Opal Gray Leather - dye/polish color?

TrickVert

Reaction score
The driver's seat in my '95 is cracking a bit, and I'd like to find something to even out the tone again before applying saddle soap and conditioner. I've seen the "spray paint" method, but don't want to go there. Does anyone have a recommendation on what to use and what specific color will match? (Gray shoe polish actually looks pretty close.) :)

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
I don’t recommend shoe polish on seats. I have used shoe polish on a leather steering wheel, and don’t remember it ever coming off onto my hands, but I cant guarantee that not happening to sweaty pants. That said, I have been guilty of using lipstick (red leather), and as long as you attempt to wipe it all of it off, the yellow cracks seem to absorb the color. So if you can find a close enough shade of grey shoe polish, and wipe the crap out of it, it might be fine, but know that there may be that risk of it transferring onto clothes. I think that might’ve happened with the lipstick, but again, that was lipstick. That shit gets on straws and cups which is why I don’t wear it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online