RyanMerrick's 1995 Mustang GT Convertible Build Thread

OP
OP
M

MRRRRCK

Reaction score
Wow, I just noticed none of your first pictures had the top up lol. Very good choice going with the black top vs another tan top.

Thanks. Yeah the saddle color looks great inside, but its hard to keep clean and looking good on the outside. I wanted to match the top fabric to the "Mustang GT" lettering on the back bumper.

OP
OP
M

MRRRRCK

Reaction score
Looks great! I'd swap out that MSD coil though, mine didn't last 10,000 miles.

Good to know, thanks for the heads up. Since I don't drive the Mustang every week I'm not too worried, I'll just use it till it dies.

lutter94

Reaction score
Good to know, thanks for the heads up. Since I don't drive the Mustang every week I'm not too worried, I'll just use it till it dies.

It was prob over the course of a couple of years, it doesn't get a ton of miles anymore. When it died it leaked out all kinds of oil, no more ignition system, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

thelastofthem23004

Reaction score
Your work is meticulous. I can only hope that I can become patient enough to achieve that level of perfection some day. My first mustang is the 94 I currently have. If I took the time that you have taken, mine would be a stunner just as yours is.

OP
OP
M

MRRRRCK

Reaction score
Your work is meticulous. I can only hope that I can become patient enough to achieve that level of perfection some day. My first mustang is the 94 I currently have. If I took the time that you have taken, mine would be a stunner just as yours is.

Thanks! I'm not sure my car deserves that much praise but I appreciate it!

OP
OP
M

MRRRRCK

Reaction score
Finally made the swap over to synthetic. Put in Mobil 1 with a Royal Purple filter, the filter was double the size of the last cheap one I threw on.

20150801_221052439_iOS_zpsvi5adj1d.jpg

OP
OP
M

MRRRRCK

Reaction score
Bought a parts car!!!

I’ve been struggling to decide whether to rebuild the existing automatic transmission on my convertible, or struggle through gathering parts for a T5 swap. After I realized I could buy an entire SN95 for the cost of a transmission rebuild.... it was decided. Now I have all the parts I need, along with a bunch of extras.

I picked up a 1994 GT coupe, also in Laser Red.
5.0L V8
Edelbrock Upper and Lower Intake Manifold
Professional Products Throttle Body
Trick Flow Valve Covers
EGR Delete
Bassani Headers
Bassani Off Road X-Pipe
Mac Mufflers
T5 Transmission
Centerforce Clutch
Steeda adjustable clutch cable
Pro 5.0 Short Throw Shifter
Eibach Lowering Springs
Tokiko Struts
Caster Camber Plates
FR500 Wheels with 10.5” rears

4DDD3541-8EC9-4AE2-852D-08406889E538_zpssiff1ho3.jpeg

E0230C9D-152E-493D-848E-9743977D78FB_zps3fs3zg8h.jpeg

45893BF5-9585-479A-BE6E-923BC84CBADA_zps2jaanewz.jpeg

38E2E758-45A0-460B-BC77-B0D0C6D04073_zpskxxbsmzb.jpeg

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Bought a parts car!!!

I’ve been struggling to decide whether to rebuild the existing automatic transmission on my convertible, or struggle through gathering parts for a T5 swap. After I realized I could buy an entire SN95 for the cost of a transmission rebuild.... it was decided. Now I have all the parts I need, along with a bunch of extras.

I picked up a 1994 GT coupe, also in Laser Red.
5.0L V8
Edelbrock Upper and Lower Intake Manifold
Professional Products Throttle Body
Trick Flow Valve Covers
EGR Delete
Bassani Headers
Bassani Off Road X-Pipe
Mac Mufflers
T5 Transmission
Centerforce Clutch
Steeda adjustable clutch cable
Pro 5.0 Short Throw Shifter
Eibach Lowering Springs
Tokiko Struts
Caster Camber Plates
FR500 Wheels with 10.5†rears

4DDD3541-8EC9-4AE2-852D-08406889E538_zpssiff1ho3.jpeg

E0230C9D-152E-493D-848E-9743977D78FB_zps3fs3zg8h.jpeg

45893BF5-9585-479A-BE6E-923BC84CBADA_zps2jaanewz.jpeg

38E2E758-45A0-460B-BC77-B0D0C6D04073_zpskxxbsmzb.jpeg

Usually a parts car is wrecked or totally trashed. That looks like another nice project car that already has some goodies!!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would recommend a different throttle body. I had a pro products tb and always had a hanging idle problem and know others that had it until they swapped as well.

OP
OP
M

MRRRRCK

Reaction score
Usually a parts car is wrecked or totally trashed. That looks like another nice project car that already has some goodies!!! Lol

That's quite a parts car.

From photos or 20’ away it looks awesome, but to be honest it’s pretty rough. The previous 11 owners were not kind to it. The mods were slapped on, the paint is blotchy, the rims are scratched up and faded, the interior is horrifying, and the cars has clearly been in an accident or two.

However, there’s a lot of great parts I can use. It’s rough to drive, but a lot faster than my convertible (granted a lot of that is the difference between the AODE and the T-5). It will be fun to transfer all the best parts to the convertible.

Not sure what to do with the coupe afterwards. I may hold onto it for a future project......

OP
OP
M

MRRRRCK

Reaction score
I would recommend a different throttle body. I had a pro products tb and always had a hanging idle problem and know others that had it until they swapped as well.

Thanks for the heads up. That will be helpful to remember until I can pick up another.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Let me know if you want any other suspension parts while your doing the swap. I have the full poly bushing set from prothane for your car that I don’t need. All new in box. Plus I have the j&m lower rear control arms.

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Going back in your thread a bit. can you tell me where you bought the convertible top from? It looks great and I need to replace mine.

Thanks!

OP
OP
M

MRRRRCK

Reaction score
Going back in your thread a bit. can you tell me where you bought the convertible top from? It looks great and I need to replace mine.

Thanks!

www.topsonline.com

But that was 10 years ago, I haven’t bought anything from them recently. There are a lot more websites that carry convertible replacement parts for the SN95 now compared to 10 years ago.

americanmuscle.com and lmr.com are two other websites you can find replacement tops.

OP
OP
M

MRRRRCK

Reaction score
Let me know if you want any other suspension parts while your doing the swap. I have the full poly bushing set from prothane for your car that I don’t need. All new in box. Plus I have the j&m lower rear control arms.

Shoot me a PM and let me know how much you want for both. I might be interested.

Al95stang

Reaction score
Nice to meet yall im new here, love yalls car almost exactly like mine but in better shape,i did luck out on some 95 cobra rims.
14444728_1159553987445212_8413742105454821393_o.jpg

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
From photos or 20’ away it looks awesome, but to be honest it’s pretty rough. The previous 11 owners were not kind to it. The mods were slapped on, the paint is blotchy, the rims are scratched up and faded, the interior is horrifying, and the cars has clearly been in an accident or two.

However, there’s a lot of great parts I can use. It’s rough to drive, but a lot faster than my convertible (granted a lot of that is the difference between the AODE and the T-5). It will be fun to transfer all the best parts to the convertible.

Not sure what to do with the coupe afterwards. I may hold onto it for a future project......

Thats pretty much the exact story of my car lol; 11 previous owners and 1 accident (with an animal) on the carfax when I was looking to trade it in. It took a lot to make it presentable, your idea of a parts car causes much less headache. Your convertible looks mint, that'll be nice to be able to pull spare parts whenever you need them for it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online