[STICKY REQUEST] Parts Review Database: Wheels & Tires

Justang

Reaction score
Welcome to the Wheels & Tires section of the SN95Forums Parts Review Database!

Please keep in mind that the information collected here is 100% user-provided, therefore these reviews are based on personal experiences and opinions. Submissions are gladly accepted from all members. If you do not see a review for a part you own (or have owned) feel free to leave a post below. Multiple submissions are encouraged, so if you see a review for something and would like to supplement it, post one of your own! Please make sure you are posting in the correct section. Below are links to each thread:

Engine: http://sn95forums.com/showthread.php?48376-STICKY-REQUEST-Parts-Review-Database-Engine
Transmission & Driveline:
http://sn95forums.com/showthread.ph...ts-Review-Database-Transmission-amp-Driveline
Suspension: http://sn95forums.com/showthread.php?48378-STICKY-REQUEST-Parts-Review-Database-Suspension
Wheels & Tires: You are here!
Exterior: http://sn95forums.com/showthread.php?48380-STICKY-REQUEST-Parts-Review-Database-Exterior
Interior: http://sn95forums.com/showthread.php?48381-STICKY-REQUEST-Parts-Review-Database-Interior
Exhaust: http://sn95forums.com/showthread.php?48595-STICKY-REQUEST-Parts-Review-Database-Exhaust

ENJOY! THANK YOU TO ALL CONTRIBUTORS!

BRAND
PART
INSTALLATION
REVIEW
American MuscleBullitt Wheels (Black; 17x9/10.5)They came with Sumitomo 335/40R17s on them. They would rub occasionally, didn't hook up worth a crap and didn't last long..."They have held up nicely in the 3-4 yrs I have had them, no problems with the paint/powder and easy to keep clean. My only complaint would be that the lips on them are not polished and I think would look better if they were." -ttocs
American MuscleGT500 Wheels (Black Machined; 18x9/10)Mounted and balanced perfectly. Lug shafts are narrower then normal so a standard thin wall socket is necessary! Normal impact sockets and various standard deep wall sockets WILL NOT FIT!"I'm pleased with the finish and quality, arrived at front door in perfect condition. The only thing that bugs me is the socket dilemma. This isn't the only wheel from American Muscle that's had this problem as my older Hypercoated Saleens had the same problem. Just be aware that when you buy them be prepared to make a parts store run." -Steve-Oh
American MuscleSaleen Wheels (Hypercoated;18x9/10)Same as most other wheels"Quality is decent, they have a really nice look buy you can tell the finish is not up to par as I would expect from a high end wheel. Few blems in the finish, etc. The finish also seems very soft, and seems to scratch/ding very easily. They look great and don't cost too much money though." -OnyxCobra
CJ Pony Parts03-04 Cobra Wheels (Polished)Mounted and balanced free by a friend"Quality is superior. The finish on these wheels is amazing. Very fast shipping and excellent price on these bad boys. Definitely helped the look of the car." -Ferocious

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Brand: Cj Pony Parts
Part: Polished 03/04 Cobra Wheels
Installation: Got them all mounted & balance for free by a friend.
Review: Quality is superior. The finish on these wheels is amazing. Very fast shipping and excellent price on these bad boys. Definitely helped the look of the car.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
American Muscle Hypercoated 18x9/10 Saleen Wheels
Installation same as most other wheels
Quality is decent, they have a really nice look but you can tell the finish is not up to par as I would expect from a high end wheel. Few blems in the finish, etc. The finish also seems very soft, and seems to scratch/ding very easily. They look great and don't cost too much money though.

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
Brand : American Muscle

Part : Staggered 18" Black Machined GT500 Wheels

Installation : Mounted and balanced perfectly. Lug shafts are narrower then normal so a standard thin wall socket is necessary! Normal impact sockets and various standard deep wall sockets WILL NOT FIT!

Review : I'm pleased with the finish and quality, arrived at front door in perfect condition. The only thing that bugs me is the socket dilemma. This isn't the only wheel from American Muscle that's had this problem as my older Hypercoated Saleens had the same problem. Just be aware that when you buy them be prepared to make a parts store run.

The End.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
american muscle black bullets with 10" rears/9" fronts.

They have held up nicely in the 3-4 yrs I have had them, no problems with the paint/powder and easy to keep clean. My only complaint would be that the lips on them are not polished and I think would look better if they were.

They came with sumitomo 335/40R17s on them. They would rub occasionally, didn't hook up worth a crap and didn't last long but they were a nice looking tire and the only time I have got compliments on my tires funny enough....

Larius91

Reaction score

Installation : Mounted and balanced perfectly. Lug shafts are narrower then normal so a standard thin wall socket is necessary! Normal impact sockets and various standard deep wall sockets WILL NOT FIT!

Review : I'm pleased with the finish and quality, arrived at front door in perfect condition. The only thing that bugs me is the socket dilemma. This isn't the only wheel from American Muscle that's had this problem as my older Hypercoated Saleens had the same problem. Just be aware that when you buy them be prepared to make a parts store run.

The End.

That's common on some wheels. My wheels are the same way and I got a set of splined lug nuts that come with a thin walled splined socket. It prevents against theft and also eliminates those "highly qualified" employees at tire shops trying to use a standard socket should I need new tires.

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score

The End.
When I had my Hyper Saleens...I swore on my life I would never own another set because of the lug holes. Drove me insane...I cross threaded a lot of studs because of those wheels.

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
Brand: O E Wheels

Part: (2) 18x10.5 Chrome Saleen replicas

Installation: Not too long when you have access to a tire mounter and balancer.

Review: Good Quality. Apparantly they don't sell the 10.5 inch wide wheels anymore, and I haven't seen anyone else selling them either to the best of my knowledge. Without tires the wheels balanced true, and with tires they didn't require much weight. Over 4 years later and the finish on them still looks great. Not even the inside of wheel is flaking or showing any unusual problems.. I will probably replace the 18x9s I have on the front that I bought used, with O E wheels when I get some spare change.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online