Low and Slow 97 GT Build Thread

9838stang

Reaction score
I love everything on the car. Those corner lights look awesome. So that's what my car would look like: with HRE's on it.... Hmmmmm I love it!!!

Why do you have painters tape up front? For rocks or bugs? How far are you going?

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I love everything on the car. Those corner lights look awesome. So that's what my car would look like: with HRE's on it.... Hmmmmm I love it!!!

Why do you have painters tape up front? For rocks or bugs? How far are you going?

Lol I was just thinking about that, our cars are identical!

I'm driving the car down 5 hours each way to MW, following cars with drag radials, so I'm sure there's going to be a ton of rocks getting thrown at it.

bonestock3.8DTH

Reaction score
So I loved your car before, and now it's basically my favorite sn95 ever, your car is so freaking sexy, and I LOVE the carbon fiber bits, it looks amazing

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
So I loved your car before, and now it's basically my favorite sn95 ever, your car is so freaking sexy, and I LOVE the carbon fiber bits, it looks amazing
Thanks man! It means a lot!

Well the car made the 5 hour trip to mustang week without any problems, I'm very relieved!

joshuaw3

Reaction score
Thanks man! It means a lot!
Well the car made the 5 hour trip to mustang week without any problems, I'm very relieved!

i just now saw this thread and I'm curious as to how you got the fog lights to work on their own? It drives me crazy that I have to have the headlights on for them to work.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
i just now saw this thread and I'm curious as to how you got the fog lights to work on their own? It drives me crazy that I have to have the headlights on for them to work.

There's a writeup on here somewhere. You just take a wire and splice it into the foglight harness IIRC.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Guess I'll "update" this thread. Nothing worth noting has changed on the car since Mustang Week. I burnt through a clutch cable because of the turbo piping, then snapped one 20 miles after that, then put an OEM Ford one in and haven't had a problem since. I also have been fighting fuel delivery issues ever since MW. First I dropped the tank to find the strainer off the pump, floating around. I fixed that and redid my wiring and replaced the fuel filter again. Still has a slight cutout at 4500 RPM under full boost, I think it might be in the tune. I also replaced the alternator and battery because I had some weird cranking issues that I finally got figured out. Turns out it was a loose positive connection in the inner fender. I also redid some small things that were bothering me, but nothing worth posting about. The car is basically issue free again, minus the cutout issue that I'll get fixed if I ever go get retuned for 9psi. Once on 9psi, I should be knocking on the door of throwing a rod through the stock block, so that's going to be fun.

I also sold the HRE's and bought some CCW Classics. My dream setup. In the pics I had Weld Magnums up front, which will be going on my fox. I don't have any pics of the drag pack fronts on the car yet.

1bad95

Reaction score
Looks perfect with the drag setup on there.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
The fitment on the HRE's sucked IMO. They stuck out way too far for my liking. And the whole black wheel thing got old real quick for me.

Here's a pic of it now. I'll probably sell them soon though, lol.

1bad95

Reaction score
Those are perfect on there. Great looking car and setup! Definitely jealous

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Looks good as always!

I think I liked some of the previous wheels better, but that's just me.

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
I was wondering if you put pics up of the CCWs yet. Do you have a build thread going on anywhere for the coupe? I see an updated pic like once a month on instagram and curious where you are on it lol

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I was wondering if you put pics up of the CCWs yet. Do you have a build thread going on anywhere for the coupe? I see an updated pic like once a month on instagram and curious where you are on it lol
I actually haven't driven the car but once since I put the CCW's on it, I just don't have the motivation to do anything with it right now but I have been slowly collecting a few parts for a totally new direction with the car. It may be next winter before I do anything with it though :(

The coupe is taking up all of my free time, I'll make a little thread on here because I think I forgot to make a build thread on this site for some reason, lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruby Stang

Members online