On3 or build your own

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Rare ? Now how many did they make that color if it's more then 500 it's not rare

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Caboose way I look at it is this man.. Are you planning on selling the car down the road in which the rarity would be a deciding factor on sale price? If not, I say hell with it, boost the ***** and cut up what ya need to cut up. Granite I drive a silver new edge, which they are by FAR the most common I've seen (except mine is metallic, a lot that I see aren't? Or maybe just dirty as ****?) but it won't stop me from cutting it up to make it go fast haha. I totally get if you don't want to, I'm just giving you my stand point on the matter :)

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
It's all good if he doesn't wanna hack it up by all means don't but you could make it look factory if you have the skills , I'll be ripping my car apart over the next few weeks , getting it ready and I'm planning on cutting my apron in a very good manner .

Caboose302

Reaction score
That's a very good point and I guess that's where I'm split. When I bought the car from my buddy I was just planning on fixing a few things then selling it... But I'm starting to like it... A lot. I have some time to decide and if the new On3 kits work really well I might have to suck it up and do it. The cheap ass side of me usually prevails and the turbos are definitely cheaper than centri's.

1bad9d5

Reaction score
I personally say the hell with it lol... Slap the On3 kit on her, tune for 8-10 pounds and enjoy! Lol its what I did, gonna be at 12 in a couple months though depending on how much power it puts me at, but you won't regret it

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I somewhat understand where your coming from , my cars way past the point of being returned to a 100% stock lol

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think the idea of being able too return it too stock is just a huge limitation with out much payback in the end. I have heard of people keeping all the stock stuff but never heard of them being happy they did so after they sell it all other then the space gained from old parts laying around.

Pitbull_SN95

Reaction score
Here's my opinion. I do a lot of research on anything I buy. I'm getting the Gen 2 2V kit without the turbo, so it's $1900 shipped to my door. I have a 70MM MP turbo that I'm putting on there. I plan on upgrading the BOV/WG later down the road, just becuase a Tial is THE shit. You can just buy their piping with intercooler, I think it's around $1300. However, you then have to buy a BOV($250+)/WG($250+)/Turbo($700+) and all the other little stuff. So $3200 or just buy the on3 kit complete ($2100) and upgrade later if you want.

If you do go the custom route, you're looking at about the same price. I know a few local people that have the gen 2 kit on their car and love it. They did go through small issues but nothing that going to the parts store for a total of $50 didn't fix. I do have a lot of money in my car and I will be buying the gen 2 kit come Jan-Feb.

Just don't forget, your friend will need to upgrade to the UPR K member for the Gen 2 Kit, which is about $700.
Also, with some of the stuff you hear on the web, "On 3 is junk", blah blah. It comes from people with NO TURBO, minor bolt ons or someone that paid $8K for a turbo kit. The people that HAVE installed the Gen 2 kit, say it's the best bang for the buck. Is it cheap? Sort of, but isn't the Hellion kit expensive? My whole point is, haters will hate. Just don't forget to research, research and research.

http://forums.corral.net/forums/svt-dohc/1313404-on3-performance-turbo-kit-install.html
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...rformance-single-turbo-kit-install-begin.html

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Here's my opinion. I do a lot of research on anything I buy. I'm getting the Gen 2 2V kit without the turbo, so it's $1900 shipped to my door. I have a 70MM MP turbo that I'm putting on there. I plan on upgrading the BOV/WG later down the road, just becuase a Tial is THE shit. You can just buy their piping with intercooler, I think it's around $1300. However, you then have to buy a BOV($250+)/WG($250+)/Turbo($700+) and all the other little stuff. So $3200 or just buy the on3 kit complete ($2100) and upgrade later if you want.

If you do go the custom route, you're looking at about the same price. I know a few local people that have the gen 2 kit on their car and love it. They did go through small issues but nothing that going to the parts store for a total of $50 didn't fix. I do have a lot of money in my car and I will be buying the gen 2 kit come Jan-Feb.

Just don't forget, your friend will need to upgrade to the UPR K member for the Gen 2 Kit, which is about $700.
Also, with some of the stuff you hear on the web, "On 3 is junk", blah blah. It comes from people with NO TURBO, minor bolt ons or someone that paid $8K for a turbo kit. The people that HAVE installed the Gen 2 kit, say it's the best bang for the buck. Is it cheap? Sort of, but isn't the Hellion kit expensive? My whole point is, haters will hate. Just don't forget to research, research and research.

http://forums.corral.net/forums/svt-dohc/1313404-on3-performance-turbo-kit-install.html
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...rformance-single-turbo-kit-install-begin.html

Most honest opinion here I think. Thanks Justin really put it into perspective. Yeah I showed him the thread and he really seems to be liking the on3. Like ya said best bang for your buck and upgrading down the road is easy to do.

They sell a kit with the pipe for that bullitt manifold you sold me? I hear that thing LOVES boost :D

Sent from my SCH-I605

Pitbull_SN95

Reaction score
Most honest opinion here I think. Thanks Justin really put it into perspective. Yeah I showed him the thread and he really seems to be liking the on3. Like ya said best bang for your buck and upgrading down the road is easy to do.

They sell a kit with the pipe for that bullitt manifold you sold me? I hear that thing LOVES boost :D

Sent from my SCH-I605

Haha, Thanks. I don't think they offer a kit especially for the bullitt manifold. The bullitt, P51 and 99-01 Cobra intakes LOVE boost! It's cheaper and easier to buy the ON3 kit, and upgrade the BOV/WG later. The on3 BOV/WG works just fine, but if you have an extra $250-300, mine as well upgrade to a Tial. Back to your intake, You would have to call them to see if they would work with you to do a "test fit" because they don't offer a bullitt specific kit. You could always just buy the kit for 2V GT, and bring it to a shop to have it modified for about $130-200.

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Haha, Thanks. I don't think they offer a kit especially for the bullitt manifold. The bullitt, P51 and 99-01 Cobra intakes LOVE boost! It's cheaper and easier to buy the ON3 kit, and upgrade the BOV/WG later. The on3 BOV/WG works just fine, but if you have an extra $250-300, mine as well upgrade to a Tial. Back to your intake, You would have to call them to see if they would work with you to do a "test fit" because they don't offer a bullitt specific kit. You could always just buy the kit for 2V GT, and bring it to a shop to have it modified for about $130-200.

I was definitely planning on putting a tial on should I decide to go on3. Then later down the road when the motor gets built (should I decide 400rwhp just isn't enough) I'll throw on a turbonetics or get real fancy and throw on a Garrett lol. But no in all seriousness... for the money you really can't beat the on3 anymore. Especially considering you can upgrade it and still pay less than a hellion if you shop around a bit.

And geeeewd I definitely need to throw some boost at my ***** then lol. The top end alone made the manifold 100% worth it. Adding some boost to it will fully engage freight train mode lol

Sent from my SCH-I605

Pitbull_SN95

Reaction score
I was definitely planning on putting a tial on should I decide to go on3. Then later down the road when the motor gets built (should I decide 400rwhp just isn't enough) I'll throw on a turbonetics or get real fancy and throw on a Garrett lol. But no in all seriousness... for the money you really can't beat the on3 anymore. Especially considering you can upgrade it and still pay less than a hellion if you shop around a bit.

And geeeewd I definitely need to throw some boost at my ***** then lol. The top end alone made the manifold 100% worth it. Adding some boost to it will fully engage freight train mode lol

Sent from my SCH-I605

Well, you really don't need a turbonetics or garret turbo. The turbo I have (Master Power 70mm with .96 AR exhaust ) is built with Garret parts from MP. BorgWarner($700 average) is the turbo to go with now days. My friend was putting 20lbs+ on a BW putting out over 1000hp on his supra. I don't see why anyone would go with a Hellion kit when you can build a custom one with a great BOV/WG and a turbo for a lot cheaper.

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Well, you really don't need a turbonetics or garret turbo. The turbo I have (Master Power 70mm with .96 AR exhaust ) is built with Garret parts from MP. BorgWarner($700 average) is the turbo to go with now days. My friend was putting 20lbs+ on a BW putting out over 1000hp on his supra. I don't see why anyone would go with a Hellion kit when you can build a custom one with a great BOV/WG and a turbo for a lot cheaper.

My thoughts exactly man. The Hellion is so much more. Maybe because the quality is better and it's more proven but still that's a hella lot more money. Before all is said and done your looking at what $7k lol? That's more than most of us bought our cars for. Then again... Most of us are already well above purchase price is parts haha

Sent from my SCH-I605

Turbo2vGT

Reaction score
Joey, who is this for? I can try to get him some player prices on turbo parts, and fabrication.

P.S, sorry I'm late to the party lol

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Hotside Pipe $200ish, $20flange $100 tial knockoff 38mm wastegate, $150 intercooler kit, $100 tial knockoff 50mm blow off valve, $299vmp blow thru maf, $300 60# injectors,$65 285 fuel pump, $350 on3performance 70mm turbo.

$1600ish and a days work will get you this.

5u9aja9e.jpg
u6u7ygyb.jpg

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Hands down I thing the CG hotside is the best way to go. But not everyone has the cash for a quality hot side...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online