locking lugnuts?

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
I am finally getting my 03 Cobra rims put on tomorrow!! A friend recommended buying locking lugs. I say no to them though. If I were a crook, that would be my first theft! Stealing me sets of different keys, I mean. What are y'alls outlook on buying them? Thanks!!

S

scarface

I wouldnt get them myself, but I dont live in an area where I would worry about my wheels being stolen?

4point6GT

Reaction score
i bought them mcgard lockin lug nut set, n ma key is already fucked up!!!!!! im pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!lucky 4 me it fucked up in the final 4th wheel, lol so theyre tight enough.....i need to order a new damn key now tho :slap:

gt96stang

Reaction score
If someone wants your rims bad enough, locking lugs are not going to stop them..

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i have gorilla locking lugs, they are decently priced and all 20 of them require the key. but it isn't hard to get a set of keys, all you need to do is go to discount tire. i like having them, but then again, they were on my car when i bought them, so i didn't have to pay for them.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
i broke my key trying to check my tire for a nail :/

There easy to get off though. Just get a socket a size smaller than the lugnut and hammer it on the lock. (youll ruin both the lock and socket) and wah-lah. You have a broken lock ;D

edit: It has to be an 8 point socket i think.

CanaryGT

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
i have gorilla locking lugs, they are decently priced and all 20 of them require the key. but it isn't hard to get a set of keys, all you need to do is go to discount tire. i like having them, but then again, they were on my car when i bought them, so i didn't have to pay for them.

Same here. I got them because I had the stock lugs and I wanted a set of pretty shiny ones. So that worked out good for me. I can see that all you would have to do is go back to discount and buy the set so you too then have the key. But hell, if it prevents it once..... it does it job.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
CanaryGT said:
Same here. I got them because I had the stock lugs and I wanted a set of pretty shiny ones. So that worked out good for me. I can see that all you would have to do is go back to discount and buy the set so you too then have the key. But hell, if it prevents it once..... it does it job.
that and it takes a hell of a long time to get 20 locking lug nuts off compared to only having four, like what many comapnies sell.

CanaryGT

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
CanaryGT said:
that and it takes a hell of a long time to get 20 locking lug nuts off compared to only having four, like what many comapnies sell.

I have to agree with you on that. I also like how they all just look the same then.

ui_cowboy

Reaction score
Just bought my car and it has locking lugnuts on it, I didn't know this untill i took it in to the shop to get a screw removed from the tire :( I don't have the key so they have to order me a new one so the car is out of comission untill then :lame: i didn't even know they made them untill today LOL

stang94X

Reaction score
i had bullet rims on my car last summer with locking nuts, well they only lasted about a week before i went and bought regular ones cause you can see all the lugnuts and when ever i would look at the rims my eyes went straight to the one locking nut cause it was different, so i took them off cause i thought it was ugly

The Green GT

Reaction score
They sell kits that will easily get locking lugs off.

And have you ever heard of that gator grip socket?

I had them on mine but broke a stud off in one so I just got new non locking nuts.

linkage13

Reaction score
Gator gripper sucks! I just broke my Mcgard key yesterday, :BangHead: and bought one of the grippers. As you can tell from my first statement it did not work. I wound up ordering a new key, but I'm probably just going to put regular chrome lugs all the way around. Just looks better with normal lugs anyways.

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
See someone brought this back. Kinda funny I don't even have the rims in which I posted this about.

linkage13

Reaction score
1STOF3 said:
See someone brought this back. Kinda funny I don't even have the rims in which I posted this about.

That's funny. I just saw July 3rd on the last post didn't notice the big fat 07 after it. Oh well, they still suck. LOL

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
How did you find the thread? If you did a search, I see how that would happen. Doesn't matter to me. Obviously you needed to know about it. I'm all for finding answers.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
Ive lost 2 locking lug nut keys before its a major pain in the ass. I dont run any now.

greenscobie86

Reaction score
Good tool companies sell wheel lock removal kits. I've seen the Snap On one in action, and it works well.

I just bought a cheap set of locks from American Muscle, they turned out pretty ok for $7.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online