Madd Motorsports Time Attack and Autocross Build

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Sooo..i was impatient and decided to install my wing.

2jdrsqs.jpg

2cei16d.jpg

wuosyf.jpg

10wl3yx.jpg

21o0nib.jpg

aea3di.jpg

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
SOOOOOO...what is my review on the wing??? Bottom line is "you get what you pay for"

It took almost a full week to receive, even though SCF is literally about 2 hours from me.
I had some small minor imperfections in the fiberglass (see photos)
the screws are really weird but they work!
The driver side rear hole (if you are standing in front of the trunk facing the car) did not line up what so ever, and i lost the screw in the trunk so not like i could of even screwed it in. But for sure it did not line up. at least the way i had it.
Other than that the fit is amazingly well, it does feel a little flimsy but that could be the last screw missing. I was looking up reviews on the s281 from kanean and it looks as if the SCF fits waaaay better. Which is good because if i spent 270 on an unpainted wing and it fit like shit i would of been pissed. But this one was 156 to my dooor. So ill let the hole lining up slide. But dam it looks good!!!!...I also replaced the driver window motor. What was weird is that when i removed the original motor still had it plugged in and i flip the switch and it works!!! perfectly, but when in the regulator it doesnt want to work..ugh..but the ADELCO (typo?) one worked perfectly, now i have working windows again. Now the radiator i bought from oreilly (murray brand) is leaking after about a month. It is leaking bottom passenger side where the plastic tanks mate with the actual radiator. Good thing is that it has lifetime warranty. So lets see what they bullshit they come out with when its time to exchange.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Now mods will be halted..I am trying to fund me some CCW's. Or work wheels. what do you think?

kb1982

Reaction score
Nice work so far. Car is coming along well. I put some MM solid motor mounts in my car awhile back also. Same results here, no bad vibes from them either. As long as the cam isnt rowdy, they work great.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Nice work so far. Car is coming along well. I put some MM solid motor mounts in my car awhile back also. Same results here, no bad vibes from them either. As long as the cam isnt rowdy, they work great.

yup yup. Running on stock cam here too and i love it soo solid LOL. But my car is a little rough because i need a tune since i put a 70mm tb

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
So the clutch i had one...wellll it was a piece of poop.and the idiot who installed it had my TOB against my pressure plate at all times. It was getting extremely hard to get in gear and slipping all 5 gears. Pulled it out and got a McLeod Super Street Pro clutch installed. I am 270 miles into my break in period and soo far soo good. it grabs on reallllly good. But when i havent driven the car in a while, it will get hard to get into gear...which means my syncros are poop...oh great...time to run this tranny to the ground.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Next step is my suspension!

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
just ordered a set of 2003-04 Cobra MM CC plates..woot woot

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
So i just finished my break in period for my McLeod Super Street Pro clutch, and all i can say is this thing grabs! I got my cc plates Woot woot. My heater core took a poop and dumped coolant all over inside. So i went to oreilly and got a 3/4" adapter connected and called it a day. fast forward to yesterday. the adapter warped and the hoses disconnected spilling coolants all over and in the process ripped my vacuum line. Some tape temporily fixed the lines and some copper piping solved that problem. So next step is too fixed that vacuum leak, fixed my TPS, fix my gas pedal (it came off), and fix the clutch pedal (cover came off). after that is save some money and get my coilovers and 3 link, then my CCW's!

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Just ordered some MM coilovers for the front! i am about half way done getting my parts to do a coilover conversion along with the 3 link. woot woot

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Well. kinda late on it but here are some updates. Got my 03/04 cobra MM CC plates, and MM front coils. Next is the shocks, rear coils and panhard bar.

20pvec2.jpg

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Also ordered my first SA-2010 helmet. got an autocrossing event coming up soon that im attending with ReplicaR. And i just applied to become a CHP officer. So far exciting year it has been. :)

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
just messing with my DSLR on a California summer midnight

2u45153.jpg

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
how hard is it to replace the vacuum lines that goes into the firewall?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
how hard is it to replace the vacuum lines that goes into the firewall?

Not sure entirely but I think the dash has to come out. That vacuum line controls your blend door and a/c stuff. As far as I know you gotta take the heater box out to get full access. That being said, doesn't your heater core need to be changed anyway?

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Looks good. I ended up replacing my radiator when I swapped my engine. Bought a $65 one off e-bay just for sh!ts and gigs. It actually turned out to be a nice piece and works very well.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Also ordered my first SA-2010 helmet. got an autocrossing event coming up soon that im attending with ReplicaR. And i just applied to become a CHP officer. So far exciting year it has been. :)

It's going to be fun as hell. I'm not sure if GTR guys are coming, but they usually roll out in force.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Not sure entirely but I think the dash has to come out. That vacuum line controls your blend door and a/c stuff. As far as I know you gotta take the heater box out to get full access. That being said, doesn't your heater core need to be changed anyway?

yaaaa..but it is bypassed for now. I got other stuff to fix first before i pull the dash out. and im going to need help because ive never done this before. :(

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Looks good. I ended up replacing my radiator when I swapped my engine. Bought a $65 one off e-bay just for sh!ts and gigs. It actually turned out to be a nice piece and works very well.

shiit haha. love it when cheapo stuff ends up being nice

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online