So guess what guys

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
03/04 I know had not to sure on other years tho. It's a super common swap and a good one the extra weight savings help out alot on a lower powered car. I'm not sure if long tubes are legal in ur state but if you could find a used set for cheap that would be the best time to do it.

Walking Tall

Reaction score
Find a buddy and do it! Especially if you are just doing a swap that bolts in. You'll learn a lot by getting in there yourself. I'm excited for when I can start on my motor.

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
Find a buddy and do it! Especially if you are just doing a swap that bolts in. You'll learn a lot by getting in there yourself. I'm excited for when I can start on my motor.

I got a buddy in Oklahoma who said he would do it for $500,
Also got a buddy who will haul it up there for me.
Said it would take a week to do the swap

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
If you can turn a wrench you can swap a motor as long as you can get a cherry picker for the engine.

Its really just unbolting a bunch of shit and it will pop back in, throw the front cover and your accessories on the new motor and you're good to go

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
I swapped a 5.0 not a 4.6 yet.. Maybe DFW folks can get together and swap that thing out..
True I may try to reach out
If you can turn a wrench you can swap a motor as long as you can get a cherry picker for the engine.

Its really just unbolting a bunch of shit and it will pop back in, throw the front cover and your accessories on the new motor and you're good to go

I've though about that im still thinking about it

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I was taking about the members on here from DFW.. Not on the other forum they are going to talk mad shit over there..

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
I was taking about the members on here from DFW.. Not on the other forum they are going to talk mad shit over there..

Well if anyone here wants to offer help then im all ears to anyones offer, and that other forum I honestly could care less about then anymore lol im just reaching out

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Sounds like the explorer swap will be the most painless way to go. You really want to do the quickest/simplest swap available and enjoy your car. It's no fun waiting on parts or money for parts. Get back to enjoying your car.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
I heard jonesy was doing a burnout at 19k rpms on his NPI long block spraying a 200 shot when it let go. Don't believe this bologna.

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
I heard jonesy was doing a burnout at 19k rpms on his NPI long block spraying a 200 shot when it let go. Don't believe this bologna.

What the hell man I told you to not tell anyone!

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Have a 99 PI motor in my 98, previous owner did the swap, drives great. PI motors with cams and "bolt ons" with a tune can do 300whp no problem. Exploder motor is nice because it's aluminum. Either way, Mustang PI or Exploder PI you just swap a few things from your NPI and it drops right in and will start up/drive like stock with a noticeable power increase.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brad Nimbus

Members online