The "I don't know what to name this" Build Thread

OP
OP
damon81nola

damon81nola

Reaction score
More progress... got it done but not done yet. Still have some things to finish up and some hiccups to overcome.
0787292f6dd96010c3d928ee14fe0de2.jpg
d1d27ed6e61c8e24d3308aab7102ea72.jpg
f298b9ca5a40f39fa55c35ffac9f888e.jpg
ad3528b61591c62392b2d27050f08f5b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
damon81nola

damon81nola

Reaction score
d49991a00bf9281ac942b6b1884f3a3f.jpg
a42e3bee07ee2069d9fcb0980b3ac0f7.jpg
89587e914e74f1c64d6b41563cd4e3b9.jpg

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wyDL7Fj9pcUkv5E79

Well it runs. Not with the brand new MAF connected though. It ran well until it seems to have really warmed up then I got that sound in the second video. I have no idea why this started but the sound is definitely coming from the intake. Also another issue is, my driver side window does nothing. I hear a click but the window itself does nothing. The passenger side does work from the same switch though. Tried changing the module that is connected to the door but that did nothing. The other issue is the O2 sensors don’t seem to be working and I’m thinking the front O2 sensor harness was damaged in the fire a while back. I’m getting there though.

OP
OP
damon81nola

damon81nola

Reaction score
Still at it. I know it’s been a while but I had a bunch of things come up so I’m just really getting back to it. She stopped shifting into 2nd and 4th gears so with some tests run thought it was the shift solenoid. Replaced that and.... well seems to have gotten 2nd back. No dice on 4th. Not time yet then. Guess a trans swap or rebuild is on the way. Still have a bit of work to do with Power steering, interior, AC, and a few more things. Paint will be last on this list for me though. After she’s fully road worthy I may just have a bit of fun before getting paint done. There will be a few more things that will be done before it’s all said and done.

Last edited:
OP
OP
damon81nola

damon81nola

Reaction score
Annnnd... Back I am... we are. So here’s Raven the “Scorchd Horse” and I’m still fighting to get her done.
08a28b6fc75127a827e926fad239e858.jpg

Dealing with the transmission right now but not the last thing obviously.

OP
OP
damon81nola

damon81nola

Reaction score
Got a move looming in the next few months I want to get her up and running but now there are 3 big issues.

1. The transmission- not getting 4th gear.
2. When the MAF sensor is connected she doesn’t start or she runs horribly
3. There’s a dent in the engine oil pan that’s hitting the crank (this one is new and I know what I’ll have to do and what happened)

Haven’t been able to get over there consistently to work on it lately but I’m going at it again. New pan should be here in a few days and that is not about to be fun. Hopefully changing this Transmission Overdrive Servo Assembly Piston & Snap Ring is the answer as I’ve already changed the Shift Solenoid and got 2nd gear back thanks to a suggestion and some great help from Lwarrior1016. If not.... trans swap is probably imminent. Then I still have to finish the interior issues, put on the new tires and deal with the Power steering too. I still have a bit on my list but if I can get the transmission issue out the way then I’ll be okay with the rest. I’ve got a bit of goodies to go in and on her and my paint guy is over-ready so I’m not tapping out.

BigBore96

Reaction score
You mentioned a new maf sensor. Which one? And have you tried another stock one or cleaning the one you have. (Granted I know you said new but couldn't hurt to clean it anyway)

Also. Those noises are generally caused by the idle air which can also make it not start or run rough at idle.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
damon81nola

damon81nola

Reaction score
You mentioned a new maf sensor. Which one? And have you tried another stock one or cleaning the one you have. (Granted I know you said new but couldn't hurt to clean it anyway)

Also. Those noises are generally caused by the idle air which can also make it not start or run rough at idle.

Already checking for air leaks etc and same went for the original one as well so it has me going over all of that again. With all the other work I have to do I’m hoping to get the trans right then I’m hoping to sort that out the same time I deal with the AC/Heat issue as well. I will do though as it was suggested that I change the IAC Valve to a better one than what I got from wherever I bought it from.

BigBore96

Reaction score
Couldnt hurt to start it and unplug that iac and see how it reacts before jumping the gun and swapping it.

Hoping you get that auto figured out. I know too little about them to help.

OP
OP
damon81nola

damon81nola

Reaction score
Couldnt hurt to start it and unplug that iac and see how it reacts before jumping the gun and swapping it.

Yeah. I’m gonna see about that too. As far as the trans... here’s to hoping for good luck because as you can see from the other recent pics I’m not in the best place to drop one easily. Then I have to change this oil pan. long story but I wish I hadn’t asked for that help. So the Louvers are hitting the crank. So now the idea is dropping two pans.

9eec37d5f6369f0519548a122ed9b90b.jpg

3ad61d6ef9de7c48aa53ca56521e9cb4.jpg

BigBore96

Reaction score
Good luck with everything. Keep us posted.

regarding the pinning of gears
I welded mine but if you dont have that option pinning them together works just as well. I cant speak for how hard the gears to drill but if you have issues try a masonry bit.

Blew my mind when I wanted to add a pin to the cams in one of the ford motors and none of my bits would do it but a masonry.

OP
OP
damon81nola

damon81nola

Reaction score
She was mad when I said she couldn’t come.
a82a0cb619413b97dc24713bb2e596d7.jpg

Well it’s in the air now. I’m trying to get this trans co pelted and still hoping I don’t have to swap it but right now the thing I’m dreading the most is the engine oil pan.the more I look at these headlights the more I wish the fit better. Might look into some other options later.
932f33efc1831272f5940f882edfa5aa.jpg

Boostr1

Reaction score
The reason I avoided the one piece lights. Read stories that they don't fit well.

OP
OP
damon81nola

damon81nola

Reaction score
The reason I avoided the one piece lights. Read stories that they don't fit well.

They look great on there but they just don’t seem to line up right and sit flush. I love their design but that bugs the hell outta me. I’ve been fighting the OCD but I think the closer I get to having it done the more I see them.

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
My car had one piece headlights when I got it. They just couldn't be adjusted to fit well...

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you guys just didn't curse enough, or loud enough, or a combination of the two. If you were not worried the neighbors will hear you then you were not trying hard enough.

OP
OP
damon81nola

damon81nola

Reaction score
you guys just didn't curse enough, or loud enough, or a combination of the two. If you were not worried the neighbors will hear you then you were not trying hard enough.

Lmao I don’t think my grandma’s neighbors would agree

giphy.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar