One turn signal faster than the other

Ahgrafx

Reaction score
Any of you guys experienced one turn signal going a lot faster than the other? Is it a relay?

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

PinkieT

Reaction score
First thing to check is if the bulbs are OK. If a front or rear bulb on one side is blown, the other on that side will blink faster.

OP
OP
A

Ahgrafx

Reaction score
First thing to check is if the bulbs are OK. If a front or rear bulb on one side is blown, the other on that side will blink faster.
Good to know I will check it out.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
so all the lights are turning on/off, one side is just slower... The flashing needs to see the resistance of the bulbs to flash and if it has changed because of a bad connection it might change its speed. Disconnect the bulbs at the harness and inspect/clean the connections if needed.

OP
OP
A

Ahgrafx

Reaction score
so all the lights are turning on/off, one side is just slower... The flashing needs to see the resistance of the bulbs to flash and if it has changed because of a bad connection it might change its speed. Disconnect the bulbs at the harness and inspect/clean the connections if needed.
Ok will do

lutter94

Reaction score
Bulbs aren't too spendy, i'd just replace the ones in the front, test it, then replace the ones in the rear, they don't all last forever

Adfalenski

Reaction score
If you have a LED bulb somewhere, it will throw off the speed on whichever side it is installed. It is best to use either all incandescent or all led bulbs on both sides. If you use all led bulbs you must use either load resistors or a led capable flasher unit. I recommend the led flasher unit because it uses a digital timer and relay in the module instead of lamp system resistance. The solid state flasher module will last a lifetime.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Ahgrafx

Reaction score
If you have a LED bulb somewhere, it will throw off the speed on whichever side it is installed. It is best to use either all incandescent or all led bulbs on both sides. If you use led bulbs you can use either load resistors or a led capable flasher unit. I recommend the led flasher unit because it uses a digital timer and relay in the module instead of lamp system resistance. The solid state flasher module will last a lifetime.
No leds

Adfalenski

Reaction score
In addition to my other post which is titled “LEDs” and goes more in-depth, I am currently running all leds and the solid state flasher on my car. The nice thing about leds is the way you can customize your lighting. My front running lights/turn signals are dual color leds. The running lights are white but flash amber. If you are going leds for taillights, it is recommended but not always possible to run RED leds. As for interior lights, my instrument cluster has all leds EXCEPT for the high beam, the led was just too bright. When you get white leds, remember that there are different colors of white. 6000k white is ice white whereas 4000k is incandescent white. The higher the number, the closer to purple will be the color. The lower the number, the closer to red will be the color.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Reaction score
Could still be a bulb. My passenger blinker in my truck would act up. Then about the time I'd go to look at it, it would brink fine. The rear bulb finally blew out so I changed it.

OP
OP
A

Ahgrafx

Reaction score
Could still be a bulb. My passenger blinker in my truck would act up. Then about the time I'd go to look at it, it would brink fine. The rear bulb finally blew out so I changed it.
It was corrected when you put in a new bulb?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you can test the bulb theory with out buying any by simply swapping the sides and see if it changes sides.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online