Motor options on my 98 GT

Thomas_W

Reaction score
for that price you can have a less than 15k mile 99+ PI motor with the same amount of HP. The lincoln motors aren't all that great. They have cast cranks, crappy intake, and junk cams..

Thomas_W

Reaction score
if thats the only reason your looking a mark 8 motor you've got the WRONG idea.

an iron block has plenty of strength for your typical daily driver. The mark 8 motor is pretty much crap. Why would you want to spend $1200 on that motor when you can get a LOW MILEAGE PI motor that will be a direct swap into your car. The mark 8 motor will require a swap to a 96-98 cobra intake (or major wiring harness changes) and a tune.

This is all in speculation that you have a GT.. if you have a cobra, then you've probably already got a teksid block

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with these guys, if you want a teksid block just buy one for 3-400 and build around it....the Mark VIII setup is a waste since you have to replace everything.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
call around some local salvage yards. sometimes those guys can get them shipped in from other places too.

gt96stang

Reaction score
SilverSol said:
alright good to know. finding a 99+ P.I. motor for less than $1200 is turning out to be damn near impossible. any sites you guys know of?
[/quote

yeah, exactly.. I have yet to find a low mileage go for that much.. even on ebay, 40k miles go for 1800..
but anybody got any good places, I'm willing to look at them.

4point6GT

Reaction score
SilverSol said:
I'm picking up an '01 motor with less than 17k miles for $1k next friday. WOOHOO!!! P.I. MOTOR!!!!

u lucky SOB!!!!!!! that was fast and im fuckin jealous!!!!!!! 1k ? damn thats like basically FREEE!!!!!!!!! whered u find it ? is it in good condition ?

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
SilverSol said:
I'm picking up an '01 motor with less than 17k miles for $1k next friday. WOOHOO!!! P.I. MOTOR!!!!

Was it 17k on a rebuild?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
4point6GT said:
u lucky SOB!!!!!!! that was fast and im fuckin jealous!!!!!!! 1k ? damn thats like basically FREEE!!!!!!!!! whered u find it ? is it in good condition ?
1K is basically free, then why dont you give me a grand for free. :)

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
4point6GT said:
SilverSol said:

I found it on an auto parts locator site. Don't remember which one it was. It has less than 17K original miles and it's still in the car. It's in excellent condition. I just got an email about an 01 Cobra motor......

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
SilverSol said:
4point6GT said:
SilverSol said:

I found it on an auto parts locator site. Don't remember which one it was. It has less than 17K original miles and it's still in the car. It's in excellent condition. I just got an email about an 01 Cobra motor......

:khobra:

4point6GT

Reaction score
SilverSol said:
4point6GT said:
SilverSol said:

go 4 cobra, gimme the pi engine :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online