My 600 RWHP project with pics.

Low 11s

Reaction score
My project is now complete. It goes to be tuned on July 12, 2007. The only thing left on the car from Ford is the Unibody. It has a fully forged McCallister Brothers Racing crate engine, ProCharger D1-SC, Moroso 8 quart oil pan, Bassani long tube headers, TKO 600 5-speed trans with a Ripper shifter, Centerforce Clutch and Flywheel, Subframe Connectors, Tokico Adjustable Shocks and Struts, Steeda Adjustable Tubular Control Arms, 6-point roll cage, Brembo brakes, and alot of other stuff I'm forgetting. Tell me what you guys think: http://www.vettetech.com/projects/96mustang/aarons96.htm

Eric_94cobra

Reaction score
Very nice setup! Post some track times when you get out. That car is going to put the hurt on some unsuspecting vettes, rx's, etc.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
thats one nasty setup there! good luck with your #'s!

OP
OP
L

Low 11s

Reaction score
I'll be posting numbers from the dyno on July13, 2007. Once I go to the track it should get interesting.

OP
OP
L

Low 11s

Reaction score
Thanks for the support guys I hope it puts up big numbers and can out handle a Cobra.

OP
OP
L

Low 11s

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
Man, I gotta put a cage in mine...
any tips?
What a pain in the ass. In order to make the seats fit I only had once choice of seats; Corbeau LG1. The only seat on the market that won't rub against the rails.

OP
OP
L

Low 11s

Reaction score
19turbo95 said:
On the roll cage did you have to remove the rear speakers?
No, but you have to drill through the rear deck.

Grnstang

Reaction score
Very nice....Pretty much a whole new car. I love the saleen wheels too O0

OP
OP
L

Low 11s

Reaction score
19turbo95 said:
So do you recommend the cage or go with someone else?
I don't recommend the cage unless you drive your car hard alot. If you drive your car hard you can benefit from the chasis stiffness and the roll-over protection. If you dont drive you car hard then losing the comfort of reclining seats and the ability to move your seat back far from the wheel aren't worth it

OP
OP
L

Low 11s

Reaction score
Grnstang said:
Very nice....Pretty much a whole new car. I love the saleen wheels too O0
I loved those wheels but they're gone. The chrome started to peel to I sold 'em.

68mustang5.0

Reaction score
Just wondering, and i dont mean to be a downer, but if youre doing this much to that car, why leave the stock K member? I mean, if i had that much power and i was putting that kind of money into my car, i would have the top of the line suspension.

OP
OP
L

Low 11s

Reaction score
68mustang5.0 said:
Just wondering, and i dont mean to be a downer, but if youre doing this much to that car, why leave the stock K member? I mean, if i had that much power and i was putting that kind of money into my car, i would have the top of the line suspension.
That may be something I do over the winter but we didn't deem it necessary because I'm not into drag racing. I like to take the turns hard. I would be doing it for the weight reduction.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online