sluggish take off 94 GT auto

07GtS197

Reaction score
There could be a lot of things at play so here it goes.

Did you just rebuild the motor or the trans? How old if the trans fluid? Whats the level? Does it rev up but not move? Are there any codes? Is the motor running fine?

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
There could be a lot of things at play so here it goes.

Did you just rebuild the motor or the trans? How old if the trans fluid? Whats the level? Does it rev up but not move? Are there any codes? Is the motor running fine?

Just the transmission the fluid maybe has 1,000 miles still clean and doesn't spell burnt, it revs and moves just doesn't have the acceleration I can floor it and it won't squeal tires or anything. Getting codes 311 AIR system inoperative during KOER(Bank number 1 with dual heated oxygen sensors) and 314 which is Bank 2 I replaced the egr valve the tube to the manifold and position sensor but the tube from the smog to the exhaust isn't connected to the exhaust. Motor seems to run good done full tune up an and new distributor

07GtS197

Reaction score
Youre going to want to check the clutches via the pressure ports on the passenger side of the trans. It sounds to me like a trans issue. What all was replaced in the trans?

07GtS197

Reaction score
Are u sure its not starting in 2nd? How does it shift? Does it shift through all the gears?

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
Are u sure its not starting in 2nd? How does it shift? Does it shift through all the gears?

I don't think it is I can drop it down in first manually and still the same. Seems to shift ok normal driving but revs way up n so does speed before it changes gear. I can get down on it between 20-40 and it'll sway down chirp tires and take off I've had it too over 90 while passing someone and it down shifts good but cab feel it down shift every once in awhile. Had an issue a couple months ago where a couple of the valve body bolts were a little lose haven't had that issue since tightening them down again.

lutter94

Reaction score
Auto with 3.27's isn't supposed going to be scary, you rebuilt it, is it all stock still?

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
Auto with 3.27's isn't supposed going to be scary, you rebuilt it, is it all stock still?

Yea I rebuilt it myself last year around August everything stock in the transmission except the reverse drum which came out of an 4r70w transmission. Everything else is stock except magnaflows and k&n filter which were already on the car when I bought it.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Do you mean itll drop out of overdrive while cruising? If so most likely the mlps is faulty. The shift solenoids could be messed up too. Will the car roll with the car in gear and your foot off the brake?

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
Do you mean itll drop out of overdrive while cruising? If so most likely the mlps is faulty. The shift solenoids could be messed up too. Will the car roll with the car in gear and your foot off the brake?

No I was saying when I put the transmission in 1st instead of drive it still doesn't have much take off power. It moves pretty good just feels sluggish and won't spin tires even flooring it from a stop unless it idles a couple seconds. And yes it moves when I let off the brakes to around 10-20

07GtS197

Reaction score
In that case youre going to want to check the clutches via the pressure ports like I said earlier.

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
Here's pictures of the fluid when I changed it in November also it only idles around 300-400 in drive don't know if that means anything in this situation

33902425182_3f589fc12d_z.jpg
[/URL]20161111_130005 by mustangnick73, on Flickr[/IMG]

33929914251_19e51dc893_k.jpg
[/URL]20161111_125944 by mustangnick73, on Flickr[/IMG]

07GtS197

Reaction score
Thats pretty low, it should be more like 500rpms in drive. Have you checked the brakes yet? Did you mess with any of the electronics around the trans when you pulled it?

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
Thats pretty low, it should be more like 500rpms in drive. Have you checked the brakes yet? Did you mess with any of the electronics around the trans when you pulled it?

I replaced all the sensors and solenoids while I had it out got most of them from cobra transmission.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Did you remove or replace the mlps/neutral safety switch?

And what year cobra did you get parts from and what parts did you use from it?

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
Did you remove or replace the mlps/neutral safety switch?

And what year cobra did you get parts from and what parts did you use from it?

Yes I replaced all the sensors and solenoids I bought almost everything from a company named cobra transmission not from a cobra. I bought the mlps from advance I've replaced it 3 times thinking it may be my issue but hasn't helped.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online