Sonic96GT 2V build (updated 6/22/11) a couple pics of motor!

PI96GT

Reaction score
Re: Sonic96GT 2V build (updated 4/25/11)

Is shaun tuning your car? or are you going to newtech? TPS?

OP
OP
S

sonic96gt

Reaction score

PI96GT said:
Looks like I'm going to dittos mortors in SSF. They are well known around the area, and they are a local shop. Damn your doing a 5.1 with kenne bell 2.8.... That's a crazy build. You should be near
700rwhp easily.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score

at very minimal id look at better flowing rails and an adjustable FP. im sure you know this. i know the stock rails arent efficient for more then 400ish. has it been done yes. overall, i approve this build. fellow 2v'er

OP
OP
S

sonic96gt

Reaction score

Vermilion said:
at very minimal id look at better flowing rails and an adjustable FP. im sure you know this. i know the stock rails arent efficient for more then 400ish. has it been done yes. overall, i approve this build. fellow 2v'er
Haha, Thanks. When I'm getting a tune I'll see how they hold up. I'f im running lean, or need more fuel. Ill buckle down and get whats needed. I've did tons of research and seen good result. If it works, it works. If I did not feel safe about it I would not risk it. But if worse comes to worse I'll replace them if I need to. Just let me dyno it first and see how it plays out. Also I can go back and do it later down the road. I'm not done after the tranny and motor swap. Rear end, and front end suspension, paint, interior, brakes. I want to be done with all this by the end of summer then get a decent DD.

PI96GT

Reaction score

sonic96gt said:
PI96GT said:
Looks like I'm going to dittos mortors in SSF. They are well known around the area, and they are a local shop. Damn your doing a 5.1 with kenne bell 2.8.... That's a crazy build. You should be near
700rwhp easily.

Ya im stoked but now not 100% set on the kenne bell since the whipple 2.9 was released

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score

im not inpressed with kenne bell. good choice on the plugs. my heads are ported. up until recently of fouling plugs after 500 miles. i swapped out to TR6's and thus far havent had issues even naturally aspirated until i upgrade my fuel system. have you looked into a windage tray for the bottom end? theres bubba's running the 3v tray. i opted for another solution but i honestly dont know how to desribe it.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score

On the windage tray line, if you want I have one for sale,its an OE cobra tray.

OP
OP
S

sonic96gt

Reaction score

Vermilion said:
im not inpressed with kenne bell. good choice on the plugs. my heads are ported. up until recently of fouling plugs after 500 miles. i swapped out to TR6's and thus far havent had issues even naturally aspirated until i upgrade my fuel system. have you looked into a windage tray for the bottom end? theres bubba's running the 3v tray. i opted for another solution but i honestly dont know how to desribe it.
I have not planned on it. I'm not taking the RPMS past 7000. I should be somewhere around 6500-6800.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

i like the MSD black packs MUCH better than the gawdy white ones...

had a spec stage 2. i liked it.
have two 255s. nice choice.
have stage 8 lockers, love them.

off to a good start ;-) lol.

OP
OP
S

sonic96gt

Reaction score

MustangChris said:
i like the MSD black packs MUCH better than the gawdy white ones...

had a spec stage 2. i liked it.
have two 255s. nice choice.
have stage 8 lockers, love them.

off to a good start ;-) lol.

Thanks bro

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score

at any rpm oil causes drag on the rotating assembly. old school way was to knife edge to slice through oil. newer method is to use a windage tray. the oem cobra trays werent a full guard, only partial.

OP
OP
S

sonic96gt

Reaction score

It's been a while since I last posted. Guess what guys? Another set back has came about. So the heads which I thought were Stage 2 fox lake were not. My engine builder said they were only lightly ported on the intake side. He also said they are not even considered a stage 1 port job. At least the heads did include comp cam beehives springs. At the time I bought these heads 2 years ago for $450, I realize looking back now that's way to low for some real stage 2 fox lake heads. I guess there was some confusion between the seller and me. O well, Whats done is done. But I could not have that. I just purchased some real stage 2 fox lake head from corral. I got the original buyers name. I called fox lake and spoke to Ron, I gave him the original buyers first and last name and everything checked out. My engine builder is pretty much waiting on the heads to be delivered. He has the short block complete.

Timing cover powder coated ford blue, power pipe black, vortech bracket black. The elebrock intake is another customers.
4257e6be.jpg

76121fe8.jpg

Short block assembly/assembled
0af2f95f.jpg

db3e8196.jpg

ce8d6103.jpg

254e9944.jpg

04e7775b.jpg

a2d25b60.jpg

4b1ea86a.jpg

Stage 2 Fox Lake heads on the way.
f1929102.jpg

This is my road bike I purchased after my car was towed. I get back and forth to work like this since I don't have a second vehicle.
8a062bc3.jpg

I will defiantly get a daily driver when I'm done. The 1500-2000 I will spend on a DD can be that much closer to finishing the car. So I want to wait until I finsih. I'll be taking my time breaking my motor in. While breaking it in slowly I'll be doing paint, interior, brakes, rear end, and mild suspension. I only plan on putting 1,000 miles on the car after the break in until I get my daily driver.

I seen this parked in a garage at my work. Thought it was bad a$$
a7f13dbe.jpg

2ad9f8b2.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Canaryonvskf’s

Members online