My Ricermobile Civic Budget Build

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
dam that hood sure came out nice! doing some nice stuff to that old civic slow. shit i'd drive it :)

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I made some more progress on the car this weekend.

I picked up some Varrstoen V1's on Friday.

Then sold them on Saturday. Made $200 and didn't do anything but wash them. I was going to try them on the car but I had 4 buyers that were ready to pick them up hours after I posted them for sale, so I jumped on that opportunity.

I washed the car for the first time ever. Tail lights are being switched out for some SI tails.

What the trunk started out as. This was after a few passes of scrubbing it with degreaser.

And after a few more passes. It was crazy how nasty it was.

And with some panels and a mat.

The hood shined, but it had tons of sanding scratches in it from where I had to wetsand so much. I spent about 2 more hours on it and got almost all of the scratches out. It's as good as the hood can look, so I guess I'll keep it.

Then I decided that it just wasn't sitting good enough. So I dropped it on down a little more..

I couldn't even turn the wheel at this height. So, I raised it back up a little.

That's prettyyyy close.

Then I started messing with the engine bay a little bit. There were quick splices everywhere that weren't even serving any purpose. So I popped them all off and taped up some of the naked wires.

There was this stupid looking box covering up the injector wires, so I took it off. I'll tape the wires up the next time I have time to mess with it.

Cruise control is the only thing left that really kills the flow of the bay. I might take it off, but I'm not sure yet.

Some of the useless stuff I took off. Much more to come. I plan to paint some things up the next time I have time to mess with it.

lutter94

Reaction score
why did you put narrow tires on wide wheels? and what is the point of making the rears look like they're going to fall off?

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
A red valve cover would be pretty sweet.

Your car has Vtec right since it's an ex?

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
A red valve cover would be pretty sweet.

Your car has Vtec right since it's an ex?
Yeah I'm thinking either red, gold, or black on the valve cover, not sure what I'm going to do yet.

Yeah it didn't come with the vtec engine, but it was "swapped" to a D16y8 Vtec. Kicks in so hard it smacks you in the face.

But really, Vtec seems to be a joke to me. You notice a very small difference, but it ain't nothing special, that's for sure

lutter94

Reaction score
I'll just put this here.....

33562d1357012937-random-car-related-memes-uploadfromtaptalk1357012936361.jpg

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Lol, with a contact patch like that it should chirp in every gear! Can't imagine the tires in the rear hold very well on curves......

Even with the wheels looking like they're going to fall off, it still handles better than any Mustang I've ever been in.

Caboose302

Reaction score
I'll be honest, the only time I can see doing the "stance" this is with the "camber tires" that give you a full contact patch. I've seen a couple guys run them in autocross for handling purposes.
I remember when I just started getting into mustangs around 2001/2002 and it's funny I never thought I'd see a civic build on a mustang forum, BUT I'm learning tolerance... And your mustang looks sick enough that it over shadows this. Honestly I like the civics if they're done right without the "stance" look.
Good job on the clean build

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I'm thinking either red, gold, or black on the valve cover, not sure what I'm going to do yet.
Yeah it didn't come with the vtec engine, but it was "swapped" to a D16y8 Vtec. Kicks in so hard it smacks you in the face.
But really, Vtec seems to be a joke to me. You notice a very small difference, but it ain't nothing special, that's for sure

Lol, my bestfriend has an 04 civic with a D17 Vtec engine and although it doesn't pull at all when it hits, it absolutely screams. Vtec is quiet something
smiley-laughing001.gif

And a gold valve cover would also be pretty dope. Maybe throw in some metallic flakes.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Hell yeah bud. Keep up the great work. You're just setting me up for success when I buy this ;)

My vote goes to a gold cover.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
love the progress man.. You've done a great job at cleaning that bad-boy up!

and you know where to find me if a jack-wagon comes in here throwing flames because its a honda.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online