MMR coil over or supersports?

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
I have the eibach pro-kit on my car right now. I like how the rear sits, but the front is too high. I found someone selling 2 H&R supersports for $115 shipped. I have stock caster/cambers and some sorta aftermarket struts. Should i dish out a little more and get the cheap MMR coil-over?

this is NOT going to be a permanent suspension set-up, but i want my car low NOW. I plan to buy MM coil over in the future, but what should i buy for the time being?

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
just save your cash and get the MM goodies.

Do it right the first time and you wont have to do it again.

OP
OP
94Pro-5.0

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
just save your cash and get the MM goodies.

Do it right the first time and you wont have to do it again.

i like working on my car so i dont mind doing stuff again.

i wont be able to afford what i want till almost christmas, so i want something to lower my car by this weekend

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Do you still have front spring isolators? If so, remove those, it will drop you about quarter inch or so.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
H&R Super Sports are too stiff for what you have in the rear. See if you can pick up some Sportlines fronts, if slammed ride is what you want. Sportlines will better match the rear spring rates

OP
OP
94Pro-5.0

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
cool man, thats about the answer i was looking for.

i have heard lots of good things about the MMR kit. why should i stay away from it?

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I've had no personal experience with the parts, but it costs less for a good reason. I gonna go ahead and guess that the parts materials may be subpar, and it looks like the kit is underdeveloped to keep it cheaper. Both of those kits have bearing in the upper purch for rotation, but Maximum Motorsports seals their upper perch with an o-ring. I did not see anything like that on MMR stuff. Dalamar had MMR coilovers and went to MM from those, I'm sure he knows more about it than me.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
when it comes to Car parts.. you get what you pay for.

I learned this from Dalamar which learned it the hard way

OP
OP
94Pro-5.0

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
did he actually have problems with the MMR, or just like the MM better? like i said, i just want my car lower, right now. i guess i'll look for some used sportlines, or cut a coil off the pro-kit.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Cutting is always a good option. A lot of shops use that to get the ride even, when the spring does not have a flat top or bottom. Cut off half a coil off the bottom where the pig tail is, and you should be good. I just looked at stock spring, and it looks like if you cut off half a coil, you will drop the car roughly 1 inch.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Just like Replica Said... you can cut 1 coil off safely without causing issues. 95rioSnake (I think thats the Name) who has the Rio Red 95 cobra with 18inch Y2KR wheels has eibach prokit with 1 coil cut.... sits perfect.

OP
OP
94Pro-5.0

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
wow, i wanted to cut one coil off in the first place. i think thats what i'm going to do. thanks for saving me some bux

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
94Pro-5.0 said:
wow, i wanted to cut one coil off in the first place. i think thats what i'm going to do. thanks for saving me some bux

just dont go more than a coil..... Even the hotrod builders like Foose do it

McGarrh

Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
Do you still have front spring isolators? If so, remove those, it will drop you about quarter inch or so.

I know this is a dumb question but I am not sure what the isolaters are. What do they do and how will it affect me if I remove them? :hammer:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online