New Project - 2003 Torch Red Mach 1

Sinned83

Reaction score
[MENTION=16753]Cpotts13[/MENTION] I know the mach 1 registry has a full right up on this with parts list but I wanna see his numbers as well with the supporting mods

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score
In response to the questions asked -

How much did it run you to piece together?
I don't have an exact figure, but I did all the labor myself.
I bought the entire eaton swap kit off svtperformance website. I paid $3,500 for it with a Steggy ported blower, Accufab inlet, LFP throttle body, AFCO heat exchanger, METCO pulleys, and all normal parts such as timing cover, brackets, water pump, lines, hoses, alternator, etc.

The coolant cross over mod, does it clear the eaton? MMR website says no, what mods had to be made?
Yes it will. You have to grind the lower intake and the water fitting, but it will fit.

Where did you buy all the parts from?
Eaton swap from SVTP. Other parts from Fastlane Motorsports.

What power are you expecting?
400-450rwhp thru the auto.

What drivetrain mods have you made to handle the extra HP?
None.

SHAKER?! how will you mount it?
Working on it now. Possibly a combo of the factory brackets and some sticks of flat aluminum.
Will post pictures once I finish it.

Overall difficulty of install?
If you can take your time and have a basic set of tools, you should be fine.
However, there is not only physical labor, but also some wiring needed.
If you don't feel comfortable with it all, then take it to a shop you trust.

Hope this helps!
Ryan

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
So not only do you have my favorite Shelby ever made with a TVS on it.. Now you have a steggy swapped Mach 1? SIC! I didn't get a full rundown on all the specs of your build however I'm going to guess you'll make around 450whp with the auto, give or take a few.

The head cooling mod looked pretty cheap.. Glad you upgraded it yourself. You've done all the right stuff with this build, it should turn out great!

And the 3" pipes are badass! I'm the 2.75-4" bender at Corsa, so the mandrel bending portion of it was cool for me to see. Awesome build dude

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
Awesome man. Love the red powder coating with black wrinkle finish. Looks spot on

torch318

Reaction score
Nice work! I think it looks sweet with the scoop off you could just put a piece of plexiglass in there to show off the paint work and blower.

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score
So not only do you have my favorite Shelby ever made with a TVS on it.. Now you have a steggy swapped Mach 1? SIC! I didn't get a full rundown on all the specs of your build however I'm going to guess you'll make around 450whp with the auto, give or take a few.

The head cooling mod looked pretty cheap.. Glad you upgraded it yourself. You've done all the right stuff with this build, it should turn out great!

And the 3" pipes are badass! I'm the 2.75-4" bender at Corsa, so the mandrel bending portion of it was cool for me to see. Awesome build dude

Thanks. Yes the kit as I received it had some really cheap push lock fittings with regular (non pushlock) hose. When I did a "pull" test on it, one fitting popped right out.
I decided to put new fittings on it with stainless braided hose. Not only looks better, but is a correct piece now.
I appreciate the compliments. You have got a cool job working at Corsa!

Awesome man. Love the red powder coating with black wrinkle finish. Looks spot on

Thank you. I went back a forth a few times before I really decided what I wanted.
Now I am town between polish/chroming the coil covers, or having them shiny black powder coated and painting the letters in Torch Red.
Also not sure if the intercooler and overflow tanks will remain silver/polished or get the shiny black powder coating.......... still trying to make up my mind. Thoughts?

Nice work! I think it looks sweet with the scoop off you could just put a piece of plexiglass in there to show off the paint work and blower.
Haha. That would be kinda cool. Like the ZR1 corvette a bit. I plan to get the shaker mounted to the supercharger so it still moves and looks kinda stock when the hood is popped.

Good lord that came out so nice
Thanks dude. I appreciate it!
:D

Not much progress tonight.
We had a snow day, so my kid was outta school and I had to work a few hours at the office.

I did modify my front wheel center caps and put them back on.
My original saleen caps were recessed into the aftermarket front saleen wheels.
I basically modified the aftermarket cap, cut the legs off my original saleen cap, and then super-glued them together.
Now they fit flush in the center and look natural.
Little things like this keep me up at night!

No time to work on the shaker yet but I've got an idea.
Last night I cut the factory front bracket in half. I kept the passenger side piece and used it to mock up the original shaker location.
I bent a piece of aluminum for the driver side front and mocked it up.
Seems to be close. Gotta figure out the rear mount and how I want to try and hide the mount.

Gotta do lots of cutting on the lower shaker section to clear the supercharger snout.
Anyway pics coming soon once I get some more time with it!

Ryan

McCloud

Reaction score
Top notch work as always man! I'm finally starting the turbo portion of my build. Just ordered my hotside kit last week.

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score
Here's the long awaited......how to mount your shaker to an Eaton with pics.

So first thing is to reuse your factory brackets!
Yes true it can be done, but you gotta cut the hell out of the front one!
The back one needs a small cut to eliminate the extra hanging over the throttle body.

I cut the front one apart and could only use the passenger side.
My driver side will not fit with my aftermarket pulley arrangement.
I bent up some flat aluminum from Home Depot as a mock up.
Not sure if I will keep this or not the way it is now.

Gotta clearance the bottom side of the front mount so it does not push on my intercooler hose.

Gotta cut a small corner off the rear bracket to clear the boost dump solenoid.

That's about it.
Some wrinkle black paint once I'm done on the brackets and it will be ready!
I bolted it up tonight and it fit perfectly in the hood opening and was tight!

This is probably the easiest thing I have done on this Eaton swap!
On to the pictures.

IMG_3869_zpsanefhcho.jpg

IMG_3870_zpsjdl6v7sy.jpg

IMG_3873_zpslq4wd2ul.jpg

IMG_3878_zpsruiphgl2.jpg

DavidBoren

Reaction score
Nice work, sir. Looks good.

Is it going to be functional? As in, will it be plumbed into the intake for the blower?

If it's not going to actually be scooping air into the blower, I think I would mount the plexiglass window in the opening and show off the supercharger.

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score
Got the brackets modified and clearanced to allow more adjustment of the shaker.

It's as far back as possible and against the supercharger case.
I'm happy with the final location and fitment.

Also installed my Cobra steering wheel. I had this on a former 2002 Saleen project and kept it when that project sold (put the original wheel back on it).
I like the feel of this Cobra wheel, so it's gonna be staying in the Mach for a while!

Drove the car tonight and got to "get on it" thru 1st gear and 1/2 way thru 2nd.

It's a monster! Traction on the 1-2 shift is no existent.
I can spin those Toyo R888's a long way!
Can't wait to get it final dialed in and see what kind of power and boost this thing makes!

IMG_3896_zpsrh6zwzmp.jpg

IMG_3900_zpsrbrwclfx.jpg

IMG_3895_zpshyoakl5u.jpg

IMG_3909_zpsxqhge5om.jpg

OP
OP
TTSaleen

TTSaleen

Reaction score
Stock wheel removal -

IMG_3905_zpslejfauf1.jpg

IMG_3906_zpsu48d5liy.jpg

Cobra wheel replacement -

IMG_3907_zps9ducg0hl.jpg

IMG_3908_zpsidskibrl.jpg

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
Looks good man! If anyone is used to losing traction I would say it would be you. In your entire ownership of the TT saleen did you ever get traction? lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online