Stock fuel pressure regulator on Aftermarket fuel rail?

Yaqub Wally Mukhtar

Reaction score
Hey, so I just purchased a set of Edelbrock fuel rails for 94-95 mustangs. Is it possible to use the stock fuel pressure regulator or should I use an aftermarket one?

Thanks

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it depends on the rails. the stock design connects to the rail so if it has that design you can use it. There are a lot of aftermarket designs that do not have that spot which means you need an aftermarket regulator and probably some AN line and ends to connect to it.

OP
OP
Y

Yaqub Wally Mukhtar

Reaction score
it depends on the rails. the stock design connects to the rail so if it has that design you can use it. There are a lot of aftermarket designs that do not have that spot which means you need an aftermarket regulator and probably some AN line and ends to connect to it.
Yeah, I was planning on swapping the fuel lines from runner to braided anyway, so that isn’t an issue.

This is the fuel rail I got:
https://www.cjponyparts.com/edelbro...6fZVgU6xG-UIfZsh_xtWCC4uWCy6tPXEaArg-EALw_wcB

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
that does not have the mounting spot for it so it will have to go external. I would tell you to try and make sure those rails fit before you do all the change in plumbing. Some aftermarket rails stick out and hit the dist with out the correct dist in place. The connectors for the external fuel pump can get expensive pretty quick.

OP
OP
Y

Yaqub Wally Mukhtar

Reaction score
that does not have the mounting spot for it so it will have to go external. I would tell you to try and make sure those rails fit before you do all the change in plumbing. Some aftermarket rails stick out and hit the dist with out the correct dist in place. The connectors for the external fuel pump can get expensive pretty quick.
Ok, any recommendations for a good regulator? I'm not looking for something too fancy, just something to get the job done.

OP
OP
Y

Yaqub Wally Mukhtar

Reaction score
good - cheap - fast. You get to pick 2.

The trickflow rail kit I got came with a regulator, lines and the fittings. Its all made by aeromotive for trickflow.
Ok cool, I think I’ll get an aeromotive kit then

Thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.