My Ricermobile Civic Budget Build

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I didn't post any videos of that? I heard there is supposed to be one with a 1500 turbo ls being built right now.
Oops, I must have started watching the suggested videos after watching all of the ones you posted. Lol.

I'm just not sure if it's worth spending money to make the car faster. I'd probably come out much better selling this one, making a few bucks, and then picking up one with a swap/turbo already done then just fixing the issues with it. I really want an EG hatch or another Integra.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Made some more progress on the bay today.

Took off the header

Gave it a quick shot of paint

Took the valve cover off and painted it too. I'll sand the letters down tomorrow.

Not too nasty looking. It looks like the oil needs to be changed, but pretty clean.

Taped up the injector wires

Tore some more stuff out of the bay. Cruise control might go back in, but I never use it so there's no need for me to put it back on until I go to sell it.

How the bay looks now. I also took a toothbrush and degreaser and scrubbed everything. You can't tell it in the pics, but it looks about 10x cleaner.

More to come tomorrow. Hopefully Santa brought me some more ebay parts too..

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
This thread almost makes me want to buy a honda, almost. (DD purposes of course.)

Anyone else jealous of how wide the civic's hood opens?!? I'm sick of smashing my head.

slow90coupe, have you tried my suggestion about the vtec yet? it really does help.

TanTop94

Reaction score
Youve really made this car something pretty nice, how much would you be looking to get for it?

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Wichers123

Reaction score
Oops, I must have started watching the suggested videos after watching all of the ones you posted. Lol.

I'm just not sure if it's worth spending money to make the car faster. I'd probably come out much better selling this one, making a few bucks, and then picking up one with a swap/turbo already done then just fixing the issues with it. I really want an EG hatch or another Integra.
Well I mean if you can find a greddy kit for about 1000 with everything your good to go. I would advise against buying someone else's screw up unless it's one retarded ass deal. Remember everyone thinks they can build a fast honda many try and fail horribly so just watch out on haggard setups

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Orange 94, it's really awesome how far the hood opens! I like to use a Matco hood prop when working on the Mustang, it gets the hood sitting straight up as well! I haven't tried the Vtec suggestion yet, but I will the next time the racecar comes out of the shop :)

TanTop94, I'm going to probably ask $5,000 for it just to see what I can get, I wouldn't mind trading it for another Civic/Integra and doing the same thing over again. It's very relaxing to work on something like this!

Wichers123 very true, I would try to find one with a very clean shell and a non-hacked up wiring harness. Everything else I can replace no problem, but body work and wiring can turn into nightmares.

Bub

Reaction score
My closet ricer is coming out thanks to this car. I need a civic now

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Santa brought me some stuff today.

$8 carbon fiber shift knob yo

Floor mats and knob put in

The awesome quick splices in the taillight harness. I took all of these out.

Tails installed

Threw the ghetto intake on with a K&N filter I had laying around. I'll hopefully change this setup soon.

Going out for a drive to see if everything was still okay.

And tucked back in and put back on DD ***** duty. I also polished and waxed it quickly today.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Well, this is probably the last update of this build thread. I've realized that I really don't need 4 cars (obviously, lol) so I'll be putting this car up for sale a little quicker than I planned on. It's about to be tax time so I think it will sell pretty quick and net a decent profit. If it doesn't, I'll just keep on daily driving it and saving my nicer cars from the abuse of crappy weather.

I did take it out and get some decent pics of it before I put all of my crap in it and started driving it every day.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
needz sticker:

"you think this honda is cool? you should see my mustang?"

or:
"level one: honda. Level seven: mustang. Nothing in between"

:p

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think it's already sold. I thought I priced it crazy high at $4950, but I've got a very serious buyer coming this weekend.

Just out of curiosity, is that as-is or are you taking anything off?

Sent from bored/stroked iPhone 4S

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
GLWS brotha. I wish I could be picking it up. If the deal doesn't go through let me know.

That dude flaked out, but I've got 2 or 3 others coming this weekend. I'm going to miss the car a little bit. It's great to drive a car that you don't care about and can park it anywhere.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
That dude flaked out, but I've got 2 or 3 others coming this weekend. I'm going to miss the car a little bit. It's great to drive a car that you don't care about and can park it anywhere.

Yeah, I need something that's easier to park and gets better MPG so this would be perfect for a clean beater especially if this new opportunity pans out. My commute will get a lot longer so my truck won't be ideal.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
What does the exhaust sound like? I've had both a '00 coupe and a '01 sedan. The sedan was the slowest thing I have ever driven. The coupe wasn't fast by any means but it was a lot more enjoyable to drive than the sedan.

I have family that isn't far from where you are located.

OP
OP
slow90coupe

slow90coupe

Reaction score
What does the exhaust sound like? I've had both a '00 coupe and a '01 sedan. The sedan was the slowest thing I have ever driven. The coupe wasn't fast by any means but it was a lot more enjoyable to drive than the sedan.

I have family that isn't far from where you are located.

It's a little annoying at times to be honest. It still has the cat on it, but I was planning on welding another resonator in to quiet it down. It's not obnoxious, but I like a dd to be reallyyy quiet, lol. It's not raspy and has a deep tone to it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Staff online