Lowering springs - what went wrong

OP
OP
F

Finale-gt

Reaction score
Quick update. I'm now considering buying the Ford Racing B springs. They are quite reasonable even after shipping costs. It's either those or the UPR pro kit (supposedly made by Eibach!). Anybody had these upr springs??

OP
OP
F

Finale-gt

Reaction score
image_zps68633070.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Eventually I have fitted the Ford Racing B springs, Koni STR.T street shocks & struts & energy suspension isolators. I am now very happy with the handling of the car, and it sits just right to be able to negotiate all of the speed bumps where I live & work ;-)

I would warn anyone and everyone about purchasing ebay springs, they were the biggest waste of money!

SVT CAMR

Reaction score
Nice! Feels good when it's done! Looks good.

Those are the "B" springs? I had "C" springs and it looked similar.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
So did the 96+ gts come with those 94 95 tail light for the export stangs????

* Sent from tapatalk while sitting on the toilet at work*

OP
OP
F

Finale-gt

Reaction score
Yes, it's a Jap export, and they all came with those tail lights

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
I want the little rear bumper thingamajigs so I can be more JDM but they are extremely hard to find

OP
OP
F

Finale-gt

Reaction score
Just a quick update, not been on here for a while. Fitted shark style caster camber plates (which were rubbish, ended up getting refunded!)

I've now fitted 18" Koenig Stampede rims which look a lot more aggresive than the old 17"s, I just need a bump steer kit now as my Tester mentioned that my tie rods were sloping upbank.

1459338_10153403050613228_3295959317467739219_n.jpg

Mustanger

Reaction score
That is looking good My Brit friend! Pretty color & the lowering is right on the money! You have the patience of Job to take those springs in & out so many times! LOL...I admire your work ethic. I am so glad you like our American cars and the hobby of modding them. You have my sympathies on the price of shipping & conversion difference in money. Could a private purchaser over here buy them cheaper & then ship them to you? Of course there is the bit about honesty & trust to consider. Could you just receive them or do you declare them & pay the fees?

Nirwan

Reaction score
As a fellow-european, you can probably say that an item from the states will cost about 50% more in Europe.
In Holland you pay about 30% importtax and 21% vat. Not sure what the current vat is in Britain.

So Yeah, it's cheap to shop on sites like americanmusle , CJpony and LMR, but in the end we pay 50% more.
It's worth it, driving an americancar overhere is awesome. Lots of neck-hurting and filming/photographing :cool:

OP
OP
F

Finale-gt

Reaction score
That is looking good My Brit friend! Pretty color & the lowering is right on the money! You have the patience of Job to take those springs in & out so many times! LOL...I admire your work ethic. I am so glad you like our American cars and the hobby of modding them. You have my sympathies on the price of shipping & conversion difference in money. Could a private purchaser over here buy them cheaper & then ship them to you? Of course there is the bit about honesty & trust to consider. Could you just receive them or do you declare them & pay the fees?

There's a guy who brings a container in once a month but when he priced up for me it was cheaper to buy from Summit and pay their shipping!

If I could get someone stateside to me send parts, they would just need to mark as being worth less than they really are and mark as a gift, then I wouldn't have to pay all the taxes.

If it went missing or damaged during transit though, I obviously wouldn't be able to claim the full amount as it would have been stated as less!

Next thing on the list is a new alternator, I can see the shipping being a tad high on one of those lol.

By the way, I love your car Mustanger, it looks so tidy.