sleepn_sn95's 95 GT - Project DGAF - Update - 5/2/15

OP
OP
sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Thanks man, the 3.73's were great with the auto. They made a huge difference in acceleration and fine on the highway. I went with 3.73's knowing I was either going to do a 5 speed swap or boost so they were a good option

OP
OP
sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Its the street burner and has been sandblasted so its bare metal. I have both the upper and lower

OP
OP
sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Small update

Got a cobra front bumper off craigslist for cheap. Its not oem but fits pretty well. Once it gets warmer out Ill paint it and do the final fit.
IMG_0475_zps7b568f51.jpg

IMG_0479_zps1302126a.jpg

IMG_0481_zpscf9eda87.jpg

Mrstangerbanger

Reaction score
Looks like car is coming along great.. If you dont have to worrie about smog go to the junk yard and get some expolorer GT40:p heads?? I personally would get some used trickflow or AFR but If your going to boost the car later you can make enough power with Gt40 heads and Blower to split the stock block so you will be ok. You will also have more low end Torqe because the Gt40 heads have smaller valves then Trickflow ect so more low end .. Great build cobra bumper is a world of differece for sure .

Also I have a set of ARP head bolts that were used once on my car if your interesed also I have 24lb injecters and when your all done Contact willie at dirty dirty racing and get a moates chip its going to make a huge difference ..

OP
OP
sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score

Thanks!

Looks good man

Thank you!

Looks like car is coming along great.. If you dont have to worrie about smog go to the junk yard and get some expolorer GT40:p heads?? I personally would get some used trickflow or AFR but If your going to boost the car later you can make enough power with Gt40 heads and Blower to split the stock block so you will be ok. You will also have more low end Torqe because the Gt40 heads have smaller valves then Trickflow ect so more low end .. Great build cobra bumper is a world of differece for sure .

Also I have a set of ARP head bolts that were used once on my car if your interesed also I have 24lb injecters and when your all done Contact willie at dirty dirty racing and get a moates chip its going to make a huge difference ..

Yeah since I'm on a budget I need to stick to explorer heads. Gt40p's are definantly easier to find around here so those are always an option, it just depends if I can find a good deal on some gt40p headers. I just ordered some ARP bolts but if I need the injectors I'll hit you up. Im hoping I'll be ok with 19's with this setup for a while.

Nice thats gonna look really good. Any plans on a Cobra R hood or stayin stock?

Thanks man. I havent decided what to do with the hood yet. If I decide to go with something new it will probably just be a small cobra R or single rise

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
yea those cobbra bumpers look a lot better than our gt ones.

97GT03SVT

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum but I have to say I am impressed and inspired by your car. I have a 1997 GT that I'm starting to get bored with having owned in for over a decade. I'm thinking maybe I should make some of these updates. How did you prep the cowl for new paint? Mine is super faded but perfect otherwise, also I love the look of the screen in the dash. I wonder if I can muster your skill to give my car some new life. What is required to put in a Cobra bumper cover, is the bumper actually different under the cover?

Awesome ride I love it!

OP
OP
sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Finally home for spring break so I broke the car out of storage and starting to do some work. Currently in the process of painting the bumper so it should be done and finished up in the next day or two
IMG_6689_zps6a5e9d4b.jpg

IMG_0534_zpsb2e9a6d2.jpg

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
should look good.......have you ever thought about grabbing a set of white cobra r's? i think it'd look really nice

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ok so i guess it wasn't just me..i thought your old sig had white r's but when you switched to this sig i thought it was just the lighting before.......why didn't you keep them? i think it looks great..very hard to pull off white wheels

OP
OP
sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
They were just plastidipped for a while. I got tired of trying to keep them clean so I pulled it off before I put it up for winter. I would really like to go to so 18" white saleens eventually

Hey [MENTION=17027]whiplash473[/MENTION] I know youre a pro at painting so Ive got a question. I layed the clear on a little to thick and it got some runs along the sides, can runs be wet sanded out?