New Trickflow intake!

97gtconv.

Reaction score
i'm not getting it even if it gets 20hp. weighs to much and it will attract more heat. i already have the heavy iron block and i don't need any more weight on the front end.

Daywalker

Reaction score
Quick question. I want to eventually do a PI swap in my 97GT. Is it pointless to go with a Trickflow, Reinhart Racing, or P-51 intake if I have plans for supercharging? I'm hearing that the stock PI intake is the best choice for a N/A set-up. Any truth to this? :help2:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Daywalker said:
Quick question. I want to eventually do a PI swap in my 97GT. Is it pointless to go with a Trickflow, Reinhart Racing, or P-51 intake if I have plans for supercharging? I'm hearing that the stock PI intake is the best choice for a N/A set-up. Any truth to this? :help2:
If you go with a blower then you will actually benefit even more with one of those aftermarket intakes. I've seen guys gain up to 30rwhp by just swapping on a bullit or P51 in place of the stock PI.

The reason the stock PI intake is good is the price. The bullit and P-51 will net you gains NA but the peak hp gains may be under 10hp but the power curve will gain you 15-25 hp in areas you weren't before. The drawback is the price! This is why i like this Trick Flow intake so much. Its a copy of the Bullit but 1/3 the cost so it will be a worth while mod for NA and FI 2V'S

Gtnut1996

Reaction score
I am still waiting on the e-mail from the people making the vri manifold. I have heard that it will be available by next spring. Not really sure if it will or not. I have only seen info of it in the book, and in a magazine.
The reason I say I am not impressed with the tfs manifold is what I was told how it was going to be. Then I heard from another guy from tfs later and he said that it will just barely outperform the bullit. The price I have heard for the tfs is that it should be around $700. The represenative gave me his number and told me to call him soon. I will talk to him pretty quickly and try to get some more information such as price and a possible dyno on it. I know that they tested it with a set of patriot heads and a set of heads from tea. He did not know what stages they were, but is finding out. Tfs is only prommising bullit performace at a little cheaper price.
The pi does perform well for an oem manifold, but everyone around here is tired of problems out of them. People say that the new ones will not crack where the coolant goes in, but they will. I have already had 3 on my car since I had it. When I bought it it had the npi manifold with an aluminum crossover on it. I am not putting them on wrong or anything.

Daywalker

Reaction score
I spoke to a guy from Trick Flow a couple days ago, and all he said was "I don't have any information to give you, all I know is that the earliest it'll be available is next spring." He was very rude, and it made me not wanna buy the damn thing.....

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Daywalker said:
I spoke to a guy from Trick Flow a couple days ago, and all he said was "I don't have any information to give you, all I know is that the earliest it'll be available is next spring." He was very rude, and it made me not wanna buy the damn thing.....

I'm sure they are getting a million calls a day from people asking about this intake since it was in that magazine and they are getting sick of telling people the same thing over and over...I know i have read atleast 50 people post that they have called and haven't learned anything new...they all say that it will be finished and ready by spring 07....so why do people keep calling? Wouldn't you get annoyed too after awhile? Its kinda like noobs asking about CAI's everyday all day when the info is already out.

Daywalker

Reaction score
Well excuse me for not knowing everything that you know, but that's still no excuse to be rude to a potential customer. If the guy was that sick of answering customer questions, he shouldn't have answered the phone. If I owned a business, I'd be happy that so many people were interested in my product(s). If it was the other way around, and NOBODY wanted anything from them, he'd be beggin for calls.........

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
easy junior....the info has been posted here and every other mustang forum which i'm sure you frequent atleast one more. plus the major mags..The people answering the phones are not the owners they are just joe blow phone reps that probably make $8-10 and could give 2 shits who calls and who doesn't.

jpajkos

Reaction score
+1 droptop. If you want more information you need to just sit back like the rest of us. Trickflow is a great company and im sure won't lose any sleep if you decide not to buy there intake. :-\

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
lol, happy thanksgiving Daywalker.

I agree, they should be happy with the interest in their products.
A lot of companies have that problem - their support people are just stupid ass hats.

Sucks to wait.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online