, I'm just saying be prepared to fix things. You probably already have blow by with 200,000 miles , and that will only get worse with boost. Pressure in the block where it's not supposed to be can push oil past seals that never leaked before , and parts which are a little loose now , and succumb to the additional pressures of higher horsepower and higher cylinder pressures. You also have to remember, the engine is only part of the mix. Transmission and rear end will be receiving added loads as well.

You might vote on a blower, run 400 rear wheel horsepower, and be perfectly fine. There's no guarantee, though, and nobody has a crystal ball that can predict your specific outcome.
gotcha and yeah I just have to really ponder things. I do know I'll likely do the 331 for the other car so I can get that going and my plan was to see how I like the 331 and then possily do another for the 94.

from6to8

Reaction score
My vote: One project at a time.
definitely one at a time lol.

I finished the 94 with putting the engine out of my wrecked 95 and then painting and putting the new custom seats in as well as the wheels. Now the car feels good but I just have to get into it more than I'd like to have to so kinda wanting to do something with it first.

Attachments

• 94 after paint wheels ect.jpg
    94 after paint wheels ect.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78