Project 'Rona Twin Turbo Convertible Build

Snorky

Reaction score
Fairly consistent clearances. Nice work.

Snorky

Reaction score
Pump gas, turbo. Doesn’t need the compression. Just building a toughass fun little streetcar.
Pump gas and boost is heart breaking. My 9.5:1 is very limiting with my turbo. So straight meth adds a little bit of a buffer.

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
Pump gas, turbo. Doesn’t need the compression. Just building a toughass fun little streetcar.
Gotcha. I would love to see a test done with a lower compression engine and a higher compression and see the results. I feel like the power limit will be similar. If it is similar then the higher compression setup would almost certainly perform better because IATs would be lower, power out of boost would be better, the area under the curve should be better.

Anyway, should be fun no matter what.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Pump gas and boost is heart breaking. My 9.5:1 is very limiting with my turbo. So straight meth adds a little bit of a buffer.
Pump gas and boost isn’t heart breaking at all . I run 9.85-1 on my 4v cobra and 15lbs of boost on pump 94 octane .

Snorky

Reaction score
Pump gas and boost isn’t heart breaking at all . I run 9.85-1 on my 4v cobra and 15lbs of boost on pump 94 octane .
4v heads change that hump a little bit, the factory 2v head design well.. is limited to put it lightly, it has a higher tendency for predet than your 4v head. Seems like an awful lot of tuners in my area dont want to go over 13 lbs on pump with 9.5:1 and pi 2v heads

What kind of power is your cobra putting down?

OP
OP
Five

Five

Reaction score
While I appreciate every reply, everyone seems to think I’m trying to build a 7 second, fire breathing, tire shredding death machine out of a convertible. I’m telling you, it’s going to be a fun street toy that I want to be very driveable and friendly with some nuts compared to stock

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
and then shortly after you will decided you want JUST a little more and turn it up a bit.
and then shortly after you will decided you want JUST a little more and turn it up a bit.
:)

OP
OP
Five

Five

Reaction score
:)
Disagree. To each their own. I’m a 53 year old soon to be retiree that knows exactly what I want. If I want to show everyone how big my dick isn’t, I’ll build a different car

OP
OP
Five

Five

Reaction score
Sometimes, old shit cleans up pretty well

Attachments

• AC0BD9A5-CA79-4DEA-AEAD-474C74F75FF6.jpeg
    AC0BD9A5-CA79-4DEA-AEAD-474C74F75FF6.jpeg
    239.6 KB · Views: 11

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the thing about contact cement is all about how you apply it, too many think you just throw it on and then throw it on... 1rst put a good wet coat on the door and walk away, don't be afraid to let it nearly dry. Now slather it on the vinyl and let it damn near dry till it is tacky to the touch but when you pull your finger off off the cement stays attached to the vinyl, not your finger. If your finger is wet, its too soon she needs to wait. At that point put the two together and use a little heat from a heat gun or hair dryer and the two will bond and stick for a long time.

OP
OP
Five

Five

Reaction score
the thing about contact cement is all about how you apply it, too many think you just throw it on and then throw it on... 1rst put a good wet coat on the door and walk away, don't be afraid to let it nearly dry. Now slather it on the vinyl and let it damn near dry till it is tacky to the touch but when you pull your finger off off the cement stays attached to the vinyl, not your finger. If your finger is wet, its too soon she needs to wait. At that point put the two together and use a little heat from a heat gun or hair dryer and the two will bond and stick for a long time.
Thanks for the advice!!! I’m just getting started and will certainly give that method a go

Idlehands78

Reaction score
Resurrecting an old thread but which ATOTO head unit is that? I've been considering the 10" screen and seeing that it fits, I just wanted to see which model your using. Single DIN or double?

Anyways, great build. A lot of the same mods I want to make to my 94 Vert.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online