My Mustang!!

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
So... got the panhard bar in, the 1/2 of the Steeda 5 link that I really wanted to get done. Had to lose the T/A stud girdle, but thats okay.... its not a drag car. My car is so low that it hits the spare tire well anyways. So, on went the stock diff cover, after a trip to the parts store for some bolts, and other stuff.

The Camshaft synchronizer is still on back order, but I dont need the 96 exploder one anyways.... the 99 exploder 5.0L camshaft position sensor plugs right into the 96GT harness, so I ordered the 99 exploder cam sync. whouda thought? :dontknow:

I have all the sensors covered now, Just need to finish up the rest of the bracket for the crank position sensor, the coil mounts, and something to hold the Foxbody throttle cable in place on the throttle.

I scored an 80mm Accufab t/b from some dood on CL, got it for $60, looks like its hardly been used. It looks like it should flow a bunch more air than the crappy Professional Products that was on the car.... the radius and machine work on it is top notch, not to mention super smooth action. gonna build a bracket that sandwiches between it and the intake to hold the throttle cable on.

Ill post pics later on... my phone died on me from talking to all my hookers....

5point0

Reaction score
If you ever want to sell your rims I will be first in line to buy them from you. hehehe I love those rims alot. To bad they stop making them.

5point0

Reaction score
heheh :crybaby2: okay I understand its cool just keep me in mind if you ever do..

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
So... got the wiring in the engine bay done, looks pretty decent. still have to wire up the 02 sensors and transmission, take the custom bracket back off that I made for the tensioner and weld the coil brackets to it, then modify the Vortech 90* elbow, unless I order up a nice intercooler setup. Its coming down the home stretch!

Scott at P&P performance has been on the phone and emails constantly over the last week to get all the details right. he's gonna hook up a startup tune, and then dyno tune it later on, once I find all the leaks and issues....

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Got a dyno day set for the 15th, possibly.... gotta talk to the tuning guru about it today, when I go to pick up the startup tune. Also, ordered a nice big aluminum radiator for it, hope it keeps it cool. Gotta install the last of the wiring, figure out the timing order and spark plug wires, and finish the interior. almost there!

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
D'oh! cant forget those, thats kind of important!

So.... the MAF flange showed up yesterday, and the radiator should be here tomorrow from American Muscle. those guys rock, btw.... I have no idea when the intercooler will be here.

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Why yes I did, thanks for setting that up, Bossman! That radiator showed up today, thats a pretty substantial piece there! ill post pics in a bit

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
miss2slocoupe said:
wow it has came a long way!!! good job! and keep us updated if you do more mods!!

Ya it has, I remember doing cookies with an ex-GF in the industrial area near Pearl Harbor after watching the second fast and furriest..... it was mostly stock then.
duh09 said:
mikey94gt said:
Must.... Post..... Pics...... Gaaahhhrrght

PIX OR BAN, PIX OR BAN

Here ya go....

The engine bay, mostly done, need to organize the wires, plumb the oil cooler and new radiator, and general cleaning
2011-07-19082859.jpg

Big ass t/b! Got a 80mm Accufab Foxbody throttle body and cable, then made a bracket to hold the throttle cable. works great, clears my tall valve covers with room to spare. Had to port the TFS track heat intake to fit, it had a good 5mm lip all around.

2011-07-19082914.jpg

Panhard bar is IN! Gotta put in the upper control arms that came with the panhard bar, its going to have the Steeda 5 link in it when im done. probably go with some Griggs lower control arms with rod ends. Dont need the spring perches.... wonder why?

2011-07-19085446.jpg

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't you already have a trick rear suspension setup back there?

Anyways, no ban stick for you. Today at least...

OP
OP
M

mikey94gt

Reaction score
No, just had drag race uppers and lowers and Koni coil-overs, 250# springs... suprised I didnt rip out a torque box. its all going away now....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superman3872

Members online