Original Owners?

RICHARD SNIDER

Reaction score
IMG_2903.JPG I was just wondering how many we have in this Forum that purchased their Mustang new? I ordered my Mach 1 in September of 2002 and it was built in February of 2003. Believe me it was a LONG wait. With all the high horsepower rides in the showrooms what is making those of you who bought new hold onto the old horse?

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
That's pretty sweet, unfortunately I'm the 11th owner of mine lol. I believe there are a few guys around here that bought theirs new and hung into them. By the way, welcome to the site!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
2nd owner but still in the fam, mom was #1. I was there the day it was ordered and the first to drive it so I count it.

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
1st. Bought it new for the wife, went through the catalog and ordered what I wanted, when the car came it had paper work that said it was Saleen base car number XX. ??? So I guess this is what you had to order if you wanted to send it off for up grades?
IMG_1448-D.jpg

OP
OP
R

RICHARD SNIDER

Reaction score
Old H2S thats very interesting. I never thought about what Roush, Saleen, etc. needed for a base to start with. No need paying for something that you were just going to take off/out. I have a close friend who built high end performance engines. He once bought a "Body In White". At least that's what he called it. No VIN, no drive line. Strictly meant to be a race car. At the time I didn't know that was even a thing.

OP
OP
R

RICHARD SNIDER

Reaction score
Sorry... got sidetracked. I look at all the tech in the new Mustangs for example. You can make them crazy fast. But sheesh look at the $$ you have invested. I did a lot of drag racing for the first few years I owned the Mach 1. With the stealth mods I did she runs 12.8's as long as the temps are below 100f. She is pleanty fast enough for fun, and for $40k more I could have a newer Mustang that would turn high 11's with some mods. That's not much return on investment in my eyes. Besided I'm starting to enjoy the nastalga of her Old School persona. LOL

OP
OP
R

RICHARD SNIDER

Reaction score
Wow that $$ seems VERY low. I don't know the condition but for insurance reasons we have checked the value of the Mach and it has finally started to climb. It's up around $13k+ now.

01yellercobra

Reaction score
That's pretty sweet, unfortunately I'm the 11th owner of mine lol. I believe there are a few guys around here that bought theirs new and hung into them. By the way, welcome to the site!

Makes me feel better about mine. I'm the 5th owner. Ran into the original owner a couple months back and he actually kept track of the car until I got it. It was kinda creepy/cool.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Makes me feel better about mine. I'm the 5th owner. Ran into the original owner a couple months back and he actually kept track of the car until I got it. It was kinda creepy/cool.

Yeah mines been tossed around a bit. 5 owners doesn't seem too bad but that is a little creepy/cool that the original owner kept track of it. Sounds like he never wanted to get rid of it in he first place, did they try to buy it back?

01yellercobra

Reaction score
Yeah mines been tossed around a bit. 5 owners doesn't seem too bad but that is a little creepy/cool that the original owner kept track of it. Sounds like he never wanted to get rid of it in he first place, did they try to buy it back?

He sold it to buy his first house. He was able to piece a couple things together for me that I was wondering. We talked about him buying it back and I told him even though I wasn't selling it I would sell it to him. He was texting his wife and she asked how much I wanted. But I think in the end he decided it's better for it to stay with me. He was really surprised at how good of shape it's in. I told him it took some work to get there though.

wblynch

Reaction score
I still have my v6 Mustang convertible bought new in 1997. Probably will be selling it soon though to cut down on insurance costs. Put a 2001 split-port motor in it in 2007 when it blew a head gasket. Put a new top on it two years ago. Needs new paint though and not sure if I will invest in that.

Wood's 5.0

Reaction score
Augusta, 2018_2.jpg Foothills Parkway.jpg St. Augustine.jpg Yes, I am the original owner. Purchased October 25th, 1995. Would have loved to order exact color, trim, etc. combination preferences but by the time I was able to afford the purchase, the '96 MY's were out and I wanted what, at the time, was to be the last 5.0. It worked out OK. He's been a good one. :)Augusta, 2018_2.jpg Foothills Parkway.jpg St. Augustine.jpg

98snakehorse

Reaction score
I purchased mine from the original owners son. Unfortunately the dad decided to give it to his son for his high school car so I new it had the absolute tar beat out of it and it showed when I bought the thing. Pretty much why I completely gutted it and started over lol.

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
I am not the original owner, but there are days when I feel like I am. My car started its life in 1994 as a rental, not even a full year after that, it went to auction and found itself at a dealer in North Dallas. It is here that a woman purchased the car, and kept it for 3 years. In the fall of 1998, she no longer needed it, as her company was giving her a car, and decided to sell it to me, even though she still loved it.

So for the past TWENTY year, it’s been mine. I’ve had it since I was 16. Was in the homecoming parade, autocrossed it, won car shows, got married in it, took it on our honeymoon. Have driven it from TX to CA and TX to FL. To the hospital when I was pregnant. ...so many life milestones. At only 192k miles, it’s still “Low mileage.” Paint is showing its age though. Despite this, my daughter still loves it and will request we take it instead of a Jaguar or Tesla. All the kids at her school think it’s cool too. Then again, all they know is boring SUVs and minivans.

46772e54-6fc2-450e-9123-1ad3c60a7e6c-jpeg.499

Attachments

• 46772E54-6FC2-450E-9123-1AD3C60A7E6C.jpeg
    46772E54-6FC2-450E-9123-1AD3C60A7E6C.jpeg
    52.2 KB · Views: 55

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online