My 94 Cobra to 03 cobra conversion

OP
OP
W

wldtang

Reaction score
went to NMRA in BG last weekend. Had a good time. Watched some racing, did some cruising at Hobby Lobby, and put the car in the show. Had a good weekend until sunday.

During the car show on sunday, the wind blew my hood off of the prop rod and back into the windshield. My windshield is now cracked. There were no other damage to the hood or hinges. Just the windshield. At least the hood wasn't painted yet.
prostars009.jpg

prostars010.jpg

The weekend got a little better when i took home second place in the 94-98 class. Not bad with an unpainted hood. This is the first time I have won any awards at any of the NMRA car shows.
prostars011.jpg

Got home and got a pair of Pro Stars with MT ET Drags. Bolted them to the car to see if they would clear. I like the way they look. Now I need some fronts.
prostars002.jpg

prostars003.jpg

prostars004.jpg

prostars005.jpg

prostars006.jpg

prostars007.jpg

prostars008.jpg

thorco3

Reaction score
Whats the latest on the hood dave? Ins going to cover it?

The outstanding 94-98 trophie was well deserved. I've got a BA set of wheels going up for sale if you want "Best of" next year, lol. Just playing, but I am seriously going to sell the TF's if you're at all interested.

OP
OP
W

wldtang

Reaction score
thorco3 said:
Whats the latest on the hood dave? Ins going to cover it?

The outstanding 94-98 trophie was well deserved. I've got a BA set of wheels going up for sale if you want "Best of" next year, lol. Just playing, but I am seriously going to sell the TF's if you're at all interested.

I haven't called the ins yet. I plan to tomorrow.

You are killing me with those wheels. If you are serious, shoot me a number. I just really only need wheels. No tires. I might have to put my saleens up from sale.

You got me thinking now.

thorco3

Reaction score
Hmm, well. I haven't thought about selling them without the rubber. You've got the MT's for traction, leave the pirelli's on these for the long tread life, best of both worlds. we might be able to work something out. I'm sure somebody would be interested in the rubber.

thorco3

Reaction score
wldtang said:
keep me posted on what you decide. I might be able to put the rubber on the saleen's to help sell them.

If I post up a f/s thread I would start them at 3000 obo. That's with the tires of course. The 315 pirelli's run 500ea new, and these don't have many miles on them... so if you wanted to turn around and sell, I'm sure they would fetch a fair price.

OP
OP
W

wldtang

Reaction score
Just completed a dyno day saturday.

See below. I thought I was loading tunes for 21-23 but my tuner forgot to change one of the spark tables. Therefore run 1 was on 18 degree and runs 2-4 was on 20 degree tune.

VUdynorun2.jpg

VUdynorunall.jpg

thorco3

Reaction score
Hey Dave those are some awesome numbers. I didn't even know VU had a dyno, shoot me a pm the next time they are having a dyno day. I wouldn't mind tagging along or even taking my car.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
great numbers, and that sounds like it comes on strong.

u gotta be happy with that! :eek:ccasion14:

OP
OP
W

wldtang

Reaction score
thorco3 said:
Hey Dave those are some awesome numbers. I didn't even know VU had a dyno, shoot me a pm the next time they are having a dyno day. I wouldn't mind tagging along or even taking my car.

I haven't been on here in a while. I think there might be another dyno day coming up. I will let you know if I hear of a date.

How is the car doing?

Slykin

Reaction score
.26 on video one blew my ever lovin mind. Sounded like it was about to explode or take off like a jet. Just AWESOME man.

Venomous96Cobra

Reaction score
wldtang said:
thorco3 said:

I haven't been on here in a while. I think there might be another dyno day coming up. I will let you know if I hear of a date.

How is the car doing?

Aren't you bored with that already! I think you should start over with a new project! if your interested I will trade you that boring 94 Termi swapped car for my 96 Cobra which will provide you with a great starting point for a 5.4gt 500 swap or even a 5.0coyote swap :dontknow:

:laughing4: I wish! but if you have a moment of insanity don't hesitate to contact me!!!! :confused1:

OP
OP
W

wldtang

Reaction score
Venomous96Cobra said:
wldtang said:
thorco3 said:

Not bored yet. I still plan to turn it up a little more this year and then will prob be done.
I have been given some thought to the coyote motor. Man I would love to build one of those.

How is the car doing?

Aren't you bored with that already! I think you should start over with a new project! if your interested I will trade you that boring 94 Termi swapped car for my 96 Cobra which will provide you with a great starting point for a 5.4gt 500 swap or even a 5.0coyote swap :dontknow:

:laughing4: I wish! but if you have a moment of insanity don't hesitate to contact me!!!! :confused1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STANGFLOYD

Members online