Sonic96GT 2V build (updated 6/22/11) a couple pics of motor!

sonic96gt

Reaction score
Ok. I started this kind of late but o well. Here is what I got so far. I'm about 75% there. It now has a primered cobra hood.

Mods on the car now:
BBK ceramic shortys
UPR o/r x pipe
Magnapacks exhaust
Eibach sport lines with iso's
BBK cold air intake
Trick Flow 75mm t/b and plenum
Pro 5.0 Short shifter
Strange shocks/struts (chatter bugs)
Steeda front sway bar

a105bd78-1.jpg

100_1025-1.jpg

S-trim. Im going to run 14-15 psi intercooled and power piped
b953a82c.jpg

c52de2dd.jpg

Stage 2 ported foxlake heads
Picture511.jpg

Stage 2 crower blower cams
Picture510.jpg

Picture509.jpg

Picture513.jpg

TKOII with lakewood bell housing (not in picture)
fa2752bb.jpg

Stage III ported bullet intake that I painted a low gloss black
080e6965.jpg

MMR900 rods and pistons 9.1 compression, notched, and cobra crank.
06fa6434.jpg

f99f20fe.jpg

ca7ccd3c.jpg

Mach1 aluminum block
08836595.jpg

Cobra front bumper. I use to have the rear bumper, but I sold it because I want to remain true to my GT.
635ccc45.jpg

I will hopefully be done by spring late winter. I will try to keep updated.

OP
OP
S

sonic96gt

Reaction score
Re: Sonic96GT build for 550 + rwhp

Yea. First year of the 2v. Thanks, Hopefully I have no setbacks.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score

remember.. ARP mains, head studs, crank and cam gear bolts. TFS tensioners and chains. FRPP chain guides and ford bolts for timing components. 4v Oil pump and pick up tube. pi coolant tube and nipple (dont forget).. i done this a little while ago. take your time and dont be scared to ask questions. align hone, and cylinder hone if needed. torque plate bore the heads if your upping the piston size. very necessary on aluminum blocks. by the looks in the picture, have the crank polished. may cost 35$ . i think youll love the lobe of those crower cams.

OP
OP
S

sonic96gt

Reaction score

Vermilion said:
remember.. ARP mains, head studs, crank and cam gear bolts. TFS tensioners and chains. FRPP chain guides and ford bolts for timing components. 4v Oil pump and pick up tube. pi coolant tube and nipple (dont forget).. i done this a little while ago. take your time and dont be scared to ask questions. align hone, and cylinder hone if needed. torque plate bore the heads if your upping the piston size. very necessary on aluminum blocks. by the looks in the picture, have the crank polished. may cost 35$ . i think youll love the lobe of those crower cams.
Thanks. I know there is a bunch of little things I need. I plan to get the block bored 20 over and honed. Thanks for the advice. Every bit helps. Still always more to learn about these mod motors. I can use a 4v oil pump with a 2v motor?

PI96GT

Reaction score

sonic96gt said:
Vermilion said:
Thanks. I know there is a bunch of little things I need. I plan to get the block bored 20 over and honed. Thanks for the advice. Every bit helps. Still always more to learn about these mod motors. I can use a 4v oil pump with a 2v motor?

yup because the shortblocks on the cars are still the same, i mean your using a 4v block with 2v heads

OP
OP
S

sonic96gt

Reaction score

PI96GT said:
sonic96gt said:
Vermilion said:

yup because the shortblocks on the cars are still the same, i mean your using a 4v block with 2v heads

Ok. I thought the accessories were a bit different. There is so much other little things I'd need. I just wanted to knock all the big purchases out the way first. So now I'm on to the little stuff. Ill make sure to dbl check before I bring it all to the machine shop.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

awesome collection of parts u have there
I have those same pistons. GREAT for forced induction.

OP
OP
S

sonic96gt

Reaction score

Dalamar said:
awesome collection of parts u have there
I have those same pistons. GREAT for forced induction.

Thanks bro. I've been following your build btw, very well done. It's nice to see the sn95 2vs in the 500's. Most of the 2v's that are built are new edges with a termi clone. So this is my sn95 with a cobra clone.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score

94-95 tbird cover from ebay will fit that block perfectly.

OP
OP
S

sonic96gt

Reaction score

Vermilion said:
Not quite sure what that is...

PI96GT

Reaction score

sonic96gt said:
Vermilion said:
Not quite sure what that is...

the timing chain cover off of a 94-95 thunderbird 4.6

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score

what he said^ it has the alignment for water pump bolt. it also uses the exact same accessories as the 96 romeo. direct swap.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score

Why didnt you tell me you had that timing cover I wouldt have baught one from you instead of getting effed by some D bag on Corral......

Either way good build sorry your doing a cobra clone compelte with emblem. I was interested until I saw that.

OP
OP
S

sonic96gt

Reaction score

Duff Daddy said:
Why didnt you tell me you had that timing cover I wouldt have baught one from you instead of getting effed by some D bag on Corral......

Either way good build sorry your doing a cobra clone compelte with emblem. I was interested until I saw that.
Haha ahh man, you can still have interest in my build. Don't let a body kit ruin your interest. The cobras look a lot meaner than the GTs. And if I reach my goal I want to look fierce in someones review.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score

duff you know i found the tbird cover.... any questions on the engine please ask. we're anti-4v. 2v are misunderstood. i am keeping mine stock appearing except paint. i drive and people think oh another "me 2" mustang until they hear the cam and downshift and exhaust says there's business.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score

looks like a nice build, should put down the numbers your shooting for
what are the specs on the cams? you going to degree them?
some meth would really wake that thing up too

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T's Convertible

Members online