Orange 94's "NO PULP" Build Thread

riored4v

Reaction score
Steering wheel was a tough one for me. I did the thumb grips and extra padding. Somehow it ended up with some weird wrinkles in it. Redline wasn't sure why but also said there was really no fixing it. Overall, the result looks good though.

I also wish their arm rest cover fit a bit better. I went with the extra padding for that one as well and I think it would have fit better without it.

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
you have done a beautiful job on this car. really enjoyed this thread and the build.

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Excited to see the wheel finished up. I've been thinking about the same thing except w/ yellow stitching

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Please document the steering wrap very well. I am on the fence about aftermarket or just wrapping mine.

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
No I haven't gotten around to it yet... other car has been taking up my time haha

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Went to rocky mountain drift club yesterday for some photos. Was planning on stopping by for a bit and then doing a bit of a road trip...
There was a bit of time when the track was empty... wanted to do a couple donuts to see how things felt compared to the black car.

This happened.

IMG_4509 by Richard Brown, on Flickr

Apparently the fire ball was larger, but yeah. Engine blew up. It was extinguished quickly so the damage is minimal. Oil everywhere. I haven't been able to see the damage, but there's a large chunk of metal that appears to be from the block. Also some aluminum pieces that I'm guessing are the oil pan or bell housing. I also found what looks like a piston ring. I guess it would have happened eventually, happy it was on a track and could be dealt with easily.
I'm just happy that myself or the car weren't majorly harmed. Well the car is damaged, but could have been a lot worse.
Excited to start a new setup!

NoPulp V2 coming soon!

Yes that's a diesel JDM van towing my car LOL.

IMG_4512 by Richard Brown, on Flickr

Defiant

Reaction score
Oh damn, being it's a track they had officials run over with fire extinguishers right? A buddy of mine had a alternator voltage problem that started a fire, he was alone and had no way to put the fire out. It took a while for the fire truck to come through but by then the whole car was gone. It looks like most of your SN is still there, was it the oil itself that was burning?

Thinks it's time to put a V8 in there?

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
wow, so sorry to hear that!!! glad no damage to you and the damage was pretty much limited to the motor...such a nice car!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah it appears damage is limited to the motor, I'll have to inspect the wiring and everything in that corner of the passenger firewall.
I think it was just the oil burning. Since I found what looks like a piston ring I'm assuming there's a hole in the cylinder, the car was still running before I turned it off so it could have been spraying fuel out as well. Crews quickly put the fire out.
Could have been a lot worse!

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Damage report!

Hole in the bottom of the block and side of the oil pan. All sorts of goodies in there!
The hole was beside the starter - that got cooked but acted as a shield for everything else. I'll have to go through and double check the things I end up reusing, but not seeing anything concerning at this time.

Excited when I can pull the engine out, gonna be some good wall art! :)

2017-06-25_06-58-13 by Richard Brown, on Flickr

Defiant

Reaction score
Nice one haha. So do you have any plans in mind for the next motor?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online