List your RWHP here...

96StangGT

Reaction score
I got my 96 GT tuned and dynoed not to long ago and when i seen the dyno numbers i was disappointed...the sheet read 255rwhp and 258tq. I was wondering if thats an average or low for my mods. Or is something wrong with my car?!?!?! Can you guys list your hp and mods so we can do a comparison...

Heres the performance mods:
-"Shark Tooth" Upper Plenum
-Edelbrock Victor Jr. Lower Intake
-P.I Heads (Non ported and polished)
-Comp Cams 270s
-BBK CAI
-Bassani X-Pipe (stock headers)
-Flowmaster Single Chamber Mufflers
-3.73s
-MSD Coil Packs
-Throttle Body and Intake Spacers
-Diablo Sport Chip Tuned by JLP in PA

OP
OP

96StangGT

Reaction score
Yeah i kno tell me about it, i figured i would be close to 300rwhp but i was sadly mistaken :sad5: and i believe it was 80-90 degrees but i'd have to double check the dyno sheet

fastgtfairlane

Reaction score
i wouldnt worry so much about the numbers. a dyno is nothing more than a tuning device. pay closer attention to the power and torque curve more so than the peak numbers. besides you can go back tomorrow and not change a thing and make 10 more hp with a different day. how does the car run, how does it feel? put it on the track and then discuss.

OP
OP

96StangGT

Reaction score
fastgtfairlane said:
i wouldnt worry so much about the numbers. a dyno is nothing more than a tuning device. pay closer attention to the power and torque curve more so than the peak numbers. besides you can go back tomorrow and not change a thing and make 10 more hp with a different day. how does the car run, how does it feel? put it on the track and then discuss.

Yeah i see what your sayin just dissapointed with the results kinda and yeah car runs strong no problems at all and i ran it a couple times after tune and got a best 14.1 @98mph and a 2.1 60' time so i was spinning a bit then got pissed and didnt race it anymore lol until i get drag radials or something haha

fastgtfairlane

Reaction score
do you have a dyno chart? also when the cams were installed, were they installed straight up or were they advanced or retarded? that will play a roll in the powerband of the car engine

OP
OP

96StangGT

Reaction score
Yeah when i got it tuned by a guy in PA Johhny Lightening...you've probably heard of him, he didnt specify if he changed the timing but i'm sure because before tune my car would hestiate bad and stuff but yeah i got a dyno sheet ill post tonight...whats your numbers? track? hp?

Tbuck07

Reaction score
Damn, I have a NPI bolt on car for now, and ran 13.8's in the 1/4 on street tires..

fastgtfairlane

Reaction score
never had the car on a dyno before but ran a 13.96@99 in the 1/4 on street tires with 3.08s

OP
OP

96StangGT

Reaction score
yeah, see i know my car will run 13s easily but still imo should be deep in the 13s with a higher trap speed deffinately like idk seems like somethin is wrong with car even though it runs perfectly fine

Mr Jones 4.6

Reaction score
ON thing is your itake setup you need to take into view, If I read it correctly your running an Edelbrock intake manifold with an upper shark plenum. I thought and I could be wrong but those intakes are not that great when it comes to power making unless you ride that bad boy in the high rpm range. I would say thats why your torque is so low. Would like to see a dyno sheet and also get some pics of your engine bay.

Where are your peak numbers happening, at what RPM?

OP
OP

96StangGT

Reaction score
Engine.jpg

this is the only picture i can find right now, and now its dark at my house lol, will pose more current pics tomorrow...thats before the shark tooth plenum...but yeah man i never thought about how that intake operates at such high rpms...damn...you think a stock pi intake would of been better??? and i cant seem to find my dyno sheet :BangHead: but if i remeber correctly it made power all the way to 6k and had to let off of it b/c of the rev limiter i believe...

OP
OP

96StangGT

Reaction score
navarro98gt said:
Seems low man. See my sig......
yeah my heads are non port and polished yours are stage three, thats a huge difference...

Mr Jones 4.6

Reaction score
Now what you need to do is some research on the intake on google and what, sear "horsepower results with 4.6 mustang and Edelbrock intake" and see what you get and search from there.

I would assume that is definitely the cause of your low HP readings is because the intake is not going to make the power because of the short runners. I am just going off of the knowledge that I have learned. Everything I have read on the intake is that its designed for a carb and the rpm range is high, thats why the runners are not long. Short equal high horsepower but no low-end torque. Long runners equals low-end torque but some sacrificed horsepower, but not enough to complain about.

If you are staying N/A I would suggest selling the intake and either getting a stock one or maybe typhoon if you really want an aftermarket intake manifold.

I would sell it and all the stuff you bought with it and put the stock manifold back on and get you a nice aftermarket upper intake plenum and port and polish all nice and see what that setup gets you. Because with that setup and the cams you have you should be making some where in the 270-290 easily.

fastgtfairlane

Reaction score
it looks like you have a stock upper plenum and tb with an aftermarket lower. there is a big restriction for you right there. after all you still are running stock ford heads i wouldnt expect too much from it even if they are " p.i " heads they are not that great

navarro98gt

Reaction score
96StangGT said:
navarro98gt said:
Seems low man. See my sig......
yeah my heads are non port and polished yours are stage three, thats a huge difference...

Stage 2's and I'm running an auto trans. It?s always hard to compare dyno numbers when so many factors come into play, the biggest one being the Dyno. Either way nice car!!

OP
OP

96StangGT

Reaction score
fastgtfairlane said:
it looks like you have a stock upper plenum and tb with an aftermarket lower. there is a big restriction for you right there. after all you still are running stock ford heads i wouldnt expect too much from it even if they are " p.i " heads they are not that great
No i got an aftermarket plenum that pic is old is why u see the stock plenum and yeah p.i heads made a good bit of difference on the 96-98 Gts raises compression to 10:5:1 so it makes a differnece and i agree i'm gonna try the p.i intake the plastic one probably and a different plenum and see where that puts me...thanks guys...