Suspension and tire advice

OP
OP
S

searay86

Reaction score
I HAVE MADE MY DECISION

Im just going to get the seat time without mods, easier to learn if the cones are coming at me slow right? lolol I'll keep my eyes out on the local marketplace and craigslist.

On a side note, I want to get rid of horrible stock cats with 2 high flow cats and a xpipe.
Pypes and SLP seem to be the options, opinions?

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I HAVE MADE MY DECISION

Im just going to get the seat time without mods, easier to learn if the cones are coming at me slow right? lolol I'll keep my eyes out on the local marketplace and craigslist.

On a side note, I want to get rid of horrible stock cats with 2 high flow cats and a xpipe.
Pypes and SLP seem to be the options, opinions?

You may have said it earlier, but do you have to have cats where you live?

I would look for an 8.8 though, better to have a limited slip over the one wheel peel 7.5

OP
OP
S

searay86

Reaction score
You may have said it earlier, but do you have to have cats where you live?

While I am required to have cats because of where I live, I want them so I can stay in my SCCA class where cats are required.

I would look for an 8.8 though, better to have a limited slip over the one wheel peel 7.5
I might be understanding my classes rules wrong but I do not think I can change rearends. And I thought GTs had limited slip? Dang lmao

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Isn't this a GT already? Did I miss something? GT should have 8.8 with lsd from factory

ReplicaR

Reaction score
You can rebuild stock diff, and it doesn't say anything in the rules about using better clutch packs (FRPP)

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It’s amazing what a difference fresh clutch packs and new fluid and friction additives can make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

searay86

Reaction score
Over the winter the rear end was checked and fluid was replaced :) Id like to do clutch work but thats for future plans

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
While I am required to have cats because of where I live, I want them so I can stay in my SCCA class where cats are required.

I might be understanding my classes rules wrong but I do not think I can change rearends. And I thought GTs had limited slip? Dang lmao

Gotcha, and I must have just been confused, if it is a GT it is an 8.8, I was thinking of someone with a V6, my bad!

Isn't this a GT already? Did I miss something? GT should have 8.8 with lsd from factory

see above lol

Over the winter the rear end was checked and fluid was replaced :) Id like to do clutch work but thats for future plans

They're talking about the clutch packs in the rear end that make the limited slip function.

OP
OP
S

searay86

Reaction score
They're talking about the clutch packs in the rear end that make the limited slip function.

Ooooo. As soon as I think I know something theres so much I don't know about my car lol. They could actually be bad in the car. My right rear tire had a lot more wear when I got new tires

OP
OP
S

searay86

Reaction score
ON A SIDENOTE, last night was fun. Serpentine belt broke then lost power steering and brakes, the whole 9 yards. The belt has gouges in it to where it split. The idler was new last fall and the all the pulleys move freely. Later we put the belt back on and it ran fine. With the belt off, the tensioner looked bent but straight with the belt back on.. ideas??

OP
OP
S

searay86

Reaction score
g36 monkey and ReplicaR what Koni coilovers did you get? I got the itch to get more car parts :D and ReplicaR should I stick with 9in rims to not worry about offsets/rubbing or advice on 10in rims?

E:10in in the front

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I've got custom valved and shortened Koni dampers and MM Coilovers, about 3k in parts. But my car is also pretty setup and focused. 10 inch wheels won't rub on anything with correct offset (18mm) and enough camber, which mustang needs anyway.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Same. Fitment is fine too, did this so I could rotate the wheels.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have single adjustable Koni struts with an MM setup up front. Non-adjustable Bilstein shocks with MM setup in the rear. ReplicaR is way more competitive than me and would be able to provide the best advice on that topic :)

OP
OP
S

searay86

Reaction score
Got it! thank you so much for the advice! I'm racing this Saturday and Sunday, I hope the car makes it through :shocked:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online