Madd Motorsports Time Attack and Autocross Build

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Almost getting ready for my next stage of my build!

I have my clutch cable kit, Stifflers Tubular Transmission crossmember, Energy Urethane Tranny mount, x2 ball joints for when they fail, prothane steering rack bushings, throwout bearing, pilot bearing, speedo gear for when im ready to swap some 3.31's, idler pulley so it can stop squeaking, felpro header gasket, Mercon V tranny fluid, and rear main seal. I have some Stage 8 locking header bolts coming in tomorrow, got some ceramic BBK shorty's coming in as soon BBK decides to ship them, custom clutch being made, and got the bearing retainer coming in. Still need to get some inner tie rods ordered. Progress Progress PROGRESS!

I did have a problem with my radiator leaking from the top. Turns out it is leaking from the mount thing place nonsense. Some jb weld later and no leaks. Still have a radiator replacement on the to-do list. Probably go with SVE Aluminum radiator if it gets any worse.

2uj6vj9.jpg

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Just got my stage 8 header bolts :D

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I know this is pretty much a dead thread but ill just keep this updated for who ever is curious enough about products i get or things i do.

This is my new shift knob. I will try to get a picture up of the pedals soon.

ffa5nt.jpg

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
You are off to a mighty good start. Keep it up. I dig the '72, as well.

Your car needs more low.

Thank you sir!. Yes both cars are do for some coilovers soon. For now the 72 is getting about a 3 in drop in the rear and 2 inch in the front by cutting a coil or 2. After i get this clutch and headers job done, next is going to be the chassis. after that is some race wheels and tires (some anthracite cobra R reps and azenis), then coilovers. Car gonna sit just right :D

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
just got my headers today! woot woot! and my t5 bearing retainer. All i need is my clutch, and all these new parts will be installed.

k12cm.jpg

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Nice progress so far! You are getting this car back into shape pretty quick. Good luck on the clutch and header job, changing my clutch definitely tested my patience but it's all worth it when you finish the job right

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Nice progress so far! You are getting this car back into shape pretty quick. Good luck on the clutch and header job, changing my clutch definitely tested my patience but it's all worth it when you finish the job right

Ohh man. Im looking forward for it. Going to have help but man i hope its worth it. Many people saying the shorty's are useless. I hope they arent

joshuaw3

Reaction score
Having had longtubes in the past I went with the same headers you have because with a 2 inch drop the headers have serious clearance when you have long tubes I scraped all the time. We will see what happens with all my plans if I can gain more power then ill get the longtubes again otherwise im happy right now with mine.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Having had longtubes in the past I went with the same headers you have because with a 2 inch drop the headers have serious clearance when you have long tubes I scraped all the time. We will see what happens with all my plans if I can gain more power then ill get the longtubes again otherwise im happy right now with mine.

exactly. My dad had long tubes on his 07 gt, stock height it scraped. Mine will have a 2.5-2.75 in drop. also doesnt help that i have to smog it. LT will not pass a visual, with the right cats itll pass the sniffer.....if you even get to that stage...

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ohh man. Im looking forward for it. Going to have help but man i hope its worth it. Many people saying the shorty's are useless. I hope they arent
I wouldn't say useless, the gains just aren't as big as LT's.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would have to agree useless is a harsh word. Yes you get more power from the LT's but you also get a lot less cussing from the shorties.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I would have to agree useless is a harsh word. Yes you get more power from the LT's but you also get a lot less cussing from the shorties.

I wouldn't say useless, the gains just aren't as big as LT's.

Well i guess everyone has their opinions. I personally dont think they are useless. I have them on my "racecar", and they work perfectly. I wouldnt be disappointed if i dont get 2000000000000 horsepower. I would be kinda disappointed if it didnt make my exhaust sound better LOL. thats the real reason, exhaust note.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well i guess everyone has their opinions. I personally dont think they are useless. I have them on my "racecar", and they work perfectly. I wouldnt be disappointed if i dont get 2000000000000 horsepower. I would be kinda disappointed if it didnt make my exhaust sound better LOL. thats the real reason, exhaust note.

Well duh. that's the only reason to change the headers and cam. "the sound" lmao

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
here are some more pictures of the work ive done

mw8heu.jpg

kvrbt.jpg

111ov4p.jpg

ehnezd.jpg

jpeayv.jpg

1zdt0t3.jpg

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
and now i have a water pump leak and broken radiator. picked up a murray water pump and radiator today. gonna install that tomorrow!

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
and now i have a water pump leak and broken radiator. picked up a murray water pump and radiator today. gonna install that tomorrow!

Nice progress on the build man! What kind of radiator did you end up going with?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online

No members online now.