My Mustang!!

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
So.... the ecu is still giving me fits, and the wiring is being a bit*h. whenever i plug in the chip to the ecu, it runs the fuel pump nonstop and wont connect to the scantool. have another comp, havent tried it yet, teaching a noob to mustangs whats what right now.

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
So... an update is in order.

The car is wired back as a 1994/5 GT 5.0, and it fires! im mostly done with the wiring in the car, but it does have a complete drivetrain, etc. I am in the middle of swapping an A9P computer in, just need to swap a few more pins, figure out a fan controller, and wire a BAP sensor, easy enough. The ECU/PATS problems with the 96GT stuff was just too much, and complicated, and not much support out there compared to the fox/GUFx strategies..... so I went the easy way.

I made some spark plug wires from a set of 4.6 cobra Talyor 409 wires I got for free, I put the MSD boots on either end. seem to work pretty good, the resistance is very low, even compared to Super Conductor wires. Like less than 1/8th the resistance.... awesome.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Nice buddy sounds like she's coming back together. The only way I know how to deal with pats is to replace the ignition with a new one with transponder keys and programming the first key takes 45 mins the second key takes 5 seconds lol just did it last week

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Ya, these problems were above and beyond that.... I couldnt really get support for the ECU and run the Quarterhorse with it, etc.... the stock stuff will work. I was gonna go out and mess with it some more tonght, but it sounds like Denver is gonna get some snow tomorrow, which means my plans are gonna be work on my car, not go to the shooting range.

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
So... bit of an update.... ITS ALIVE!!!! Gotta finish some more wiring, but it runs! starts, idles and revs like crazy too. Not sure the 80mm throttle body and a blower is a good combo for fine throttle response, but who cares.... haha. Gotta install the 6AL, mount it, install some stuff inside the car, figure out an air cleaner, and I should be ready to roll.

Mrstangerbanger

Reaction score
Great work bro

Are you running a Stock block still ? Also is that a S Trim ?

Im running the same set up... I would love to see how much power you make. I'm keeping it at around 400 rwhp tell I build a boss 302 short block .. Also what clutch are you running ?

5point0

Reaction score
was wondering if I could see a pic of the steering shaft and how it fits in your car. what kind is it and what year rack do u have in the car. Also wondering are u running coilovers in the front yet. Do u know the Backspacing on your set of rims, front and back.. looking good... Im still willing to give your rims a nice home to stay in.... :)

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
So, update.... the car DRIVES!!!! its effin mean too, spins the tires hard at 1/2 throttle... its running rich, and I havent wired in the BAP sensor for the Fox computer yet... so that may be part of it, along with the tune being a bit off. but, it drives!

5point0....Haha, I'll keep that in mind....

for the steering rack... well... its mounted on a Griggs racing K member, so IDK if that will help much, and im using Grigg's solid steering shaft. The rack is a stock 1994 piece, came with the car. It sits on solid aluminum bushings, and has the Griggs bumpsteer setup as well.

I am indeed running coil overs all around, they are griggs as well, with specific rate 650# springs in front, and 250# springs in back, with Koni yellows all around as well. I got all the Griggs stuff as a package deal, I couldnt pass that up.

For the wheels, I know they are 18x9 front and 18x10 back, but IDK what the backspacing is. I guess I could measure it. The backs are different than the fronts, I do know that.

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Great work bro

Are you running a Stock block still ? Also is that a S Trim ?

Im running the same set up... I would love to see how much power you make. I'm keeping it at around 400 rwhp tell I build a boss 302 short block .. Also what clutch are you running ?

The car is indeed running a V1-Strim, and its noisy.

I am running a stock block now, with forged Eagle rotating assembly, its .030 over and low compression, somewhere around 8.7 or 9:1.

This setup, with the Victor Jr. heads, TFS track heat intake, S trim set up for 12-14psi, and a mystery blower cam made 495hp and 488tq in the car I bought it in. I upgraded the throttle body, made the car a blow thru MAF with a PMAS HPX, and upgraded the injectors to 60#, so im thinking there will be a slight power gain. plus, its got some miles on it now, the last dyno of this engine was on a brand new mota.

The clutch is a Centerforce dual friction, nice light pedal and lots of grip. pretty driveable too.

5point0

Reaction score
is the backspacing stamped on the back of the wheels...

Are you running any spacers in front or rear to clear coilover.

do u have any clearence problems with them

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
The only clearance problems I have are from the car being pretty damn low... the front tires rub the fender liners. The only numbers and letters stamped into the wheels are Halibrand Cobra III, 18x9 and 18x10, and made in USA.

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
So.... apparently if you do a foxbody swap, and set the tune in the Moates up wrong, it will command a 249 millisecond pulsewidth for the injectors, and drench everything with fuel.

But, I fixed it.... wrote a tune with just injectors, MAF, adaptive learning off, and the idle to 975, and it runs like a champ. goes to 9:1 under hard throttle, but runs about 12.8:1 otherwise. Im thouroughly impressed. The stock T4MO computer would have freaked out and stalled a million times. I still have to figure out a fan controller, but my cousin is into electronic circruit design, think ill give him a call.

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
YAY! The car goes WOT!!! Vid to follow.....

I dialed in the timing at about 26*, and the WOT fuel between 10.9:1 and 12:1, which to me is plenty good.... have a few more patches and other trickery to do to the A9P computer to get it to work even better.

Also, the car is running lean at idle because I put the BOV right below the mass air sensor, making the car think it has a massive vacuum leak because of the backflow past the MAF.... whoops. gonna install my intercooler and put the BOV on the blower side of the intercooler and see what that does for things. should stabilize the MAF readings, and allow me to dial in AF even better, as its kinda turbulent right now.

Almost forgot, got the Steeda 5 link in (more like a 4 link with a panhard bar), and its is AMAZING! the car rides slightly better, it keeps its grip thru bumpy corners as much as a solid axle would, and the steering is much more direct and sharp. I can actually steer the car with the throttle now, not just have the rear axle work around side to side under there. suspension bind in the rear is eliminated as well, which probably contributes to much better grip, ride and corner feel.

The difference in forward grip under WOT is quite a bit too, the old suspension would just spin the tires till the top end of 3rd, where now its spinning till the middle of 2nd, but still pulling hard. I think with a new set of tires, the car would only spin in 1st, and just into 2nd a bit. Im running 6 year old BFG KDW2's right now.... lol

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Thanks man... fighting some minor tuning issues since I set up the intercooler, but heres the install pics
2011-11-27171300-1.jpg

2011-11-30161706-1.jpg

2011-11-30161719-1.jpg

2011-11-30195824-1.jpg

2011-11-30195859-1.jpg

and the final install....
2011-12-17105039.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member