So guess what guys

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
Have a 99 PI motor in my 98, previous owner did the swap, drives great. PI motors with cams and "bolt ons" with a tune can do 300whp no problem. Exploder motor is nice because it's aluminum. Either way, Mustang PI or Exploder PI you just swap a few things from your NPI and it drops right in and will start up/drive like stock with a noticeable power increase.

That and the pi motors sound amazing. Im going to look at my new motor later today, coming out of a 03 gt

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
On my way to look at the motor right now!

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
Well I checked it out and all was perfect, she was purring away sounded so healthy it's a done deal and im glad because he told me another guy offered him $1000 but was a man of his word and told the guy it was sold.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
lol who the **** pays 1k for a 2v 4.6?

I think I paid like 600 for my alum block exploder 2v with like 25k miles on it and that was from a yard so more $ than a private sale as well

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
lol who the **** pays 1k for a 2v 4.6?

I think I paid like 600 for my alum block exploder 2v with like 25k miles on it and that was from a yard so more $ than a private sale as well

Hmm idk man I feel like a made a good deal, the salvage yards here sell them for over 1000 it's crazy. Then again the mustang market in Texas is crazy. I've never seen so many on the road

chris91

Reaction score
See thats the thing. You buy it outta a Mustang and there is a major tax on those f**kers. Buy it from a Crown Vic or Explorer and they are a lot cheaper. No difference in heads is there, like cams and springs?

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
See thats the thing. You buy it outta a Mustang and there is a major tax on those f**kers. Buy it from a Crown Vic or Explorer and they are a lot cheaper. No difference in heads is there, like cams and springs?

That is true!

chris91

Reaction score
I noticed that when I was buying my engine. Sooo glad I went the route I did. For $1800 I got my heads and cams already on a stock block. ;)

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Agreed on the mustang price being silly. Its because dumbasses don't realize that a pi motor is a pi motor and once you bust it down to just the motor with the heads cams and intake on it everything else just swaps over and drops in. If I blow up this motor and want a stocker to get me by till my teksid is done I'll for sure go find an aluminum explorer motor. Weight savings alone makes it more preferable.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
If you paid $1k for it you overpaid... at least you would have around where I live.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
How many miles are supposed to be on it?

I mean its not too bad if its a low mileage motor but I probably would have shopped around for an exploder motor and seen if you could get it for less and save 80 lbs off the front end. lol

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
How many miles are supposed to be on it?

I mean its not too bad if its a low mileage motor but I probably would have shopped around for an exploder motor and seen if you could get it for less and save 80 lbs off the front end. lol

110k on the motor I literally couldn't find any on CL

Goldmember

Reaction score
110K isn't bad provided the motor wasn't beat to shit. It is what it is, done deal, maybe the price was a bit high but that depends quite a bit on region too. Your $700 motor might have run half that in another part of the country.

Get it back together and enjoy. You're going to notice the PI is quite a bit softer down low but pulls like crazy compared to an NPI after 4000 RPM. The torque peak moves from 3200 (NPI) to 4000 RPM (PI) so you'll need to give it a few more revs.

Slykin

Reaction score
Mustang stuff is pretty expensive/hard to find around here. I've been searching craigslist for stuff for ages around here in DFW and there's just about nothing.

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
Mustang stuff is pretty expensive/hard to find around here. I've been searching craigslist for stuff for ages around here in DFW and there's just about nothing.

This guy has the whole cat for sale including the full black leather interior, it's in mint condition, he also has a saleen wing. Here's the link
http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/pts/3654953874.html

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
110K isn't bad provided the motor wasn't beat to shit. It is what it is, done deal, maybe the price was a bit high but that depends quite a bit on region too. Your $700 motor might have run half that in another part of the country.

Get it back together and enjoy. You're going to notice the PI is quite a bit softer down low but pulls like crazy compared to an NPI after 4000 RPM. The torque peak moves from 3200 (NPI) to 4000 RPM (PI) so you'll need to give it a few more revs.

Thanks man, I can't wait to feel the difference and hear it run with my straight pipes

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16

Members online