S/C Belt slip

1990Turbo

Reaction score
Just wondering how to lesson this happening. The belt is fairly new I thightened it one day the next day it was loose again not alot but a little. So I am wondering if the green belts work any better than a regular serpentine belt? As in stickier or less stretch. I have and F1A and the power seems to be falling off at above 5k and psi doesnt go past 10. Im not sure about the pullies but I was told the setup should make closer to 15psi. Any suggestions?

kb1982

Reaction score
Im using a Gates 8 rib MicroV belt with my Vortech V2 with 90 ft lbs of tension on it and dont have any problems. Belts when new will stretch a little also and will need to be retightened. Ive read good things about the green belt but ive never used one.

nightfire

Reaction score
Im using a Gates 8 rib MicroV belt with my Vortech V2 with 90 ft lbs of tension on it and dont have any problems. Belts when new will stretch a little also and will need to be retightened. Ive read good things about the green belt but ive never used one.

Your blower pulley is just too small for a 6-rib system. I have a D1SC with a 3" pulley that should boost 18....but I only get 10. You'll either need an 8-tib conversion or an OD crank pulley with a slightly larger pulley for the same boost.

nightfire

Reaction score
You could try an OD crank and pulley up to get the same boost without slipping. What size pulley are you using?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online