MUSTANGMURLEY'S 1996 GT 4.6L 2V SOHC SN95 BUILD

mustangmurley

Reaction score
Just a little background on the car to start... I purchased the car from an ex's brother back in 2013. He had gotten the car from an older woman who had actually won the car in a raffle years ago and hadn't been driving it regularly for a couple years. My ex's brother being the second owner of the car with the miles only at 80K. He had owned the car for only half a year and found a 5.0 he was interested in and I had told him I was interested and we ended up working out a deal and the car was mine. I had sold my Jeep Cherokee and Picked up a ranger to drive around during the winter. I had been interested in owning this type of car for awhile I've always been interested in muscle cars ever since I can remember, my uncle restores mopar and has rubbed off on me like white on rice always taking me out in whatever he was working on and showing me the ropes along the way. I have to credit him for the gearhead in me.

*First Picture taken in 2013 completely stock

When I first got the car I did not know too much about the 4.6L motor, I had mainly bought the car because of the mileage and the fact that the car had only two previous owners. Over the last couple years the car has been through a couple different looks along with many modifications.

First thing first I had to tint the windows and get a new set of shoes. I also added an X-Pipe to Flowmaster 40s and no CATS.
Following those few small upgrades I stored the car away for the winter. In the 2013-2014 winter I had only made one modification, I added a hurst shifter with pistol grip.

When April of 2014 rolled around I had decided to go with a different set of rims and tires. I purchased 18" Replica Torque Thrust 3" Deep Dish rims wrapped in Nitto NT555 285/35/18 Rear Tires, Nankang Nobel Sport 255/35/18 Front Tires. Added the saleen spoiler and quarter window louvers along with blacking out the tail lights and adding a ford third brake light cover. I also replaced brake calipers and rotors with slotted and drilled rotors with ford pre painted red calipers, new headlights with led bulbs. Along with a few cosmetic upgrades I also added SK cold air intake, SCT Tuner, MSD coils, march under drive pulley kit, bbk strut tower brace, upper and lower rear control arms, gabriel quad shocks I also replaced the old pioneer radio for a jvc with an aux, replaced the DIN with a silver ford emblem plate.

End of summer of 2014 I knew I wanted more which started the PI plan. I had researched the internet for some ideas on what to do for the biggest gains I also knew I wanted to swap to 3.73 gears.

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score
Finished PI SWAP

Other Winter 2014-2015 MODS

Spring 2015 with street tune

Winter 2015-2016 Plans....
1. New clutch and flywheel
2. Tubular K-member
3. Coil over kit w/ caster camber plates and bump steer kit

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score
4/28/2016 - UPDATE
Performance Improvement Head Cylinders 10.5:1 Engine Compression
SCT X3 BamaPerformance Tuner
Custom Tuned by "AmericanMuscle.com"
Comp Stage 2 XtreamEnergy 270 cams
Comp Valve Springs .550 lift
Comp Timing Gears
Polyurethane Motor Mounts
Hurst Shifter & Pistol Grip*
Ceramic Long Tube Exhaust Headers
3" X-Pipe with FlowMaster 40s
ProComp Typhoon Upper/Lower Intake
BBK 78mm Plenum/Throttle Body
XYZ Tuning Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
BBK Strut Tower Brace
BBK Rear Shock Tower Brace
Polished High Output 160amp Alternator*
March Performance Underdrive Pulley Kit
Bosch Four Hole Fuel Injectors (21#)
Professional Products Fuel Rail
UPR Tubular K-Member
UPR Tubular A-Arms
UPR Front Coil Over Kit
MAXpeedingRod Caster Camber Plates
STEEDA X2 BallJoints
Upper&Lower Control Arms
EnergySuspension Poly Bushings
EnerygySuspension Poly End Links
Gabriel Quad Shocks
Ford Racing Rear Lowering Springs 1.25"
Slotted and Drilled Rotors
Red Powder Coated Ford Brake Calipers
Reybesto Ceramic Brake Pads
CX racing aluminum coolant overflow tank
Tri-Core All Aluminum Radiator
Ford Racing High Flow Oil & Water Pump
MSD Blaster Ignition Coils
Ford Motorcraft Spark Plugs
Ford Racing 8mm Spark Plug Wires
Lokar Flexible Dipstick
Spectra Premium Oil Pan
Royal Purple Synthetic Oil 5w20 & Filter

Body:
18" Replica Torq Thrust Rims
Rear Tire 285/35/18 Nitto NT555
Front Tire 255/35/18 Nankang NobelSport
MRT Hood Struts*
Trans-Dapt Hood Pins & Landyards
Autometer Tachometer
Saleen Spoiler
VHT Niteshades Taillights
-5 Spoke LED Tail Bulbs
Sequential Turn Signals
Xenon Quarter Window Louvers
All-In-One Headlamps w/ LED Bulbs
Red LED Cluster Bulbs
JVC Radio Head Unit
Sony Speakers

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Nice work! You did the PI swap right with all the new chrome parts. That engine bay looks great man

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Wow you did alot of work to the car over the time you had it. Clean looking engine bay too. I wish my car was in that nice of condition upon purchase. Your plans for front suspension will really help the car out. You will love how easy of access you will have to everything afterwards. Keep the mods coming.

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score
Wow you did alot of work to the car over the time you had it. Clean looking engine bay too. I wish my car was in that nice of condition upon purchase. Your plans for front suspension will really help the car out. You will love how easy of access you will have to everything afterwards. Keep the mods coming.
Well when I got the car I wanted to take it to shows with a couple of my friends, uncle, and deeplist. I also wanted to have something worth showing with a good clean look so I've been throwing money at it constantly over the past couple years and its hard to stop haha my girlfriend tells me I have a "car problem" but I just tell her its a solution not a problem haha

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
Extremely nice ride. All together beautiful. My gal tells me all the time that I have a car obsession lol . I just say at least it ain't hookers.

sent while thinking of mods for my 4.6s using tapatalk

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have just a few things

First:
I love the build. Awesome progress. I love how I'm reading and I go "alright, another PI swap, let's see it" then you bring out all of God's parts and put them on!! Got my attention! lol

I recommend possibly ditching the Underdrive you mentioned. The gain is minimal and it puts extra strain on your alternator, and I know that thing was $$ so I would hate to see it bite the dust. :(

How much were the tail light LED's. They look interesting, are they really bright?

And finally, what is the classic next to it. I'm having a hard time putting my finger on it! If that's yours post some pics!

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score
I have just a few things

First:
I love the build. Awesome progress. I love how I'm reading and I go "alright, another PI swap, let's see it" then you bring out all of God's parts and put them on!! Got my attention! lol

I recommend possibly ditching the Underdrive you mentioned. The gain is minimal and it puts extra strain on your alternator, and I know that thing was $$ so I would hate to see it bite the dust. :(

How much were the tail light LED's. They look interesting, are they really bright?

And finally, what is the classic next to it. I'm having a hard time putting my finger on it! If that's yours post some pics!

I did grab the 160 amp alternator if I remember right and I was unsure about how much actual gain I would get from the under drive kit which is why I decided to go with the March performance kit and not an off brand. Tail light LEDs were an eBay purchase. If your interested I can post a few pictures of them during night and day so you can see how bright they actually are especially with the tinted tail light housing. I actually got pulled over about two months ago for not signaling 200ft before a stop sign and he also told me that my tail lights weren't bright enough but it was just another excuse for this a$$ hole to pull me over. I replied to him with that in Indiana it is not illegal to have your tails tinted and he told me either way you're required to see the lights from 500 ft.. anyways I got off with a warning and not required to remove the tint. Lastly the car in the picture is a 72 cuda fresh resto. It's a 340 automatic. My uncle just finished it last winter and sold it to a dealership out of Detriot just a month or so ago. I'll post some pictures of the car from start to finish. I actually also got the chance to work on a '68 Vert Shelby GT350 this past winter we repainted the engine bay and replaced some of the engine bay fenders. I'll throw up some pictures of that too. My uncle mainly restores mopar for himself, but more recently he's been taking on some projects from other people so it's been cool to see and work on different things.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not saying the cop that stopped you was right/wrong or whatever, but from the times I was following behind you, your lights were kinda hard to see, especially when it was sunny and bright out. I'm not sure if it was because of the LEDs, the tint, or both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online