the momstang rebuild begins TOOK A TRIP AROUND THE BLOCK!

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hey Scott, any pics of the whole car? I forgot about all the custom bodywork you have done.
I have been DYING to get a pic of more than a small section as much as everyone else has. The thing slowing it all down is that I am basically learning how to cut/buff a car now. I have done as far as a glaze on a car with a buffer but I have never got down to wet sanding/polishing before this. With that in mind I have been going at it slowly with each product/pad to learn how fast it needs to spin, how much pressure to put on it and how long fast to move. I have been starting slowly to keep from burning through and its taken more then one pass with each product at least in the beginning to figure out what was best. This week I finally felt like I had the polishing down and its starting to turn green and shiny again. It was at those points I could not help but take a pic as it just went from assy to classy at that moment. The pic above was after the last polish, but then after I did a glaze on it, a cleanser wax and a sealer wax now its REALLY green and starting to come alive. I had never been more excited on the project as now its still starting nicely and starting to look really good to. So of course that means its a perfect time for my chrones to flare up so the last 3 days I have been dreaming of finishing it up but instead I am in the ER. Thankfully they are fully staffed so its moving pretty well and I hope to get out in a couple of hours but it might take a few days before I am back on my feet to finish.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I felt like crap yesterday and today but its just getting too damn close to stop completely. I spent some more time each day and not its almost ready to turn it around so I have the good light in the garage on the front end. Thankfully it was further along as I spent more time on it earlier so hopefully it will not take as long.
QHuzovX.jpg

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
and someday I hope to finish and drive it, but not today. I did not want to stay in the hospital wed when my chrones flared and I went to the er. I was hoping that I could just get topped off on fluids a little medicine and it would be ok after. I had some issues yesterday still but then didn't sleep at all last night and was thrown in the bathroom at 4am back with the usual. After 8 hrs in there I finally decided to call it and go back to the hospital and this time stay longer. So here I am not with my f'ing mask wishing I could finish the paint. Its so close............

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
get that song outta yer head now! But then there are worst songs to have stuck up here. When I make it out today that will have to be the theme music for the garage today - NWA. I need to finish polishing the bumper and pass front fender and after that she be ready for a quick wax before a drive.

Addicted

Reaction score
Is that carbon fiber hood, and you painted the green on it? It's a nice touch.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Is that carbon fiber hood, and you painted the green on it? It's a nice touch.
yes it is. I always thought leaving it raw made it blend in about the same as a primered or another colored part on a car. So I made a cf stripe and then made the grill insert to start it. I am going to go polish the bumper and grill insert shortly so I can get a better pic than this.
tnZOodd.jpg

It also allowed me to blend the flush aerocatch hood pins in.

Addicted

Reaction score
You dont even notice the hood pins unless you stare at it, and I like that you went with that style latch instead of the "In your face, stick out pins". Those only look cool on race cars. Good taste bro, and these cars can go bad so fast when people have bad taste. Keeping it classy is my theme.

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
I finally got a chance to catchup with your build. For a hot minute there, I thought the engine management stuff was going to make you tapout, glad to see you stuck with it. As you have stated here and in other threads, speed density engine management system tuning is not as easy as most people think it is. Some people catch-on faster than others but the more you read about speed density tuning and use the software, you will have a break thru and it will make more sense.

As your build progressed, you added more modifications or projects and that didn't make things easier but you managed to work your arse-off and you got it all done.........CONGRATULATIONS. Once all the tuning is finished on the dyno, I hope you get a chance to enjoy your car out on the road, you F'in deserve it. Nice job and good luck the rest of the way.

Michael Plummer

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
You dont even notice the hood pins unless you stare at it, and I like that you went with that style latch instead of the "In your face, stick out pins". Those only look cool on race cars. Good taste bro, and these cars can go bad so fast when people have bad taste. Keeping it classy is my theme.
you just made my day saying that you didn't notice them :) I have only seen one or two cars with the completely flush mounted aerocatches on them and I knew I wanted them but it left little to no room for error in install. I am happy with how they turned out for sure.

Boostr1

Reaction score

What, stick on chrome hood scoops and fender vents ain't your thing...

50HSN95

Reaction score
Man that hood and front end is really cool! As mentioned above I had to scroll back and look close for the hood latches. The CF insert on the grill is a nice touch also. As well I really like the look of the lower bumper with the spoiler molded in.

So many little touches. This is one of those cars I would enjoy just looking at for a bit at a car show, just trying to pick out all of the little hidden things that have a lot of time put into them.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Sorry to drag it out one piece at a time but each time I get done and stand back I gotta take a pic... Today I rubbed out the bumper.
FePFlV2.jpg

OA7jyYt.jpg

lozy0Ey.jpg

gOD0UAF.jpg

I also did the cowl.
DkI4hx4.jpg

The paint isn't perfect by any means. If you look at the pic above you can see some texture in the metallic. Its good enough for me to stand next to it and say its the first, and probably the last car I will paint.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online