Road course SN95 build...

RichV

Reaction score
Bummer about the motor. A sixxer is probably a tough spot. N/A costs a bit to make some power, FI will put you in a different class.

Robbed? That sux. What all did the bastards take? Will insurance cover it?

RichV

Reaction score
Huh, thought it was a autocorrect. Never head that term unless it means on the roof. Silly string?

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Oh wow I thought the same thing like rich. So what's ur plan a 4.2 ? Or another 3.8

LilRoush

Reaction score
build something like that orange V6... except go with a centrifical supercharger so you're banging power at the Higher RPMs :-D

Actually, the roots set up is better for auto x and open track with the V6. They are lacking in the down low grunt to get them up and out of the corners. That M112 set up was specifically designed for open track use to keep up when getting into it coming out of each turn. It's great for short cone courses as well. You have the power in a useable RPM range.

OP
OP
sixstanger00

sixstanger00

Reaction score
Maybe this is just a southern thing...but "rolling" is what the little teenie bopper kiddos do for kicks around Halloween.

They buy up loads of toilet paper, sneak into your yard late at night, and then throw the rolls into trees and across the lawn so that they "unroll," making a mess.

RichV

Reaction score
Maybe this is just a southern thing...but "rolling" is what the little teenie bopper kiddos do for kicks around Halloween.

They buy up loads of toilet paper, sneak into your yard late at night, and then throw the rolls into trees and across the lawn so that they "unroll," making a mess.

Oh. 'Round these parts it's called tee-pee. :)

OP
OP
sixstanger00

sixstanger00

Reaction score
Oh. 'Round these parts it's called tee-pee. :)

Yeah I've heard that too. Are you in Colorado? My fiancee's parents live up there, and we're thinking about moving up there.

No offense to anyone, but I can't bear the 1800s mentality of small town Alabama any longer.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
el oh el at alabama statement.

colorado is a nice place to live. conservative values, with liberal highlights... plus 300 days of sunshine... plus mountains... plus, plus, plus. .. . lol.

OP
OP
sixstanger00

sixstanger00

Reaction score
el oh el at alabama statement.

colorado is a nice place to live. conservative values, with liberal highlights... plus 300 days of sunshine... plus mountains... plus, plus, plus. .. . lol.

Plus like, 3 road courses to pick from, and a very active SCCA autocross and rallycross region :D

I've just about put together a shopping list for my build, but need to ask if anyone knows if there is a difference between an SN95 GT fuel pump and a V6 pump.

The stocker is 155 lph I think, and after the build, I want to upgrade the injectors from 19 lb to 24 lb, and swap the fuel pump to a 255 lph. Can't find any pumps specifically for the V6 though.

As far as high horsepower autocross, not sure how "straight" the courses are where you guys race, but I've NEVER seen a 300hp or greater car come even remotely close to touching the bone stock Miatas, Evos, and Mini Coopers.

At every event I've been to, a stock Mazda with maybe some coilovers has set the best time of the day by a long shot, up against cars like Lotus Elises, Corvette ZR1s, Evo VIIIs, Mini Coopers, Focuses, etc. I'm not saying that big power cars can't autocross, I'm just saying that in that kind of sport, 200 hp is usually more than adequate to propel a car through a tight course. Now road racing? Not so much...

Even SCCA's own handbook admits that handling and driving finesse is tremendously more important than big power in the sport. In the Mississippi region, a Focus SVT with coilovers & intake has one the championship 5 years straight.

Slykin

Reaction score
I'm not really sure how the championship stuff goes, but at the 2 AutoX's i've been at i've gotten near to 50mph in a mostly stock 5.0 mustang. So, in other words, our courses are big enough to use power.
For example:
100_5027.jpg

100_5028.jpg

100_5029.jpg

RichV

Reaction score
Plus like, 3 road courses to pick from, and a very active SCCA autocross and rallycross region :D

That we do. :) Yea, I'm between Denver and Colo Springs. I have 3 large road courses within an hour or so tow. There is a big SCCA, NASA, PCA, and BMWCCA scene out here. As well as drift, rally-x, and plenty of oval tracks. So if you like drivin' hard CO is the place. Smallbore cars typicaly do very well compared to bigbore cars in terms of laptimes. I learned in a E30 BMW and my laps were faster than my CMC Mustang when I first started. But if you get a track with lotsa high speed straights, smallbore gets boring. lol

OP
OP
sixstanger00

sixstanger00

Reaction score
Slykin, DEFINITELY a lot bigger than Birmingham. Becca took a shot overlooking the site back in October:

DSCN0601.jpg

Slykin

Reaction score
Yeahhh... I can see why you keep insisting power is not much of an issue lol.

OP
OP
sixstanger00

sixstanger00

Reaction score
Yeahhh... I can see why you keep insisting power is not much of an issue lol.

There's a site in Columbus, MS where I've heard some of the SCCA regulars say they've gotten up to 70 MPH there, fast enough to use 3rd gear.

Slykin

Reaction score
I neared the top of 2 with 2.73 gears in my vert.. i've never hit 3rd though. That would be fun though haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
95cobra5

Members online