Project intervention (the 2v's 1/4 slip)

OP
OP
Orgawesome_98coyote
Reaction score
Woa there. You started with a badass Coyote build, now were at body kits and asthetics?!?!?When does te real build start? :D
Aahhh its coming my friend. Right now im DDing this this like it is and just trying to fix and work out all the terrible paint and body work. Its a 50 footer you might say. Eventually getting what i need for the coyote and IRS. It was too easy to leave that thing skyjacking lol. Stay tuned though, this thing is destined for a coyote swap.

OP
OP
Orgawesome_98coyote
Reaction score
feeling good this morning, woke up and decided to go pick up a output shaft sensor to see if it would take care of the O/D off light and help with the crazy shifting. Then went to the local hardware store to pick up a 1/2" copper cap for the IAC restrictor (which works beautifully I might add). Took longer to locate my drill bits than it did to drill it and install it in the car. But the big news is as I was under the car about to replace the output sensor i noticed both wires from the plug were naked and twisted together. So after a quick repair to see if that would change anything I took it down the road and it shifts perfect and the O/D light is off... So with $20 bucks back in my pocket and the doing great Im pretty stoked. Oh and on a side note, I ordered a couple of magnaflow drag packs last night. Should be in next week hopefully before christmas. these crusty hulled out flowmasters have got to go.

OP
OP
Orgawesome_98coyote
Reaction score
So i cut the ratty flowmasters out and put some new magnapacks on it. Replaced plugs that literally looked like the ones that came in it from 98 and put a new set of headlights and a cobra bumper from late model on it. We are making some progress.

OP
OP
Orgawesome_98coyote
Reaction score
Hahaha! Yeah man the camera is deceiving. This car was that darker red color originally and someone (with lesser experience) decided to paint it this red. When I paint it I will likely change colors all together. But not sure as of right now what color that will be.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
283d31d1704de615e5cd0463fc1e2f09.jpg

ecb4e3a34ac34de897ec8bea9128cdff.jpg

410734c3be00de21f094cd4bd447b8c6.jpg

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS SH!T?!?!?

OP
OP
Orgawesome_98coyote
Reaction score
Ive mostly been fixing odds and ends on it to make it feel like a good car again. Deivers window, window regulator, fog light switch, new shocks in the back, more exhaust work. Im hoping to find a pi setup for it to just play around with this year at the track. No luck yet on that though.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Ive mostly been fixing odds and ends on it to make it feel like a good car again. Deivers window, window regulator, fog light switch, new shocks in the back, more exhaust work. Im hoping to find a pi setup for it to just play around with this year at the track. No luck yet on that though.

Don't jump on that PI bandwagon just yet. Take the car at what it is and embrace the NPI.

On the other note, I think you should just go ahead and get those NPI paperweights off there and send them down to me :thumbsup:

Car looks great though, and I think you should go ahead and get that IRS put in.

OP
OP
Orgawesome_98coyote
Reaction score
Don't jump on that PI bandwagon just yet. Take the car at what it is and embrace the NPI.

On the other note, I think you should just go ahead and get those NPI paperweights off there and send them down to me :thumbsup:

Car looks great though, and I think you should go ahead and get that IRS put in.
Hey! Hey! Enlighten me good sir! What are my options on the npi stuff? Thanks for the love!

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Hey! Hey! Enlighten me good sir! What are my options on the npi stuff? Thanks for the love!

Im just learning the npi heads myself, but I can tell you this, I am going back to npi heads with mine. I bought a set of pi heads and took a die grinder to them for my build but I don't want to put them on this one anymore. Take a look over in our 2v section, there is some really good, solid info in there.

And I have to add; with npi heads, pi cams and intake, you would be ~10-15 HP less than the full pi swap. Now put in some bullet npi cams and bring it to life

OP
OP
Orgawesome_98coyote
Reaction score
Im just learning the npi heads myself, but I can tell you this, I am going back to npi heads with mine. I bought a set of pi heads and took a die grinder to them for my build but I don't want to put them on this one anymore. Take a look over in our 2v section, there is some really good, solid info in there.

And I have to add; with npi heads, pi cams and intake, you would be ~10-15 HP less than the full pi swap. Now put in some bullet npi cams and bring it to life
Awesome! Ill take that into account for sure. You can get cams and intake for nearly nothing so i won't hessitate next time i come across some. At first i thought i would rather buy a complete setup at one time but knowing this now im not so concerned with it. Any idea how much improvement a set of longtubes will give you over the factory manifolds?

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Awesome! Ill take that into account for sure. You can get cams and intake for nearly nothing so i won't hessitate next time i come across some. At first i thought i would rather buy a complete setup at one time but knowing this now im not so concerned with it. Any idea how much improvement a set of longtubes will give you over the factory manifolds?

I have no idea when it comes to power numbers, but I can say, if you plan to do anything in the future as far as that engine is concerned you should just go ahead and get them out of the way. Also understand that they are a pain in the ass to install with the factory k-member lol.

OP
OP
Orgawesome_98coyote
Reaction score
I have no idea when it comes to power numbers, but I can say, if you plan to do anything in the future as far as that engine is concerned you should just go ahead and get them out of the way. Also understand that they are a pain in the ass to install with the factory k-member lol.
Lol nice to know, i need to go ahead and get the kmember for the coyote.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Members online