Poisoned Pony's 2004 Mach 1 (The Resurrection)

OP
OP
Poisoned Pony

Poisoned Pony

Reaction score
UPDATE:

the whole damn reason I've been in this mess has been that wonderful SVE radiator. I'm currently on #3 as of this writing. Well, that one started leaking as well. Called Late Model, the SVE's are out of stock til June because they changed the design on it. It was too rigid and wasn't allowing for flex. Thankfully, they stepped to the plate and sent me this:

a shiny new Fluidyne radiator at no addition cost. Thanks LRS for stepping up after the hell I've been through. She arrived safe and sound while I was in Georgia over the weekend.

Sinned83

Reaction score
Congrats on getting the car fired up. Sorry to hear about the home life

TTSaleen

Reaction score
UPDATE:

the whole damn reason I've been in this mess has been that wonderful SVE radiator. I'm currently on #3 as of this writing. Well, that one started leaking as well. Called Late Model, the SVE's are out of stock til June because they changed the design on it. It was too rigid and wasn't allowing for flex. Thankfully, they stepped to the plate and sent me this:

a shiny new Fluidyne radiator at no addition cost. Thanks LRS for stepping up after the hell I've been through. She arrived safe and sound while I was in Georgia over the weekend.

Good deal!
I ran that exact radiator in my old TTSaleen and it was flawless.

Ryan

OP
OP
Poisoned Pony

Poisoned Pony

Reaction score
well, it's been a minute but I figure I better update this build thread.

Well, 1st things 1st, the Fluidyne is installed and keeping the Mach nice and cool. Big props to Late Model Restoration for stepping to the plate on this. After 4 months, I can proudly say the Mach is coolant leak free. Onto to the bad news, me and the Mach are no longer residents of Florida. We now lay our head in the state of Georgia as me and the wife have called it quits. It is what it is, her choice, whatever. Cars are more loyal than *****es. Mach mods are been on a stand still. Just some new rubber and a set of new headlights to see at night a little better in the Georgia hills. But I got some plans coming soon, trust me ;) Now how about some pics?

Last Orlando pic

Georgia driveway pic

Decided to make a trip to PA, hang with a new Mach buddy and her clean Zinc Yellow Mach and hit the American Muscle show

sitting at a Virginia rest stop

and got a photoshoot done after the AM show ended

OP
OP
Poisoned Pony

Poisoned Pony

Reaction score
Update this :whip2:

I guess I should, huh?

Let's see, last post was August and to be honest, I haven't done jack shit to the car other than maintenance. I just relocated to North Carolina, still hashing out the job situation and then I can get the ball rolling on a few maintenance items being a 3650 rebuild and a rear end rebuild.

But I has pics!!!

Cleaned it for Caffeine & Octane in September....

only to get a hole in my driver side header courtesy of road debris

fixed that, replaced the rear shocks with some NIB Koni's from a co-worker

then I got tired of looking at the clearcoat failure on the rims so I did a temporary thing

I decided this looked good

Pre-move to NC maintenance

Hello NC

neverenuff

Reaction score
UPDATE:

Just saw your post, I have the same problem with my SVE radiator, it leaks very slowly and I have to add a few quarts once a week. Nice score on that Fluidyne!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
Still no centercaps...lol

When i get coilovers i'm getting the rear to sit just like that.

OP
OP
Poisoned Pony

Poisoned Pony

Reaction score
well, time for an update.

So I has a pretty cool job now. No more dealership BS. Work at a local speed shop that specializes in late model Mustangs and GM stuff. Owner has a GT500 racing in NMRA that will be converted to the Grudge/No Prep scene next season.

T-top coupe with 306, S-trim, C-4 and other goodies. Upgrading the heads and fixing other issues for him

14k mile 10th Anniversary coupe with Fore fuel system and KB blower. Did a set of LTs and catted X pipe for him

Boss is working on this project, Blazer Extreme with a 427ci LSX swap and a pair of Precision 62's

caught up on the Mach's maintenance over the weekend. Replaced a shot pinion bearing and seal, resealed the diff cover, slapped in a fresh fuel filter, replaced a shredded serp belt and a fresh Amsoil oil change.

shaker was showing it's age so I repainted it

headlights look like Hell, POS eBay ones

saved this from the recycle pile at work. Shortblock from a 2003 Mach 1 that has a bad rod bearing. Maybe it's time for a proper N/A build....

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Congrats on the new job, that would be awesome to see high performance builds every day (except for the fact that it would make me want to spend more money). I'm glad to see the car is still in great shape and the build is moving along.... Any future plans for it?

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
T-top coupe with 306, S-trim, C-4 and other goodies. Upgrading the heads and fixing other issues for him

14k mile 10th Anniversary coupe with Fore fuel system and KB blower. Did a set of LTs and catted X pipe for him

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online