Probably a Dumb Question But.......

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Two, in the H or X pipe. Also only two O2 sensors, NOT 4.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I stand corrected on the number of cats, my mistake. I thought they only had 2 stock, and the 96's and up got 4. Sorry about that! :(

OP
OP
Quarter Horse

Quarter Horse

Reaction score
the stock H pipe has 2 pre cats and 2 cats, all the highflow pipes just have 2 cats.

ok, Cool..... Thank you. :thumbsup: Thought I was Trippin when I was under the Car and looked up and Saw (4)!?!? Do you most of you keep all (4) or ???

I stand corrected on the number of cats, my mistake. I thought they only had 2 stock, and the 96's and up got 4. Sorry about that! :(

No Problem at all Brother..... Appreciate you Posting, Thanks. :wink:

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Unless someone keeps the stock exhaust, all 4 are generally replaced by 2 if you live somewhere where you have to pass inspection, or replaced with none if you live somewhere else. Exhaust changes are a very popular mod, I would say very few folks have 4 cats. The vast majority are in either the 2 (due to an aftermarket mid-pipe) or 0 (an "off-road" mid-pipe with no cats) camp. Personally, I have no cats, but I also live in Florida where there are no inspections.

OP
OP
Quarter Horse

Quarter Horse

Reaction score
Unless someone keeps the stock exhaust, all 4 are generally replaced by 2 if you live somewhere where you have to pass inspection, or replaced with none if you live somewhere else. Exhaust changes are a very popular mod, I would say very few folks have 4 cats. The vast majority are in either the 2 (due to an aftermarket mid-pipe) or 0 (an "off-road" mid-pipe with no cats) camp. Personally, I have no cats, but I also live in Florida where there are no inspections.

Thanks, Now by "Inspections" you do mean Smog Checks.... Correct? Reason I want to clarify this is because I do live in California (Ya..... I Know!! :( ) So I wonder how smart these Smog Techs are in knowing all the Stock Requirements?
Like for example, Lets say I went to a Aftermarket Hi-Flow 2 Cat System but still ran it all the way out the back...... Do you think they would ding/fail Me? I know that's probably a hard question for one or a couple of people to make, Just looking to hear opinions.

BTW, I haven't looked yet, But are the (2) 02 Sensors at the Pre-Cats or the back ones? I plan on swapping mine out tomorrow. Thanks for the Help & Advise :smiley:

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
In Cali you're pretty much boned, they are so strict I'm not even sure they sell an aftermarket pipe that will work out there. CARB EO is a must. Seems like most people do remove the cats for an offroad midpipe including myself but I recently put a highflow X pipe on and ive been enjoying it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online