Low and Slow 97 GT Build Thread

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Damn the sit perfect now. I'm ordering my turbo blanket from PTP also. You're going to love that piece.
I hope I can get it to fit. The turbo is 1/4" away from the water pump pulley, but I think I can tweak it and make it work.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Progress is finally being made. I only have about 1/3 of my parts right now, but I'm installing what I have and my new goal is to have the car completed by next weekend, giving me a week to test/tune with the car to make sure it's ready to make the 4 hour trip. I thought about trailering the car, but then again trailering a car that runs, drives, and has ps, pb, cruise, radio, and AC is just stupid IMO, and I like to laugh at the people that trailer their cars everywhere. So if the car is going, it's going to be driving. If it breaks, it breaks. At least I am using the car.

Enough of the slight rant, here's the progress pics.

I started out by doing something a little different with my tail lights. I always liked the export lights, but I'm cheap (hence all of the ebay parts), so I'm not going to pay $500+ for tails when my current ones are mint. I used some yellow Lamin-x for this little project. Credit to [MENTION=15502]Ferocious[/MENTION] for the idea.

The pieces I cut out

And the pieces laid over the reverse light.

Completed tail light assembly, after polishing and waxing the lens bezels.

And installed on the car, along with my new LED license plate bulbs.

I also put in my LED dome light bulb.

Then I wired up my HID's

The only thing so far that I don't like about them. The connections to the factory pigtail just slip on. I'll figure something out for those tomorrow.

I mounted the ballasts on top of my intercooler.

That's all for now, much more to come in the next few days!

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
I wanna see her done soon. Which headlights and chin spoiler did u order? U should have got the 03 cobra lip one like JB's old 98, as your cars gonna destroy the regular ones since its so low lol.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I wanna see her done soon. Which headlights and chin spoiler did u order? U should have got the 03 cobra lip one like JB's old 98, as your cars gonna destroy the regular ones since its so low lol.

I ordered UPR's smoked headlights and UPR's cheap $50 chin spoiler. I would like to have an 03 cobra lip, but that's way too much money for a piece of rubber, lol. And this car isn't even close to being low anymore lol, it's SO much more functional now that it's on 18's and has no exhaust. I've got like 5" of ground clearance. It's life changing.

chris91

Reaction score
I think the UPR Chin is the nicest and closest to OEM you can get. The others from like American Muscle are shiny and smooth looking, the UPR has the textured look and feel to them.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You're about to pull hella b*tches with the Ferocious tail light mod.

chris91

Reaction score
Hey man I remembered you were trying to find the Neo Chrome Lug Nuts when I saw this pic. Your wheels would look so good with the Neo Chrome bolts too.

neo_chrome_edition-434x404.jpg

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Hey man I remembered you were trying to find the Neo Chrome Lug Nuts when I saw this pic. Your wheels would look so good with the Neo Chrome bolts too.

neo_chrome_edition-434x404.jpg

this is is the plan. That's one of the best looking setups I've ever seen right there. The only problem is finding some neochrome lugs I like. Hardware won't be cheap at all, but it'll be worth it!

chris91

Reaction score
From what I was reading is you send off the ARP hardware and have em coated. Prices were all over the place though. Saw em from $250-500. Wonder how much it would be to get the lugs done too.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
From what I was reading is you send off the ARP hardware and have em coated. Prices were all over the place though. Saw em from $250-500. Wonder how much it would be to get the lugs done too.

I'll have to look into this as a winter project for sure.

Today's progress

I let the car back down for another mockup. I tinted the side reflectors, but forgot to take pics of them individually.

And the "clearance" between the girdle and the trunk pan. Yeah, I am going to need to do something here. It'll be raised up a little, but I think it will still make contact over bumps. Oh well, it'll clearance itself eventually.

A few parts I painted

I finally got rid of the gay overlay that's been on my 3rd brake light.

It must've been on there for at least 10 years, because it was baked into the lens.

After tint

Then I got the fogs wired up

Then I put Lamin-X over them as well.

And put LED's in my 3rd brake light and even put a trunk light back in.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Looks good. Sad you didn't go the right way with projectors but hopefully that'll change. I love the look with the new wheels and the little details you've done. Keep it up. Wish I could be at MW to see it.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I've never really liked the look of projectors at all. I only drive the car about 10 times a year at night, so the ebay HID's should serve the purpose pretty good

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I got a few parts today.

CF antenna yo.

Headlights...

Not what I ordered. I was expecting these. I'm unsure of what I'll do about this yet.

Chin spoiler. I put it outside so it can bake in the sun tomorrow before I put it on.

Put the antenna on

And put my CF bumper inserts on.

I forgot to take a pic of them, but I also got MMD hood struts too.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Today's progress
Mounted the chin spoiler

Put the bumper back on.

And then put in the headlights

The fit on these headlights is amazing considering how shitty SN95 headlights usually fit, so I guess I'll keep them.

With the headlights on. Green foglights ftl.

So I took off the yellow tint.

Then put on the MMD hood struts. These things are awesome. They fit perfect and went on in 10 minutes.

Wichers123

Reaction score
Can you get a shot of the whole car of that chin, I really need to find something for my car cause the intercooler hangs out the bottom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STANGFLOYD

Members online