So guess what guys

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
dude...why the hell are you buying a motor with 110k miles on it? lol

Look around, you should easily be able to find one with less than 50k on it somewhere for the same or less $.

I wouldnt put a 110k motor in my car....thats insane.

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
Not bad. It come with the Intake Manifold too? I know a lot of junk yards will pull them off so thats a decent deal.

Oh yeah lol, I told him I wanted everything from the intake down to the pan including wiring

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=139922

just an example, 02 Pi motor with 51k miles for 400 bucks

they are out there

http://www.modularfords.com/threads/191648-pi-motor-intake-cams-headers

selling an 01 PI motor with only 20k miles on it...im sure you could work out a deal with one of these guys to ship it

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Theres a guy on the corral selling a 2v 5.4 testbed with near new PI heads and low miles for $500 local to me. I am so tempted to get it but it would just sit in my garage... But yeah cheap low mileage motors are out there. That one for $400 would probably still be cheaper shipped than your 110k mile unit locally. Just saying...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

chris91

Reaction score
Itd be every bit of 200-250 to ship a engine. Also, he got to hear the engine running and saw the odometer so he knows there's nothing funny goin on. Id never buy an engine from someone over the net unless they gave me some sort of warranty guaranteeing it ran good that and anyone can claim an engine only has 20k miles on it. Id say thats worth the extra $100 he spent.

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
Itd be every bit of 200-250 to ship a engine. Also, he got to hear the engine running so he knows there's nothing funny goin on. Id never buy an engine from someone over the net unless they gave me some sort of warranty guaranteeing it ran good. Id say thats worth the extra $100 he spent.

Thank you sir!
The car looked to be very well taken care of minus the obvious damage done from the semi lol.
But yes the motor sounded VERY healthy

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Regardless of if the motor sounds healthy, its still got 110k miles on it...why not spend the time and track down something with less miles?

chris91

Reaction score
Oh Im not arguing that at all. Just talking about buying one from someone on the net and having it shipped.

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Eh, get a video of it running buy from a guy you trust, do ALL communication electronically for records and use a credit card to buy it so if s piece of junk or even something not as advertised shows up you can charge it back.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
You guys are smoking meth ... Warranty from private sale ... Pack another bowl lol... Like said I'd some more searching for a lower mileage motor

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Uh no warranty, charging back a credit card is really the one and best defense we have in buying online. I've had to do it twice now. Tons of documentation and details are your friends. If someone advertises one thing and says "this is exactly what you are getting" but one "just like it" or "just as good" shows up that is fraud and my bank has sided with me on those 2 occasions that a bogus item has arrived. Both times ebay and both times cell phones but you get the idea. (If you sell a new/other phone it had better not be only used a week or some bullshit, new means NEW). Money back in my account and PayPal left to go after the seller for the $ and the seller left to pay for return shipping or I keep it.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
my bank has sided with me on those 2 occasions that a bogus item has arrived

Just some FYI: The credit card company will side with the buyer 100% of the time in a chargeback case. You could have all the documentation in the world, or absolutely no documentation at all... it doesn't matter. The seller could then appeal the chargeback, but will lose every single time in cases where the buyer claims the purchase was "not as described."

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Stop trying to band aid the car, take the time to install a new fresh motor in it. The experience would be worth it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16

Members online