MUSTANGMURLEY'S 1996 GT 4.6L 2V SOHC SN95 BUILD

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score
Great, and when you really want to make it fun then you delete the power steering and power brakes. Then your belt gets much shorter and it looks so much cleaner.

I'm sure it looks nice it should for as much as a manual rack and pinion cost haha but I was surfing eBay last night and found a few options for that pulley.
b183ab7da9ed4146b365d2110c4b4a5b.jpg

b6933f4f84f58c3484ead32d8190b158.jpg

I'm torn because the used pulley is $20 plus shipping which is $11. Or the polished pulley for $43 with free shipping. There are a few other used pulleys in worse shape for a little cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I'm sure it looks nice it should for as much as a manual rack and pinion cost haha but I was surfing eBay last night and found a few options for that pulley.
b183ab7da9ed4146b365d2110c4b4a5b.jpg

b6933f4f84f58c3484ead32d8190b158.jpg

I'm torn because the used pulley is $20 plus shipping which is $11. Or the polished pulley for $43 with free shipping. There are a few other used pulleys in worse shape for a little cheaper.

I like the polished pulley and think it would look great in the bay, but I think i would start with the cheapest one I could find and make sure it fits. There are a couple different sizes. One fits, and one doesnt. You could always try the parts house.

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score
I like the polished pulley and think it would look great in the bay, but I think i would start with the cheapest one I could find and make sure it fits. There are a couple different sizes. One fits, and one doesnt. You could always try the parts house.
I messaged both to see if they were sure of the filament on my car. Still planning on hitting up a few junk yards to have a look around and see if i cant snag one there for cheaper.

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score
I had the car in the shop this morning because last week or so I noticed a very slow coolant leak but could only locate it coming from the plug. Pulled the plug drained the coolant and put the plug back in hoping it would seal. No luck the thing still was leaking very slowly. I had a pressure test done at the shop and they found the leak out the plug and a very small crack on the drive side. The radiator is all aluminum 3 core and it's been on there for less than 2 years. Anyone have any recommendations towards a decent all aluminum radiator?

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
What are you running now? I have the mishimoto 3 core and its been good to me. They recently updated the design and its even better than it used to be.

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score
What are you running now? I have the mishimoto 3 core and its been good to me. They recently updated the design and its even better than it used to be.

I'm unsure of the brand I believe it is a CXRacing but it's been awhile I replaced the radiator when I did the head swap two winters ago. I'm having the shop keep it on for now and I'll limp it home until I get a new one and can get to installing it. I'm just glad they found the small crack and it wasn't just that damn plug.

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score
Still trying to decide on a radiator, but I scored the idler pulley I need from a guy on Facebook this morning for $15.

2f22e6ff1a6901c64de0ab88753800de.jpg

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Great pics with the T bird and very cool that your grandpa is a car guy.

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score
Great pics with the T bird and very cool that your grandpa is a car guy.

Thanks!! Luckily I am blessed with a couple gear heads in my family. He's owned that bird for 16 years this year. It's numbers matching all original aside from the interior and audio system. The thing still has the windshield washer fluid in a bag!! He's also got the original build sheet from ford I'll have to take some pictures of it next time I get around to it.

OP
OP
mustangmurley

mustangmurley

Reaction score
Have you done that belt swap yet?

Nope just got the pulley in the mail yesterday got caught up with the holiday weekend I'm assuming. Probably going to attempt it this weekend if my uncle gets his super bee off the lift.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Nope just got the pulley in the mail yesterday got caught up with the holiday weekend I'm assuming. Probably going to attempt it this weekend if my uncle gets his super bee off the lift.

You need a lift to swap a belt?!?

Youre sooooo spoiled lol.

Man.......................I want a lift

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STANGFLOYD

Members online