ok now I can't decide

shocar4

Reaction score
I was going to buy an off road x pipe by upr a few weeks back when i stumbled across an o/r h pipe on craigslist for $50...so i pick the h up! going to install it this weekend and now i found a guy here locally that has an o/r x by upr new still in the box for $75....what shall i do?????

StreetPilot

Reaction score
Depends on the catback you're going to use them with. H-pipes sound good with chambered mufflers like Flows. X-pipes sound good with most others, but using an X with Flowmasters doesn't sound quite right (to me anyway).

To each his own.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
StreetPilot said:
Depends on the catback you're going to use them with. H-pipes sound good with chambered mufflers like Flows. X-pipes sound good with most others, but using an X with Flowmasters doesn't sound quite right (to me anyway).

To each his own.

i had flows on a catted x... sounded great... not as deep as an h, and not as rhaspy as an x with flow-throughs.

anyways, as mentioned above, its entirely up to you. most people base their choice on their cat back. flow-through mufflers tend to be matched up with an x pipe. chambered mufflers tend to be matched up with h pipe.

I personally hate UPR. so if i were you, id stick with the CL unit, but for performance, you wont notice a difference (unless youre at 900 hp or something...) this choice is pretty much 99% preference, price, and availability.

OP
OP
S

shocar4

Reaction score
yeah I am running flowmaster exhaust....man I am installing one of the two tomorrow! just not sure what the crap to do!!!! leaning towards the H, but the x is such a good deal for $75 brand new still in the box!

OP
OP
S

shocar4

Reaction score
btw can i use my old gasket on the pass side or do i need a new one?

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
you could probably re use it... its a pricy one at like $20.00 (ford only part) .... but if you have an exhaust leak after install, just replace it....

Blind

Reaction score
I didn't like the sound of an o/r x-pipe on my 4v, it sounded like something was broken when driving around normally (2-3k).

although at WOT at 7k it sounded great...

stock manifolds, o/r X, dynomax superturbo catback.

o/r H pipe sounded much better on that setup IMO.

98gttorque

Reaction score
I would buy it for $75. then you can listen to both and sell which ever one you dont want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online