My Mustang!!

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Thanks Duh... hopefully I can get some time to mess with it tonight. had to go meet some family that was flying thru and play tour guide. lol.

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
well, the car runs... and you can hardly tell the intercooler is there. only a sharp eye is gonna see it.... Its tucked up about 3" higher than the lower rad support, so hopefully it doesnt get smashed on parking curbs.

Heres how the piping ended up. the hood closes with it there, so it stays that way for now

2011-12-18205843.jpg

2011-12-18210017.jpg

2011-12-18200710.jpg

Slykin

Reaction score
Looks like your bumper's had a hard life there Mike. Very very nice though...

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Thanks fellas!

Looks like your bumper's had a hard life there Mike. Very very nice though...

you're right... I had one with nice paint on there for a while, but the paint started flaking, and I figured all white was better than what looked like sun spots.

So, a bit of an update, I think the computer in my car is fried. it will idle correctly for about 10 seconds, then run like crap, commanding wierd AF ratios, idling at 2500rpm, and generally not working right.. Im gonna see if I can find another computer.

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
SO, update... got the car tuned, and figured out the computer issues. the computer case cant be touching a ground! I feel like a moron sometimes... haah

and........................

the big news

the car is getting a Boost Brothers turbo kit. so, the blower setup is coming off the car. Im hoping the tune I have now carries over to the turbo setup (doubtful) lol. In other news, its also getting some Kirkey race seats, and 4pt harnesses, if everything works out well.

Mrstangerbanger

Reaction score
??? So what intercooler kit did you buy and do you have to have a bigger then stock hood?

How bad were you getting heat soak without the intercooler ?

Will the intercooler piping fit under stock hood?

Why are you running a Foxbody computer and not a sn95 if you are using a moates chip and burner ?

So when you put a foxbody throttle body set up on did you just delete EGR? Wll your car pass smog?

I was also looking at intercooler kit for my car but was thinking of meth instead .

Thanks

Also are you looking to sell some of your parts?

What exactly do I need for a Foxbody Tbody >? Cable,Tbody,EGR spacer,?

I was thinking of doing that because the discharge pipe on the sn95 vortech kit is a joke and really restrictive .

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
??? So what intercooler kit did you buy and do you have to have a bigger then stock hood?

I bought a universal CXracing intercooler kit. seems to work pretty well, its about 20* over ambient at sustained WOT. it could fit under a stock hood if the piping was final fitted and messed with more.

How bad were you getting heat soak without the intercooler ?

um, it wouldnt heat soak so much as put out 200* discharge temps from the blower

Will the intercooler piping fit under stock hood?

Not really, lol, it was meant as a temporary setup, so it needs final fitting and setup

Why are you running a Foxbody computer and not a sn95 if you are using a moates chip and burner ?

cuz i was tired of messing with the SN95 computer that seemed to fight me at every step. it was really holding back the car. it will eventually have a BigStuff3.

So when you put a foxbody throttle body set up on did you just delete EGR? Wll your car pass smog?

haha, smog, wassat? it has the Fox style 80mm Accufab on it, and a plate that is custom made to mount the throttle cable. It does not have an EGR spacer, makes valve cover clearance much easier.

I was also looking at intercooler kit for my car but was thinking of meth instead .

Hm..... Idk about meth, of course, I like to have the least amount of moving parts possible.

Thanks

Also are you looking to sell some of your parts?

depends on what you are looking for. the T/B and custom parts there is not gonna go anywhere anytime soon.

What exactly do I need for a Foxbody Tbody >? Cable,Tbody,EGR spacer,?

exactly, all those parts. T/b, EGR spacer, a non SN95 specific manifold,a throttle cable and mount bracket, and a little patience

I was thinking of doing that because the discharge pipe on the sn95 vortech kit is a joke and really restrictive
ya, it is... and the fox setup is much better. I had a fox style elbow on there for a while, and it ran great with it. never messed with the SN95 setup really.

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
So. Got some quality garage time today, Fabbed up a coil mount. My coil wire wouldn't reach the fender, and I'm running fox accys, which don't have a provision for a coil mount. So, I made one. I gotta finish it and weld it up, but it works! I also cleaned up a bunch of wiring, and cleaned up the inner fender well. Figured I'd get all this done before the turbo setup gets here. It's dissasembled and ready to get some more power.
c29535dc.jpg

d842dcd3.jpg

c1d8e21a.jpg

65c97dcc.jpg

Slykin

Reaction score
I'm sure this was addressed a loong time ago in this thread, but is that Griggs front suspension setup the dual A-Arm system? I'm planning on getting the whole kit eventually and would just like to hear some opinions on it.

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Oh man, I wish it was the SLA setup. I have the strut style, which is plenty good for a street car. I have driven the SLA equipped sn95 cars, and it is a bit of difference. The strut cars just don't have as much grip up front. Most of the racers say you can put 1-2 seconds on a strut car with the SLA front end, everything else being identical.

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
I didn't know ppl liked it, haha I'll post it back up for your viewing pleasure!

Slykin

Reaction score
Oh man, I wish it was the SLA setup. I have the strut style, which is plenty good for a street car. I have driven the SLA equipped sn95 cars, and it is a bit of difference. The strut cars just don't have as much grip up front. Most of the racers say you can put 1-2 seconds on a strut car with the SLA front end, everything else being identical.

Thanks for the info, i'm hoping to get the SLA setup if I can afford it haha. Griggs is expensive stuff, but it looks to be great quality and very well engineered...

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
It's worked well for me, and I drive the car a bunch, some on roads that were pretty rough. Never broke anything, and the alignment stays true for a long time.

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
So.... due to all the BS going down last spring... I kinda left here for a while... but IM back! I have a bunch of updates too.....

First off.... I installed Holley's HP efi after the A9L kept giving me trouble at the racetrack... and driveability sucked with it.... so I saved up my pennies and went for it.
Driveablilty is MUCH improved, tuning is sooo much easier... it went from barely idling most of the time, to calm, easy to drive, and no more bucking and surging.... I also installed the touchscreen. the engine bay is much cleaner as well.. on to the pics!!!
8F5D3676-D6AC-4516-BCB3-B9B5A301AFDC-3666-000003660CD35C24.jpg

847576FD-053C-4240-B910-8F21B875FE73-3666-00000366389057B1.jpg

D265F8CA-FC25-4E4B-AD39-299D26C8E170-3666-0000036672593535.jpg

CEA75D8F-21AD-47C7-9F08-5DDFF3324B46-3666-000003662609ABFC.jpg

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Also, drove the living shit out of the car all summer, went to several autox, road race events, and blew up the rear shocks finally... in the process of looking for some new stuff.

Parting out the engine as well, already sold the heads, blower kit... the intake is up for grabs, as is the shortblock and valvetrain. Next up... the Boss 310ci monster motor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online