School me on my new 2v!

87hurricane

Reaction score
Width looks good. Is the v6 rear a posi? Stick or auto? 4.10s are a lot for a stick IMO. Sounds like you have some good help, but I'll throw my $.02 in. If you have one cylinder fouling, and the compression is OK, start with valve seals before you go nuts, very common on the older 4.6s. Also, fwiw, its rare, but I have seen a bad intake leak take a cylinder down too, that pi intake might just solve your issue as well.

OP
OP
S

SN90FiveOh

Reaction score
The v6 had a rebuilt 8.8 from a GT in it. So yes its a posi. I fixed the misfiring. And installed the PI intake alread . Now the car still idles at 1500 and when I rev it it hangs up at 2000 and falls to 1500. The TPS is reading correct and there is a brand new IAC on the ca .

OP
OP
S

SN90FiveOh

Reaction score
I haven't gotten on here in a while. My cars been wrecked. Put back together. Spray painted. A lot of different stuff. I'm going to make this my build thread instead of opening a new one. Its funny looking at these posts from only a few months ago and I was so scared of working on a modular and now with tons of help from [MENTION=20210]lwarrior1016[/MENTION] and [MENTION=14727]96blak54[/MENTION] I've had my engine torn down 3 times in the ca . I'll upload a ton of pics at lunch time today.

OP
OP
S

SN90FiveOh

Reaction score
Ok so when we last left off my car was a stock 225hp monster with 4.10 gears. Here are some old pictures

Then I replaced the convertible top because it was falling apart

Then the car was hit and ran while I was in a store.

They broke my steering column, bent my strut and control arm and broke my steering shaft.

I bought this silver fender out of the junk yard after fixing all the mechanical stuff. I had 3 days until cruising the coast. So I spray painted the car.

Switched up wheels a few times because the 18x10s were rubbing too much.

Looks extra sexy when its wet.

Then the big work happened.
[MENTION=20210]lwarrior1016[/MENTION] and I tore the heads off and did a PI headswap, along with bullet racing 271/272 cams.

Then more wheels because the 19s were too big up front. I installed a UPR tubular k member, tubular control arms, and coilover kit. The rims were hitting the coilover springs.

Then... Longtubes

Then the car blew a head gasket and I'm currently fixing it again... To be continued....

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
[video=youtube;_eaAPp2BGkk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eaAPp2BGkk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online