Mothers Clay Bar hard at work...

lilj4u2njoy

Reaction score
So im not sure if this goes here but here we go... today i stopped by my local auto zone and spend about $50 Bucks on cleaning supplies because my car needed a serious deep tissue massage... i started out by a simple wash and dried it by hand... then used the Mothers clay bar and then a mother wax... i dont have any pics of the process just the after...keep in mind i am by no means good at detailing my car, i normally just wash it and be done with it... but im very happy with the results... if any detailing gurus have any advice for me or suggestions or even critisims please let me know im thick skinned....

enjoy

PanamaCity001.jpg

You can clearly see my neighbors POS integra in the reflection
PanamaCity007.jpg

PanamaCity006.jpg

PanamaCity005.jpg

PanamaCity002.jpg

PanamaCity003.jpg

then i decided to clean the leather sections of the cobra seats... they were getting kinda grimey...
PanamaCity008.jpg

PanamaCity004.jpg

OP
OP
lilj4u2njoy

lilj4u2njoy

Reaction score
thanks, i appreciate it.... never cleaned the car like that before... it was very gratifying to see the results... now i just need to get my new carpet and center console (with cup holders...:) ) and ill be set lol

OP
OP
lilj4u2njoy

lilj4u2njoy

Reaction score
DAYUM that looks good :) i really need to get my lazy ass up and do that :p how long did that take?

Well my paint felt like 1500 grit sandpaper lol and between the wash and dry and everything, prolly around 3.5 hours

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
clay was probably one of the best things I ever did. made the paint like glass :D

OP
OP
lilj4u2njoy

lilj4u2njoy

Reaction score
clay was probably one of the best things I ever did. made the paint like glass :D

yea i have honestly never even touched it... and while i was doing it i was saying... "clay bar, where have you been all my life..." my car is soooo smooth and just gorgeous now... i guess it was a labor of love lol

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am sure we all remember the first time we were told about it.. "You want me to rub clay on my car to clean it?!"

I am also sur ethat we all remember the first time we did it"HOLY SHIT!?".....

2v_takeover

Reaction score
haha I still love the feeling of a clayed car. Feels so nice and smooth. Car looks good! I second the carnuba.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Looks great.you really should be more of pic whore..I'm also sold on the clay bar. I'll never wax without first using clay again.