Mach 460 Amps bad?

Flade

Reaction score
Well that makes sense. 1 amp feeds the back Bass speakers, the other feeds the front two. The front amp feeds the tweeters.

so now you need to decide to repair or replace the amps or go aftermarket. Looks like a resistor fried? should be easy enough to replace. Have to wonder what caused them to toast though.

OP
OP
ForeverDriven

ForeverDriven

Reaction score
at this point unless you are dead set on keeping everything stock I would say to look to the aftermarket. You can fit a nice component set up front and with a pair of coax 5 x 7s in the back and a nice sub you will be just as happy and with less problems later on.
Honestly at this point yeah thats what I'll do.
There are NO circuit diagrams anywhere for those amps. Even other forum posters who did the same repairs couldn't find the originals, and even the matching parts they found were out of stock. I tried the repair with the closest components I could (to the specs people thought they were, again no real info on this from Ford) and everything worked for about 5 minutes until burning up lol.

At least now I know the speakers are good lol. Will first try wiring up just an amp and see if I can save myself the speaker replacement, but we'll see where that goes.

OP
OP
ForeverDriven

ForeverDriven

Reaction score
Well that makes sense. 1 amp feeds the back Bass speakers, the other feeds the front two. The front amp feeds the tweeters.

so now you need to decide to repair or replace the amps or go aftermarket. Looks like a resistor fried? should be easy enough to replace. Have to wonder what caused them to toast though.
Yeah too bad there isnt any information about the resistor specs! Couldn't find any diagrams or anything, had to go off of forum posts others made and even the parts they listed weren't made anymore. I soldered in the closest components I could but the boards still fried again after a few minutes. Oh well.

Flade

Reaction score
Unfortunately Ford uses Speakers with different resistance values than aftermarket Amps require. If you go aftermarket, you’ll likely need to replace the speakers too.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it will be a bit of work to try and make the stock speakers sound good. As he said the woofers are an 8 ohm that most car audio amps do not like. The tweeters are 4 ohm but they are also 20 yrs old and you would honestly be better off with an aftermarket deck/speakers and if you want to add amps/sub you can.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.